With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

He was gunnin it the whole time though. They should average atleast 30+ when driving "normally".

I used to drive a Camry Hybrid a lot and on average I always got about 37 MPG. Prius is supposed to be closer to mid forties I think.

I assume the Prius has a similar dash interface to the Camry Hybrid but there's a digital display that tells you how many miles you're getting to the gallon. When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.

The demonstration in that video is pointless unless you're trying to show that cars use up gas when they go fast.
482.jpg

Dude mentioned giving up his car to get a Prius.  Did you not watch the entire thing? It's not always what you drive, its how you drive it.  I think you agreed with me...
When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.
Done.

Drive slow little homie.
It's not always what you drive, its how you drive it.  I think you agreed with me...

That's exactly my point and that's why the test is pointless. Nobody drives Hybrids like that. If you've ever tried to drive a Toyota hybrid as "fast as possible" it's low key frustrating as $%$@. It's not how they're made to be driven and it's not the way they're made to conserve fuel which is why testing a Prius under those conditions is futile. I'm sure Richard Hammond understands that.

i had to stop at a gas station in burbank.. was out of gas, 4.67 a gal for my x5. Bought it in november when gas was like 3.45.. i was ok paying that as i dont drive much.. but damn a 1.20 jump is making me think to take the loss and go ford escape hybrid 4x4.  i just want to avg 20mpg and im happy.. right now the v8 is getting about 14.5mpg

gonna be bummed to give up the bmw and the v8.. its too nice for mammoth trips.. so comfy.

i had to stop at a gas station in burbank.. was out of gas, 4.67 a gal for my x5. Bought it in november when gas was like 3.45.. i was ok paying that as i dont drive much.. but damn a 1.20 jump is making me think to take the loss and go ford escape hybrid 4x4.  i just want to avg 20mpg and im happy.. right now the v8 is getting about 14.5mpg

gonna be bummed to give up the bmw and the v8.. its too nice for mammoth trips.. so comfy.

Had a crew with me today and I had no choice but to use our Kia minivan.  Got $20 of gas, which translated to a whole 1/4 tank. 
30t6p3b.gif

Had a crew with me today and I had no choice but to use our Kia minivan.  Got $20 of gas, which translated to a whole 1/4 tank. 
30t6p3b.gif

$85 to fill up my 97 Deville. She averages 13 mpg.

I don't care what gas goes up to, I will keep driving her.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Man I totaled my 97 Seville in the fall.
tired.gif

I tried to reason with myself by saying 'look at the $ you'll save on gas' to ease the pain. It didn't work.
tired.gif

I miss my baby.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Man I totaled my 97 Seville in the fall.
tired.gif

I tried to reason with myself by saying 'look at the $ you'll save on gas' to ease the pain. It didn't work.
tired.gif

I miss my baby.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

sick.gif
bruh your pockets are bleeding

You're telling me. I can't even put in $40 and get a solid half a tank of gas. I work 18 mins from work. All highway too. Hints why I need a bike for now. Then I'll look into scoring an amazing sports car.

Im in the same boat i am looking into buying a bike myself.

What are you looking at?

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

sick.gif
bruh your pockets are bleeding

You're telling me. I can't even put in $40 and get a solid half a tank of gas. I work 18 mins from work. All highway too. Hints why I need a bike for now. Then I'll look into scoring an amazing sports car.

Im in the same boat i am looking into buying a bike myself.

What are you looking at?

Back
Top Bottom