Will Eric Gordon be better or worse than Ben Gordon?

Wade plays a lot more PG period. Assists arent as big in college as the NBA.

Gordon would be able to slash in the NBA trust. His weight is def an issue though. Hes gong to be 225 at the draft measurements
at 215 he would be more explosive .

and since we're talking about Eric Gordon... someone was saying he's a top 5 pick if he comes out this year. lol, thats laughable. how many tweener guards are worth a top 5 pick? especially with all the other great players this year who actually have a legit position and have superstar potential
Who are all these other legit position players with "superstar potential"?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Beasley is obvious, but if you can name me 4 other players you would take before EG then you my friend are drinking that Kool-aid

He will be better than Ben.. Ben's shooting is nothing compared to Eric's and Eric can explode to the rim like no other. Eric is faster too than Ben.

Ben is 1st all time at Uconn in 3-pointers made, and 2nd in 3pt%, and UConn's pedigree of shooters isnt too bad if you know what i mean. and he's shotabout 43% from the field for his career since college till now. so if you really think Ben's shooting is "nothing" compared to EG, you'rejust an IU homer.

and smh at "he can explode to the rim like no other." no, thats Tywon Lawson, Darren Collison, Mike Conley, etc... Gordon is not even on that level.in the NBA he would honestly just have average speed for a guard. i don't know why people hype up his speed/quickness

I know why I do its cause hes 15lbs overweight.

OJ dont have a legit position either.

Beasley is "only" 6"9

Rose dont have a jumper

All these players have flaws

Originally Posted by grittyman20

and since we're talking about Eric Gordon... someone was saying he's a top 5 pick if he comes out this year. lol, thats laughable. how many tweener guards are worth a top 5 pick? especially with all the other great players this year who actually have a legit position and have superstar potential
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Beasley is obvious, but if you can name me 4 other players you would take before EG then you my friend are drinking that Kool-aid

Rose, Bayless, Mayo, Brook Lopez.

Rose and Bayless are legit PGs who i can easily see being stars within 3 years, ala Deron Williams. Bayless also has Arenas-like scoring potential.

OJ Mayo is a great scorer, great finisher around the basket, and he's also a shutdown defender (see the Memphis game when he shutdown Derrick Rose. Rosewould have gone off for 20+ if Gordon tried to guard him.). out of this group OJ is the biggest liability as far as a legit position, but if people say OJdoesn't have a legit position, then what does that say about Gordon? because Gordon's PG skills are pretty much non-existent. OJ actually has PG skillsand could see some time there in the league, something Gordon will probably never do.
Lopez is your classic fundamental 7-footer. great skill set overall,and a strong defender. he's done work against guys like Spencer Hawes last year and Kevin Love this year, so there's no doubts about him being the realdeal.

i would take any of those guys over Eric Gordon. like i said, his ceiling is Ben Gordon at best. no thank you.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by grittyman20

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Rose, Bayless, Mayo, Brook Lopez.

Rose and Bayless are legit PGs who i can easily see being stars within 3 years, ala Deron Williams. Bayless also has Arenas-like scoring potential.

OJ Mayo is a great scorer, great finisher around the basket, and he's also a shutdown defender (see the Memphis game when he shutdown Derrick Rose. Rose would have gone off for 20+ if Gordon tried to guard him.). out of this group OJ is the biggest liability as far as a legit position, but if people say OJ doesn't have a legit position, then what does that say about Gordon? because Gordon's PG skills are pretty much non-existent. OJ actually has PG skills and could see some time there in the league, something Gordon will probably never do.
Lopez is your classic fundamental 7-footer. great skill set overall, and a strong defender. he's done work against guys like Spencer Hawes last year and Kevin Love this year, so there's no doubts about him being the real deal.

i would take any of those guys over Eric Gordon. like i said, his ceiling is Ben Gordon at best. no thank you.

grin.gif
Do you really think dude is going to be that good?? good collegeplayer.but seems rather soft for NBA standards...

I think his game is more fit for the NBA

Lock for the Top 5.

Skilled 7 footers are few and far between

laugh.gif
at this homer.

i just noticed your SN too, dude is a shameless homer
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i'm not even gonna bother arguing it with you, but just know that there are tons of people who would take Lopez over Eric Gordon. its not just the few ofus in this thread.

your boy is not MJ, just face it.

eric gordon is one of the strongest guard in the game. also he is more of a consistent shooter while ben gordon is streaky as hell. yes eric gordon will have abetter career

I just saw eric gordon play today aginst penn state and he really has a good complete game. He could shoot from the outside and drive when he needed. I thinkhe will be better than ben gordon but he needs to stay another year in Indiana and become a more mature player.

Bayless aint a true point but I would take him ahead of EG.
I would also take Bill Walker over Gordon long term.
But Eric has All Star potiental. He wont be the liability at 6"4 that Ben Gordon is at 6'1 1/2

Originally Posted by notes32

I just saw eric gordon play today aginst penn state and he really has a good complete game. He could shoot from the outside and drive when he needed. I think he will be better than ben gordon but he needs to stay another year in Indiana and become a more mature player.

He turns the ball over a lot and needs to learn to be a bit more team-oriented. Improve other aspects of his game before going pro.

Wow EG has gone from overated to completely underated

dude i think will be an all-star, he is strong, explosive, and can shoot lights out, he is a great offensive guard and isnt a bad defender either. I can seehim droping 20 a night in the NBA

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Hopefully he can get out of that Bulls uni cuz they r stacked with solid guard play

you haven't been watching the bulls much my man
laugh.gif

Duhon, Hinrich, gordon, and hughes all solid gaurds at the same spot wont work and at least two of these dudes will have 2 bounce dis this off season....

EG is good but needs at least 1 more yr cuz as of now he's a pure scorer... OJ's game is NBA ready and not jus cuz he's gifted offensively cuz hebeen that since HS but the boy can flat out play some defense as referred in the memphis game

EG will onli continue 2 get better if plays more and learn more at the college level

Wow EG has gone from overated to completely underated
Nah, maybe some just forget how nice Ben was...

he was killing at Uconn, and went #3 in the draft. His game just isn't suited to be a great player at his size.

Eric being compared to Ben is pretty fair, imo. He has better size, but I'm waitin to see him do something besides score.

Ben ran a lot of point at Uconn too, something we haven't seen from EG really.

I haven't read through this post but they definitely don't have the same size and build. Eric has a good 3 inches on Ben.

Back
Top Bottom