With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by stackz

17 MPG on the Prius? Really? I thought them joints do 50 MPG.

He was gunnin it the whole time though. They should average atleast 30+ when driving "normally".

I used to drive a Camry Hybrid a lot and on average I always got about 37 MPG. Prius is supposed to be closer to mid forties I think.

I assume the Prius has a similar dash interface to the Camry Hybrid but there's a digital display that tells you how many miles you're getting to the gallon. When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.

The demonstration in that video is pointless unless you're trying to show that cars use up gas when they go fast.
482.jpg

Dude mentioned giving up his car to get a Prius.  Did you not watch the entire thing? It's not always what you drive, its how you drive it.  I think you agreed with me...
When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.
Done.

Originally Posted by stackz

17 MPG on the Prius? Really? I thought them joints do 50 MPG.

He was gunnin it the whole time though. They should average atleast 30+ when driving "normally".

I used to drive a Camry Hybrid a lot and on average I always got about 37 MPG. Prius is supposed to be closer to mid forties I think.

I assume the Prius has a similar dash interface to the Camry Hybrid but there's a digital display that tells you how many miles you're getting to the gallon. When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.

The demonstration in that video is pointless unless you're trying to show that cars use up gas when they go fast.
482.jpg

Dude mentioned giving up his car to get a Prius.  Did you not watch the entire thing? It's not always what you drive, its how you drive it.  I think you agreed with me...
Done.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i have a range rover

i floor it when i drive, i probably get under 10 mpg

long hair dont care

Lol but joe you're rich.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i have a range rover

i floor it when i drive, i probably get under 10 mpg

long hair dont care

Lol but joe you're rich.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee with all time 4x4 wheel drive. I get 8 miles to the gallon looking for a motorcycle as we speak. Ain't no way I can fill up $100+ a week on gas anymore

sick.gif
bruh your pockets are bleeding

You're telling me. I can't even put in $40 and get a solid half a tank of gas. I work 18 mins from work. All highway too. Hints why I need a bike for now. Then I'll look into scoring an amazing sports car.

I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee with all time 4x4 wheel drive. I get 8 miles to the gallon looking for a motorcycle as we speak. Ain't no way I can fill up $100+ a week on gas anymore

sick.gif

You're telling me. I can't even put in $40 and get a solid half a tank of gas. I work 18 mins from work. All highway too. Hints why I need a bike for now. Then I'll look into scoring an amazing sports car.

My mom has a Hybrid Lexus and she is averaging 78 miles to the gallon. Worth the price of the car since she only fills up once a month. I fill up once a week.

My mom has a Hybrid Lexus and she is averaging 78 miles to the gallon. Worth the price of the car since she only fills up once a month. I fill up once a week.

$40 fills up my 07 civic... When I first got it, it only cost $25 then to fill up...

I drive about 100-120 miles a day to and from work and school... So my budget of $50 a week ain't cutting it no more

$40 fills up my 07 civic... When I first got it, it only cost $25 then to fill up...

I drive about 100-120 miles a day to and from work and school... So my budget of $50 a week ain't cutting it no more

Spent $110 today to fill my truck. V8 baby!

Meh, I probably need to pull the bike out to help the commute.

Spent $110 today to fill my truck. V8 baby!

Meh, I probably need to pull the bike out to help the commute.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Crumbs

my g37 giving me about 15-16mpg ...i usually dont let it go past half a tank so about every 3 days $35 for half....tough.

those things are that bad on gas?
i dont keep up with infiniti are those things that fast or something? wth does a gtr get from the nissan fam then?

Yea i mean my city mpg is about 15 and highway around 18..most of my driving is city though so yea..def not to pretty with the gas...
i know a dude with a gtr he gets about 11/12 mpg

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Crumbs

my g37 giving me about 15-16mpg ...i usually dont let it go past half a tank so about every 3 days $35 for half....tough.

those things are that bad on gas?
i dont keep up with infiniti are those things that fast or something? wth does a gtr get from the nissan fam then?

Yea i mean my city mpg is about 15 and highway around 18..most of my driving is city though so yea..def not to pretty with the gas...
i know a dude with a gtr he gets about 11/12 mpg

sick.gif

Im in the same boat i am looking into buying a bike myself.

sick.gif

Im in the same boat i am looking into buying a bike myself.

Infiniti M45 cost me 72 dollars to fill up Sunday night. that will only get me to Friday.
30t6p3b.gif

Infiniti M45 cost me 72 dollars to fill up Sunday night. that will only get me to Friday.
30t6p3b.gif

Im doing OK. Takes about about $50 to fill up my car. I go to UMD/gym which is 3 miles from my house.
laugh.gif
and I also have a 150cc scooter that costs $3 to fill up and lasts almost a week.

My parents on the other hand are getting punished.. Denali and Jeep Sahara..
30t6p3b.gif

Im doing OK. Takes about about $50 to fill up my car. I go to UMD/gym which is 3 miles from my house.
laugh.gif
and I also have a 150cc scooter that costs $3 to fill up and lasts almost a week.

My parents on the other hand are getting punished.. Denali and Jeep Sahara..
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

482.jpg

Done.

Drive slow little homie.
It's not always what you drive, its how you drive it.  I think you agreed with me...

That's exactly my point and that's why the test is pointless. Nobody drives Hybrids like that. If you've ever tried to drive a Toyota hybrid as "fast as possible" it's low key frustrating as $%$@. It's not how they're made to be driven and it's not the way they're made to conserve fuel which is why testing a Prius under those conditions is futile. I'm sure Richard Hammond understands that.

Back
Top Bottom