Will the Foam Madness continue?

Instead of putting out a whole lot of one color, they are releasing a limited amount of a different color every 2 months. If Royals are selling out in 2 days, obviously Nike would be leaving a lot of profits on the table. Having a new release 2 months later allows them to make the sales to people that couldn't buy the last release.

Instead of putting out a whole lot of one color, they are releasing a limited amount of a different color every 2 months. If Royals are selling out in 2 days, obviously Nike would be leaving a lot of profits on the table. Having a new release 2 months later allows them to make the sales to people that couldn't buy the last release.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

With all the crap quality retros and jordans, foams are the only sneaker as of late that actually makes me say ''WOW'' anymore

[Nate Dogg] "HOLD UP!"

Slim, back in 1996 - 00.  You bought ONE pair of foams, you were damn near set for life.

These days, you really kinda have to double up on FOAMS now.  So quality of these joints now (in comparison to the past) is about same par as JB for real in comparison.

Forced to accept the "cratters" and "bullet wounds" on foams. 
grin.gif

Foams were one smooth piece that molded on your foot after while.  Go to a club, change a tire, caught in the snow... Aint matter. Wipe and go.

Now, you can't even have the edge of your front door hit them without them splitting (referring to pic posted here recently).  
grin.gif

Old pair of foams would have had a small scratch, and kept it pushing...

Expect the rainbow bright colors to continue next 8 quarters...

This man speaks the truth 
pimp.gif

With all the crap quality retros and jordans, foams are the only sneaker as of late that actually makes me say ''WOW'' anymore

[Nate Dogg] "HOLD UP!"

Slim, back in 1996 - 00.  You bought ONE pair of foams, you were damn near set for life.

These days, you really kinda have to double up on FOAMS now.  So quality of these joints now (in comparison to the past) is about same par as JB for real in comparison.

grin.gif

Foams were one smooth piece that molded on your foot after while.  Go to a club, change a tire, caught in the snow... Aint matter. Wipe and go.

Now, you can't even have the edge of your front door hit them without them splitting (referring to pic posted here recently).  
grin.gif

pimp.gif

Honestly, if it was heat every single release it'd be all good.  Imagine if this were the Jordan '11 lineup minus Orions, XI IE,  Patent 5s and all other wastes of materials.

Jan - Cements

Feb - Playoffs

March - Bourdeauxs

April - True Blues

May - Cardinals

June - Grape/Laney

July - Metallic 5

August - Blk Cement

Sept - Wh/Red and Indiglo

Oct - Last Shots

Nov - Obsidians

Dec - Concords

That's a VERY solid list to me.  Heat for every single month, maybe 11 or 10 depending on personal preference.  If they did the same thing with Foams it wouldn't be a big deal.  Just release em about every 6 weeks.

Jan - Royals

Feb - BHM Pro

March - Pewters

May - Electric Pro

June - White Penny PE

August - "Mets" One

Oct - "Yankee" Pro

Nov - Space Jam Pro

Dec - Metallic Red One

As long as you don't have filler, I don't see an issue, but that's just me...

Honestly, if it was heat every single release it'd be all good.  Imagine if this were the Jordan '11 lineup minus Orions, XI IE,  Patent 5s and all other wastes of materials.

Jan - Cements

Feb - Playoffs

March - Bourdeauxs

April - True Blues

May - Cardinals

June - Grape/Laney

July - Metallic 5

August - Blk Cement

Oct - Last Shots

Nov - Obsidians

Dec - Concords

That's a VERY solid list to me.  Heat for every single month, maybe 11 or 10 depending on personal preference.  If they did the same thing with Foams it wouldn't be a big deal.  Just release em about every 6 weeks.

Jan - Royals

Feb - BHM Pro

March - Pewters

May - Electric Pro

June - White Penny PE

August - "Mets" One

Oct - "Yankee" Pro

Nov - Space Jam Pro

Dec - Metallic Red One

It's nothing but a "wave"... And Nike wouldn't be the business it is if they didn't milk it.

Look at the last decade...

It has gone to Jordans, to Nike runners... to SBs and patent forces... to foams. Jordans being the most consistent, of course, as expected.

And the wave never lasts too long.
pretty much still a few more releases but theyre going to exhaust all colors soon escept metallic reds, white p.e.'s and some other surprise cw

It's nothing but a "wave"... And Nike wouldn't be the business it is if they didn't milk it.

