[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Tonight is the deadline???
eek.gif
pimp.gif
get it done Miller

he's getting overpaid to play for a team going for a 3 peat and to be coached by arguably the best coach in the history of the game. take the offer you idiot.. much rather play for that then wait and play with someone who can't win when it counts.. (cough cough. lebrick .cough cough)

Originally Posted by knightngale

I don't think giving miller the MLE would affect fisher in any way. I think the lakers can give fisher what he wants cause of bird rights? idk how this *%#% works
laugh.gif
tired.gif
A team can re-sign all of its free agents regardless of its salary cap position.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

He also shoot like Sasha Vujacic. Hit about 90% threes easily in practice but would go 50/50 in a real game. 15 Millions is more reasonable
I'm not sure what you're saying but if it's that Miller can't shoot in games, you need to do some research before you post. Miller shot 48% from 3 last year and has shot 40% for his career.
what im trying to say is Mike Miller would brick half of his shots in a real game. I know he's a deadly shooter but shooting 10 for 10 threes in practice does not mean he would shoot like that in a real game. He also play subpar defense and is not athletic at all for his size. 30 millions for him is way too much
What do you mean by a real game? Miller has always been a great 3 point shooter in "real" games

you can't compare miller to vujacic in any way

he's not the same player he was
30 million is a lot to committ to a 30 year old averaging 10 points on a crappy team where he played 33 minutes per game over the past 2 seasons

and doesn't he have constant back injuries

Not a fan of that offer; haven't they learned from Radmanovic and Vujacic?

Why not just offer Barnes 3/10..... heck, even 3/15 would be better. At least you KNOW you're getting toughness night in, night out.

If Miller accepts Mitch should have a deal to unload Luke for a PG maybe?...
nerd.gif

There has to be....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I can only go online w/ my phone right now, and I can't see vids on my phone, but you can make a highlight mix for damn near anyone in the league. Mike Miller can stroke, no doubt, and he could help us, definitely... but doesn't strengthen any weakness for us. We need PG depth, first and foremost, in my opinion. He's a forward. With Artest, Pau, Bynum, Odom, & Walton, we're good at 3/4. Not logjammed, but not in need.

With Farmar gone, though, and Brown dribbling till kingdom come, let's get a reserve for Fish.

First off, that was an awesome highlight reel.

Second, name me another player who can hit a consistent perimeter shot other than Kobe.

How many times did Kobe drive, get doubled and kick it out only to have the shooter miss.

If we could get a consistent shooter, we give teams fits from the field. You would be reluctant to send that double team.

That's just the way I see it.

Mike Miller would be great on the team... ... no wait... .. I don't think y'all understand, he would do GREAT on the Lakers.

Before we got Gasol, the reason the Lakers were #1 was because Lakers could shoot from outside, we had the Machine who was actually living up to his name and we had Rad (who also can light it up)

Ever since Rad got traded and Sasha stunk it up, we been needing to feed the ball inside, by either letting Bynum or Gasol post up or Kobe driving in.

We used to tire teams out from guarding the post/perimeter AND running to the kickout.

By adding another high percentage shooter, and having Sasha playing his 'contract year'... Lakers would once again be deadly on offense (not that they weren't but y'all know what I mean)

Do it Mitch!

Originally Posted by America Bambaataa

Not a fan of that offer; haven't they learned from Radmanovic and Vujacic?

Why not just offer Barnes 3/10..... heck, even 3/15 would be better. At least you KNOW you're getting toughness night in, night out.

barnes is overrated garbage. just because you yell at kobe during a game does not make you tough.

guy been on 500 teams already. if he was really tough a team would stick with him.

If Mike Miller gets signed, Sasha could be the backup PG.

Spoiler [+]
Sasha Vujacic excited about possible increased duties at point guard

Sasha Vujacic's eyes lit up. His smile widened. And his enthusiasm bubbled.

A reporter had asked him about the possibility he'd play more at point guard next season, what with the uncertainty regarding the future of Derek Fisher, Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar, as well as Mitch Kupchak's contention that the team's back court is the biggest area of concern during the off-season. Though the Lakers' roster for 2010-2011 is far from complete, the mere chance that Vujacic would assume a greater role at point guard left him giddy and excited.

