[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Damn 5 years 30 mil? That's the whole MLE!!! What about fish? If fish walks we have no PG's!!!

If Miller signs, that means no Ridnour/Blake/Watson. Those guys are going to want more money than the minimum.

I'm confident Fisher will be back regardless of what the Lakers offer him.

What other point guard are we going to sign, though? The only free agents that I see that would take the minimum are Anthony Carter
sick.gif
, Royal Ivey
sick.gif
sick.gif
, Chris Quinn
sick.gif
, Travis Diener, and maybe Carlos Arroyo. It's not looking good in the department.

We don't really NEED a true point guard in the triangle, though. We just need a perimeter guy that can play on the court while Fisher is on the bench.

Fisher/Shannon
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Miller
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Kurt Thomas?

I'm comfortable with that.

i rather have tmac than miller even tho tmac is a crappy shooter he is a playmaker who can get to the rim. our second unit with odom and tmac would be sick

I'm a big Mike Miller fan and think he would help but a five year commitment is an eye sore.

Then again, the Lakers do need to go all in these next two or three years.

As long as critt doesn't do HORRIBLE, I think he'll be on the roster next year..........will he produce for us? who knows, but if we do get MM for that price, then that's really the only way we add a PG for next year

Im down for Mike Miller, if Buss wants to cough up the dough then go for it. Keep Fish and add Critt as backup (with some more tutoring), and we'll be good to go. 
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
@ Phil coming back to try for a fourth... FOURTH... 3-peat

That's just not even fair.
laugh.gif
Got Karl & Sloan all screwfaced out there like 'Can I just get one?' with Popp going 'This dude trying for a 4-pack of 3-peats while I'm just trying to go back-2-back one time.'

roll.gif

Stroke-City
eek.gif

This sold me.�
pimp.gif
Sign the dotted line Mike, do it...now. (Well, you're not technically allowed to sign but just do it 
tongue.gif
)
happy.gif

My boy (who is his trainer this offseason) told me Pat Riley flew out here yesterday to talk to Mike. He was also supposed to fly to Clev on saturday to talk to them. So we will see tonight by 12 i guess

I can only go online w/ my phone right now, and I can't see vids on my phone, but you can make a highlight mix for damn near anyone in the league. Mike Miller can stroke, no doubt, and he could help us, definitely... but doesn't strengthen any weakness for us. We need PG depth, first and foremost, in my opinion. He's a forward. With Artest, Pau, Bynum, Odom, & Walton, we're good at 3/4. Not logjammed, but not in need.

With Farmar gone, though, and Brown dribbling till kingdom come, let's get a reserve for Fish.

since the triangle doesnt need a true point guard imagine mike miller or kobe at the point in stretches of the game

kobe
mike miller
artest/odom
bynum/odom
gasol

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I can only go online w/ my phone right now, and I can't see vids on my phone, but you can make a highlight mix for damn near anyone in the league. Mike Miller can stroke, no doubt, and he could help us, definitely... but doesn't strengthen any weakness for us. We need PG depth, first and foremost, in my opinion. He's a forward. With Artest, Pau, Bynum, Odom, & Walton, we're good at 3/4. Not logjammed, but not in need.

With Farmar gone, though, and Brown dribbling till kingdom come, let's get a reserve for Fish.
doesnt strengthen any weaknesses?? bro, we suck at shooting 3s
ohwell.gif

I mean, in Mitch we trust but you gotta wonder what his gameplan is. MLE would be fully used to sign Miller.

I was waiting for Brad Miller.lol. Mike Miller is a nice addition if he signs, just hope its 3 yrs  $14-18 mil.. imo Shannon will be back and so is D.Fish..  hope Tmac signs with the vet min with Juwan Howard..

I can see BShaw coaching some games on the road to be prepared when Phil retires.

eek.gif
at throwing the entire MLE at miller. didn't think buss would spend. we still have no point guards though. my guess is that we resign fish and let sasha/kobe run some point. if miller signs, all we need is kurt thomas to sign for the vet min and were good money.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He gives us a reason not to play Luke, which is enough to get me on board. When Luke comes into the game, he's afraid to shoot and only looks to pass. Miller is a shooter AND a playmaker.

I agree that priority one is to sign a point guard, though, and I'm nervous about who we're going to get. I was thinking that with this Miller signing, maybe they're looking to give a minimum contract to a PG for maybe a year and then they'll be looking to throw the MLE at another point guard next summer, but next year's free agent PGs are even worse than this year's, if that's even possible.

We need to get a good, young point guard somewhere, somehow, because I could definitely see Fisher retiring with Phil after this season.

Whoa, was not expecting us to offer a deal to Mike Miller so quickly, at 30 mil for 5 years at that.

imINchucks5:
23ska909red02:
Mike Miller can stroke, no doubt, and he could help us, definitely... but doesn't strengthen any weakness for us.
doesnt strengthen any weaknesses?? bro, we suck at shooting 3s
ohwell.gif

Hmm... good point.
LamarOwnsem:
23ska909red02:
With Artest, Pau, Bynum, Odom, & Walton, we're good at 3/4. Not logjammed, but not in need.
He gives us a reason not to play Luke
Ok, you put it that way, and I'm with y'all. A playmaking 3-pt shooting forward that keeps Walton on the bench? Let's bring him in.
laugh.gif

In no way can I co-sign this T-Mac name I'm seeing thrown around, though. Dude is done. Not like Vladimir Guerrero being shown the door in anaheim and now surging in Texas, but done like... well, done like being shown the door in Houston and then signed by the Knicks only to remind everyone why Houston let him go.

Mike Miller for 30 mil ? Pass. This guy can't play defense, has a bad history with Kobe and isn't athletic enough to guard other 3s in open court. He also shoot like Sasha Vujacic. Hit about 90% threes easily in practice but would go 50/50 in a real game. 15 Millions is more reasonable

Back
Top Bottom