Look at the last decade...

It has gone to Jordans, to Nike runners... to SBs and patent forces... to foams. Jordans being the most consistent, of course, as expected.

And the wave never lasts too long.
pretty much still a few more releases but theyre going to exhaust all colors soon escept metallic reds, white p.e.'s and some other surprise cw

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

[Nate Dogg] "HOLD UP!"

grin.gif

grin.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

[Nate Dogg] "HOLD UP!"

grin.gif

grin.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Jan - Cements

Feb - Playoffs

March - Bourdeauxs

April - True Blues

May - Cardinals

June - Grape/Laney

July - Metallic 5

August - Blk Cement

Oct - Last Shots

Nov - Obsidians

Dec - Concords

Jan - Royals

Feb - BHM Pro

March - Pewters

May - Electric Pro

June - White Penny PE

August - "Mets" One

Oct - "Yankee" Pro

Nov - Space Jam Pro

Dec - Metallic Red One

Are you making up some of these foams listed above? Because I've never read or heard of half of them.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Jan - Cements

Feb - Playoffs

March - Bourdeauxs

April - True Blues

May - Cardinals

June - Grape/Laney

July - Metallic 5

August - Blk Cement

Oct - Last Shots

Nov - Obsidians

Dec - Concords

Jan - Royals

Feb - BHM Pro

March - Pewters

May - Electric Pro

June - White Penny PE

August - "Mets" One

Oct - "Yankee" Pro

Nov - Space Jam Pro

Dec - Metallic Red One

Are you making up some of these foams listed above? Because I've never read or heard of half of them.

I think it will slow down. You think Nike cares about the "wow", "exclusive" and "special" status? $!$+ No. They are a cash cow and nothing more.

I think it will slow down. You think Nike cares about the "wow", "exclusive" and "special" status? $!$+ No. They are a cash cow and nothing more.

I think the hype will die down, where I stay you still don't see people in Foams like that and all my boys REFUSE to drop $200 on a sneaker, Nike is mos def milking the Foam cash cow for all its worth though.
My thing is Foams will NEVER lose that "wow" factor for me because I LOVE FOAMS, I have since I first asked my mom for a pair when I could finally wear men's sz. shoes and she looked at me like "IS YOU CRAZY?" Its the memories that makes the Foams "WOW" and the same goes with other kicks I buy. If they come out with a color I'm not feelin ( i. e. Electric Green Pro's) I just don't cop simple as that. I never bought kicks to try to impress others because the Average person wouldn't care if I was rockin nikes or skechers the only people who care are the Sneaker Heads and you guys will respect HEAT or a clean shoe regardless of its rarity! Most importantly I cop and rock sneakers that make me want to look down at my feet as I walk not worried about what's in front of me and that bring back memories of my childhood or of a favorite moment in sports history or certain players. So will the madness continue of course it will but just like pokemon cards and yo-yo's it will die down. And it will be that point where we beg for more Foams so lets not forget what made us fall in love with sneakers in the first place. If you cats are really spending as much money as you do to impress people that don't care then I feel sorry for you! END RANT
happy.gif

I think the hype will die down, where I stay you still don't see people in Foams like that and all my boys REFUSE to drop $200 on a sneaker, Nike is mos def milking the Foam cash cow for all its worth though.
My thing is Foams will NEVER lose that "wow" factor for me because I LOVE FOAMS, I have since I first asked my mom for a pair when I could finally wear men's sz. shoes and she looked at me like "IS YOU CRAZY?" Its the memories that makes the Foams "WOW" and the same goes with other kicks I buy. If they come out with a color I'm not feelin ( i. e. Electric Green Pro's) I just don't cop simple as that. I never bought kicks to try to impress others because the Average person wouldn't care if I was rockin nikes or skechers the only people who care are the Sneaker Heads and you guys will respect HEAT or a clean shoe regardless of its rarity! Most importantly I cop and rock sneakers that make me want to look down at my feet as I walk not worried about what's in front of me and that bring back memories of my childhood or of a favorite moment in sports history or certain players. So will the madness continue of course it will but just like pokemon cards and yo-yo's it will die down. And it will be that point where we beg for more Foams so lets not forget what made us fall in love with sneakers in the first place. If you cats are really spending as much money as you do to impress people that don't care then I feel sorry for you! END RANT
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom