Will Facebook ever fall off? Serious question

napoleon

Banned
For some reason I'm getting a vibe that although people want to remain connected and share their lives... that facebook can go just as easily as it came. I don't see ANY reason for them to have rooted themselves firmly into anything for a very long time. When it comes to social media, people can be extremely fickle.

Yeah they're worth a lot but something about them just screams "bubble"

In the grand scheme of things they produce NOTHING. They are just as important as a fleeting idea. They physically represent NOTHING. I feel that the economy is rooted in things that produce tangible outcomes inevitably.

Its kinda why I respect engineers over designers to some degree.

For some reason I'm getting a vibe that although people want to remain connected and share their lives... that facebook can go just as easily as it came. I don't see ANY reason for them to have rooted themselves firmly into anything for a very long time. When it comes to social media, people can be extremely fickle.

Yeah they're worth a lot but something about them just screams "bubble"

In the grand scheme of things they produce NOTHING. They are just as important as a fleeting idea. They physically represent NOTHING. I feel that the economy is rooted in things that produce tangible outcomes inevitably.

Its kinda why I respect engineers over designers to some degree.

Doubt it.

I'm sure everyone will reference MySpace as an example but Zuckerburg has turned Facebook into much more than a social networking site. He's globalizing it into a brand. They're even dipping their hands into the mobile phone business

Doubt it.

I'm sure everyone will reference MySpace as an example but Zuckerburg has turned Facebook into much more than a social networking site. He's globalizing it into a brand. They're even dipping their hands into the mobile phone business

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Doubt it.

this.. FB is everywhere.. almost every website i go to has FB integrated in it. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Doubt it.

this.. FB is everywhere.. almost every website i go to has FB integrated in it. 

Originally Posted by kidUFC

no.

unless something "new" comes around

This

The american market is very fickle.  I don't have a facebook (deleted mine) but does anyone feel loyal to facebook?  All it takes is another site that does almost the same thing and some sort of endorsement. 

What if Apple launched a social media site?  People are loyal to apple products it may take 3 years but it could replace facebook with apple's strong marketing team and such. 

I feel like facebook is losing steam now anyway.  Twitter, Tumblr Foursquare (not so much) are starting to take some users.

Spoiler [+]
anyone know what happened to diaspora...is it functional yet

Originally Posted by kidUFC

no.

unless something "new" comes around

This

The american market is very fickle.  I don't have a facebook (deleted mine) but does anyone feel loyal to facebook?  All it takes is another site that does almost the same thing and some sort of endorsement. 

What if Apple launched a social media site?  People are loyal to apple products it may take 3 years but it could replace facebook with apple's strong marketing team and such. 

I feel like facebook is losing steam now anyway.  Twitter, Tumblr Foursquare (not so much) are starting to take some users.

Spoiler [+]
anyone know what happened to diaspora...is it functional yet

Fall off? cant say ...but it's not like Myspace or Twitter, it serves a purpose.
Myspace neve made it as far as Facebook ...neither has Twitter.

Government, Employers and Companies rely on Facebook.

Fall off? cant say ...but it's not like Myspace or Twitter, it serves a purpose.
Myspace neve made it as far as Facebook ...neither has Twitter.

Government, Employers and Companies rely on Facebook.

I don't feel loyal

I'm actually probably gonna delete mine, it's becoming too open for me

I joined when I was in college and it was just for the school you were attending

I don't feel loyal

I'm actually probably gonna delete mine, it's becoming too open for me

I joined when I was in college and it was just for the school you were attending

Back
Top Bottom