"I love it; I'm not going to lie to you," said Vujacic, who had also assumed more point guard duties with the Slovenian national team. "It's a big responsibility.... I'm up for the challenge."

Barring the Lakers not making any trade proposals involving Vujacic as they unsuccessfully tried last season, Vujacic doesn't have to worry much these days about free agency. He's taken time to relax, follow the World Cup and travel to Wimbledon to watch girlfriend Maria Sharapova, who was recently eliminated by top-seed Serena Williams. But with one year remaining on his contract worth $5.5 million, Vujacic clearly knows how important it is to ride the late-season success, including the two clutch free throws he made in Game 7 of the NBA Finals with 11.7 seconds remaining to secure the win and the title.

"It's no secret," Vujacic said of his contract status. "Not only for myself but I really want to do good for the team. The team wants it."

A reporter had asked him about the possibility he'd play more at point guard next season, what with the uncertainty regarding the future of Derek Fisher, Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar, as well as Mitch Kupchak's contention that the team's back court is the biggest area of concern during the off-season. Though the Lakers' roster for 2010-2011 is far from complete, the mere chance that Vujacic would assume a greater role at point guard left him giddy and excited.

"I love it; I'm not going to lie to you," said Vujacic, who had also assumed more point guard duties with the Slovenian national team. "It's a big responsibility.... I'm up for the challenge."

Barring the Lakers not making any trade proposals involving Vujacic as they unsuccessfully tried last season, Vujacic doesn't have to worry much these days about free agency. He's taken time to relax, follow the World Cup and travel to Wimbledon to watch girlfriend Maria Sharapova, who was recently eliminated by top-seed Serena Williams. But with one year remaining on his contract worth $5.5 million, Vujacic clearly knows how important it is to ride the late-season success, including the two clutch free throws he made in Game 7 of the NBA Finals with 11.7 seconds remaining to secure the win and the title.
"It's no secret," Vujacic said of his contract status. "Not only for myself but I really want to do good for the team. The team wants it."

That includes the possibility that Vujacic assumes more duties at point guard, something that appeared unthinkable last season after his minutes (8.6) and points (2.
glasses.gif
were nearly cut in half from a season ago. Each time his minutes and production picked up, he suffered an injury, including a right shoulder sprain on Feb. 19 against Boston and a left ankle sprain in the Lakers' season finale against the Clippers.

Each injury halted Vujacic's surge in production. Before his injury against Boston, Vujacic's minutes had picked up during Kobe Bryant's five-game absence because of a sprained left ankle. There was a clear increase in production in those games compared to his season average, including points (2.5 to 4.4), rebounds (1.1 to 2.0) and assists (0.6 to 1.
glasses.gif
. Before his injury against the Clippers, Vujacic scored a season-high 13 points against Sacramento the previous night, prompting Lakers Coach Phil Jackson to suggest Vujacic would receive heavy minutes in the postseason. It provided a remarkable possibility, considering Vujacic essentially played himself out of the rotation two weeks earlier after arguing with assistant coaches during the Lakers' 91-75 loss to Oklahoma City.

Even though Vujacic returned in time for the Western Conference finals, Vujacic only played in three of the six games. He surely didn't help his cause when his scuffle with fellow Slovenian Goran Dragic nearly cost the Lakers' Game 6 in the West Finals matchup against Phoenix, prompting Bryant to suggest he wanted to kill Vujacic. But those ill feelings all went away once Vujacic made two free throws to clinch Game 7 against Boston, a moment that caused Bryant and Vujacic to embrace each other. That moment also validated in Vujacic's mind why Jackson remained tough on him all season, and proof that he can prevail when given an opportunity. That includes assuming more time at point guard, which could spur success given that Vujacic plays more within the offense and is composed when he doesn't feel he has to jam a game's worth of production into limited minutes.

"Coach made me better throughout the year," Vujacic said. "Sometimes when you don't play, you get pulled out, whatever happens, it's that mental training that PJ does with all the players. I'm glad I kind of passed the test. He gave me that confidence in the most crucial game, not only when the game was on the line but the entire series, the season, he showed me confidence. He puts me in the game like that, that shows a lot."

