[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Lakers trying to get Sasha off the books. Damn, they really getting rid of all the guys who got two rings.
laugh.gif

Ain't bringing back Powell, no MBenga as of yet, Farmar, and now they trying to get rid of Sasha?

They're trying to shed his contract (saving them 5.5 million in the long-run), and tagging a first rounder with him.

That guy can go !%%% himself...

I don't care if the Heat got 3 big free agents... That's not a whole team..

It's one thing to say that the Heat are the East favorite. But Finals favorite when you have a team that has won 2 straight years and been in the finals for 3. With the deepest team in the NBA.. Only losing their 7th & 8th option on offense (If we don't get Shannon Brown back).. Not being a particularly old team...Kobe having an off season of rest and ability to fix his injuries..

Go position by position and the Lakers are better at 4 out of 5 positions..

Sasha is an expiring contract, though. Whatever we get back in return isn't going to save us any money, right? Plus I think we should only do this if Brown re-signs.

I think we should hold onto our first round picks, seeing as this team is getting older. It wouldn't hurt to have some talented youth. I like Ebanks and Caracter, but the more the better.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@PDcavsinsider Sources said Lakers are trying to trade Sasha Vujacic wfirst round pick to get his salary off books.
frown.gif

@PDcavsinsider Brown wants to play for the Lakers and the Lakers want him back. He'll likely eventually sign there, this is all about haggling over $.
eyes.gif
You know what Sasha is good for what he does.. Being a pain in the $%% for who ever he is guarding.. He's not a great defender.. But he pisses you off easy. Gets in your head somehow. But he is not worth $5million..

If the trade off of getting rid of Sasha  is keeping Shannon Brown I am for it. 

In 2011 our free agents would be Matt Barnes (he has a player option he will most likely accept) & Theo Ratliff.. Sasha also if we keep him.. So while having picks is good.. It will not be essential for us to have them in the 2011 off-season....

I think getting his $5.5 mil off out radar is very important..

I don't know who are our free agents in 2012 most likely will be one of our better players and we will need the $5.5mil (and all the money we can get together), that would probably end up as the price for resigning Sasha for next year..He just isn't worth $5.5 million a year...

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Sasha is an expiring contract, though. Whatever we get back in return isn't going to save us any money, right? Plus I think we should only do this if Brown re-signs.

I think we should hold onto our first round picks, seeing as this team is getting older. It wouldn't hurt to have some talented youth. I like Ebanks and Caracter, but the more the better.
Once you start paying the bills LamarOwnsem, then maybe what you think LA should do with their first round picks will actually matter.

Until then try to remember that this isn't play money and it's a business. Buss is still trying to squeeze as much cash out of his product as possible.

If Sasha is traded, I think it will be to Minnesota.

They have the cap space to absorb Sasha, he's expiring, has some experience in the triangle and I'm sure Kahn will love another draft pick.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Once you start paying the bills LamarOwnsem, then maybe what you think LA should do with their first round picks will actually matter.

Until then try to remember that this isn't play money and it's a business. Buss is still trying to squeeze as much cash out of his product as possible.
Sorry for having an opinion.

I just don't see how trading Sasha saves any money since he's an expiring contract.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Essential1

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Iiiiiiiiiiiii'm not sure about that one.
Blake/Fisher > Chalmers
Kobe > wade
Artest < Lebron
Gasol > Bosh
Bynum > J.  Anthony

*Kanye shrug*

"This kind of has already spread like wild fire, but he (kobe) told me one day, 'Anyone crazy enough to [expletive] mess with me is crazy enough to play with me,' and he said, 'Let's get it done,'" Barnes said.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Essential1

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Iiiiiiiiiiiii'm not sure about that one.

PG-  Fish/ Steve Blake  > (say what you want about Fisher but he comes up whenever needed)   PG - Chalmers/Arroyo/ Hasbrouck (hometown guy too
frown.gif
)
SG- Kobe/Shannon Brown >> (depends on what Mike Miller brings but if he plays well it is a push)  SG-Wade/Mike Miller
SF- Artest/Barnes/Ebanks <<<< LeBron/James Jones
PF- Pau/Lamar/Caracter >>> Bosh/Haslem/Juwan Howard
C- Bynum/Theo >>>> Z/Joel/Dexter Pitman

I think they want to get rid of him so signing Brown is easier with the money... And probably to get Luke back
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
.. Also if we keep Sasha and try to resign him next year it will cost us $5.5mil... If we trade him to a non-contender in the off-season we may save $1-2.5 mil on him if he wants to come back chances are he will.. Speculation I know..

Avg age is 30 even right now. With Sasha, Luke & Brown.. Not including Eubanks and Caracter... While we are getting older... We don't have any big free agents next year to sign (Matt Barnes and he is an option).. So if we can trade Sasha and a first rounder for a good bench piece for the year it is a good trade.. 

Picks are definitely important but once Kobe leaves it won't matter our next few years after will be bleak.. So we need to win and win now....

While I love having picks but at this point next year a first rounder doesn't seem too important (also considering it will be a 25th or lower pick).. If we could send Sasha and 2 1st rounders to a borderline playoff team pick.. We better do it. I think the Lakers front office could figure a way to pull that kind of deal off.

Bosh and Gasol are about even as far as production and talent goes. Bosh has scored better and rebounded better when he was THE GUY in Toronto. It'll be interesting to see how his numbers dip or his game changes now that he's the #3 option.

3 outta 5 positions for sure Kobe/Bynum/Fish > Wade/whoever Heat start at C/Mario?

Our bench is definitely better though.

Odom > Miller
Barnes >/= Haslem
Blake > Arroyo
Theo probably = Z at this point in their careers

@PDcavsinsider Sources said Lakers are trying to trade Sasha Vujacic wfirst round pick to get his salary off books.
frown.gif

@PDcavsinsider Brown wants to play for the Lakers and the Lakers want him back. He'll likely eventually sign there, this is all about haggling over $.
eyes.gif

i wonder if shannon brown will wear gloves this year while washing kobe's balls. smh you know this is the only reason why they gonna re sign him
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Bosh and Gasol are about even as far as production and talent goes. Bosh has scored better and rebounded better when he was THE GUY in Toronto. It'll be interesting to see how his numbers dip or his game changes now that he's the #3 option.

im  sorry but Gasol is wayyyyyy better than Bosh..

CP, remember what i said about every team looking to get under the LT, even if they're doing well economically?

Sure hes a bit overpaid, but i'd rather keep him. LA needs to start rebuilding soon, and they're going to need those draft picks.

I just don't see how trading Sasha saves any money since he's an expiring contract.
If the Lakers can dump Sasha to a team (Minnesota, Washington, Sacramento, New Jersey) that has the cap space to absorb his contract then they'll save the $5 million they owe to him and the $5 million to taxes.

If the Lakers can dump Sasha to a team (Minnesota, Washington, Sacramento, New Jersey) that has the cap space to absorb his contract then they'll save the $5 million they owe to him and the $5 million to taxes.
I thought we would have to receive the same amount of salary but I just tried it on trade machine and it worked.

im sorry but Gasol is wayyyyyy better than Bosh..

YIKES....

Easy cowboy.

It's close between Bosh and Gasol, but if Bosh joined the Lakers back before the Gasol trade, we'd probably be talking about a Lakers team who has a three-peat right now.

That is correct. You can dump a salary to a team if they can absorb it, just send cash considerations or a pick, and the deal is done.

And I'd take Haslem over Barnes ten times a week (four times on Sunday). Nothing against Barnes, but I love Haslem's game.

Back
Top Bottom