With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

My SS Impala got an average of 12.3 MPG over the last 1500 miles so if anybody got a low mileage, its prob ME
30t6p3b.gif

I love it though and Ima keep ridin it
pimp.gif

EDIT: my @@*% a b-body though, gotta be something wrong with that 07

drive a jeep cherokee...20 mpg...not too bad. my commute is far tho, so im filling up twice a week. 21 gallon tank...

drive a jeep cherokee...20 mpg...not too bad. my commute is far tho, so im filling up twice a week. 21 gallon tank...

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Um, just be rich.

Problem solved.
laugh.gif

knew a guy, kept talking and talking about buying a $65k-$75k car, but he kept whining about the 'likely higher cost of maintenance because its an expensive car'... or 'the gas mileage isn't very good'
I told him, if he's going to be penny-pinching when it comes to stuff like car maintenance or MPG, then he's better off buying some inexpensive Corolla or something.

same goes with the V8s and SUVs....  if you're gonna worry about the price of gas or if higher gas prices are going to drain your wallet, then don't buy a gas-guzzler.  Gas prices will always fluctuate up and down.  Unfortunately the upward fluctuation is always larger than the downward.  Gas will never be $1.00 a gallon or $2.00 a gallon.  If you're in the market to buy a new car, always keep that minor detail in mind.

If you currently own a V8 ~ SUV and the higher prices are killing your wallet, I say try carpooling.  Driving slower might work
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Um, just be rich.

Problem solved.
laugh.gif

knew a guy, kept talking and talking about buying a $65k-$75k car, but he kept whining about the 'likely higher cost of maintenance because its an expensive car'... or 'the gas mileage isn't very good'
I told him, if he's going to be penny-pinching when it comes to stuff like car maintenance or MPG, then he's better off buying some inexpensive Corolla or something.

same goes with the V8s and SUVs....  if you're gonna worry about the price of gas or if higher gas prices are going to drain your wallet, then don't buy a gas-guzzler.  Gas prices will always fluctuate up and down.  Unfortunately the upward fluctuation is always larger than the downward.  Gas will never be $1.00 a gallon or $2.00 a gallon.  If you're in the market to buy a new car, always keep that minor detail in mind.

If you currently own a V8 ~ SUV and the higher prices are killing your wallet, I say try carpooling.  Driving slower might work
laugh.gif

I own an  04 Armada.  Gas is at $4.08 in the DMV.  I average around $120/week in gas.   Yes a week...Im looking to get rid of my truck soon, but the way it is looking it may be around the fall if gas prices decline.  If I was to trade it in now, I wouldnt get the best deal on it with gas prices soaring. 

Im at the gas station like
ohwell.gif
look at the price after i fill up like
mad.gif
then get back in my truck like
30t6p3b.gif
at OPEC and the Libyan unrest and what its doing to the global scale.

I own an  04 Armada.  Gas is at $4.08 in the DMV.  I average around $120/week in gas.   Yes a week...Im looking to get rid of my truck soon, but the way it is looking it may be around the fall if gas prices decline.  If I was to trade it in now, I wouldnt get the best deal on it with gas prices soaring. 

Im at the gas station like
ohwell.gif
look at the price after i fill up like
mad.gif
then get back in my truck like
30t6p3b.gif
at OPEC and the Libyan unrest and what its doing to the global scale.

Originally Posted by dro 44

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

f59252feae6e3d484aa62c2383eadd9a1ce0024.pjpg

c2e15de164d04163e2a778079956c1867534515.pjpg

pimp.gif
where do you live dude?
pimp.gif

That picture screams "across the pond"....Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar...Am I right?

Nah im pretty sure someone screwed up putting the price into the pump. See it on the news all the time.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

f59252feae6e3d484aa62c2383eadd9a1ce0024.pjpg

c2e15de164d04163e2a778079956c1867534515.pjpg

pimp.gif
where do you live dude?
pimp.gif

That picture screams "across the pond"....Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar...Am I right?

Nah im pretty sure someone screwed up putting the price into the pump. See it on the news all the time.

Driving a toyota truck from 99 4 cylinder had to stop driving my v6 stang not good as a daily driver when gas in cali is at 4.30-4.50 for regular

Driving a toyota truck from 99 4 cylinder had to stop driving my v6 stang not good as a daily driver when gas in cali is at 4.30-4.50 for regular

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

$30 got me 1/2 tank today 
mad.gif
I'm about to trade in my Mercury Sable and cop a Toyota Prius since I'm moving somewhere it doesn't snow

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

$30 got me 1/2 tank today 
mad.gif
I'm about to trade in my Mercury Sable and cop a Toyota Prius since I'm moving somewhere it doesn't snow

4 banger for the win... highway miles to work for me so im seeing 350 miles per tank or more n only 13 gallons so never more than 50 summin
pimp.gif

My parents cars are all v8s tho sickens me when im with them fillin up... moms gota new buick enclave, things a tank 80s easyyy, lexus ls 400, cadillac sts, and audi s4 all about the same cept the audi will only drink the good stuff
sick.gif

4 banger for the win... highway miles to work for me so im seeing 350 miles per tank or more n only 13 gallons so never more than 50 summin
pimp.gif

My parents cars are all v8s tho sickens me when im with them fillin up... moms gota new buick enclave, things a tank 80s easyyy, lexus ls 400, cadillac sts, and audi s4 all about the same cept the audi will only drink the good stuff
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

where do you live dude?
pimp.gif

I'm thinking this is the result of one of those supermarket gas savings cards.  Some of them come with crazy deals if you spend tons of money at the grocery store.  My friend let me use hers last weekend and it got me 20 cents off per gallon.
pimp.gif
  And she's only in the supermarket once in awhile.  I'm going this week to get a card for myself!

Originally Posted by Mr718

where do you live dude?
pimp.gif

I'm thinking this is the result of one of those supermarket gas savings cards.  Some of them come with crazy deals if you spend tons of money at the grocery store.  My friend let me use hers last weekend and it got me 20 cents off per gallon.
pimp.gif
  And she's only in the supermarket once in awhile.  I'm going this week to get a card for myself!

Back
Top Bottom