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/laker...possible-increased-duties-at-point-guard.html

was the deadline really at midnight? if we got him it would've been cool but if we end up not then oh well no biggie.

we need sasha, his defense is vital.

BARNES
sick.gif
how can anybody want that trash
smh.gif

walton, morrison, and maybe powell should be the only ones to leave.

shame if shannon and farmar leave since they were doing good and if they decide to return will have a real shot at being part of a 3-peat
eek.gif
, i don't know about you but i would take a paycut to be part of that. i say that because i believe it will pay off in the long run especially playing in a city like LA.

this part of the season makes me dislike the business side of pro sports since it is all about money
smh.gif

Yea, I'm pretty sure news would've been floating around by now if he had accepted the offer
smh.gif

IMO he would've been a great fit........ohh well who's plan B, morrow?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jordan vs magic

Shaq back in la?

I was just talking to my friend about this yesterday. I would love to see Shaq back in LA for one last run. This would be a good move being that we don't know how Bynum will hold up.

Wow.

I hope the Miller stuff is true, he isnt perfect but he'd be a real god fit.

Any chance Jermaine O'Neal would take the Vet Min? Id like to have him come off the bench for 12mins a night.

at least we offered mike miller but he hasnt accepted yet so hes not going to play for us

hes not ready to play for a championship team yet

LOS ANGELES -- The Lakers have opened discussions with free-agent swingman Mike Miller, a source close to the situation said Thursday.

Milleris a former NBA rookie of the year and sixth man of the year. Heaveraged 10.9 points on 50 percent shooting from the field and 48percent shooting on 3-pointers for Washington last season, his 10th inthe league.

558.jpg

Miller

Miller would provide a sure outside stroke the Lakers have lackedand help shore up a bench unit that could lose up to 22.5 points a gamein scoring if free agent reserves Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar, Josh Powell, .J. Mbenga and Adam Morrison all leave for new horizons.

Miller earned $9.8 million last season and would need to take a significant paycut to join the Lakers.

With seven players under contract for next season and six roster spots to fill, the Lakers have begun to look to new personnel.

Afteraddressing the need for backup big men in the draft should Powell andMbenga not return -- the Lakers selected two 6-foot-9 players, Devin Ebanks with the No. 43 pick and Derrick Caracter with the No. 58 pick -- the team has expressed interest in several free-agent guards.

Earl Watson, Steve Blake and Luke Ridnourare available point guards who earned between $4 million and $6.5million last season. The Lakers have their full mid-level exceptionavailable to sign one of those players, valued at $5.8 million for upto five years, but are reluctant to use it considering they are alreadyabout $13 million over the luxury tax limit of $69.9 million for nextseason.

Watson's agent, Todd Ramasar, said there is mutualinterest between his client and the Lakers but did not expectdiscussions to escalate until the Lakers have a chance to re-sign Derek Fisher.

According to sources close to Fisher and Brown, both players wouldlove to return to L.A. but have been contacted by "a lot" of teams.

The Lakers have some competition for Miller, who met with the Knicks on Thursday night.

Other than Miller, the Lakers have shown some interest in Raja Bell and Anthony Morrow,two Golden State players with the ability to spread the floor withtheir outside shooting. Bell tied for the league lead in 3-pointerswith 205 in 2006-07 and Morrow, a 24-year-old swingman, led the leaguein 3-point percentage as a rookie, connecting at a 46.7 percent clip in2008-09.

Morrow's agent, Wallace Prather, said Thursday he hashad preliminary talks with the Lakers. At 6-foot-5, 210-pounds, Morrowis a restricted free agent, meaning the Warriors can match any Lakers'offer.

As for the impending departures of the other Lakers' freeagents, Indiana was the early front-runner to sign Farmar, but the23-year old told ESPNLosAngeles.com via text message "Portland is rightthere too." Initial talks between Powell's agent and the Lakers haveshown the team has some interest in keeping the fifth-year playerdespite the desire to shed salary next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5347642

7 players under contract and we are over the cap
laugh.gif

After Fisher, we need at least three or four more signings (Miller?/Blake?) ...maybe Ebanks and two Bigs

Back
Top Bottom