Will Eric Gordon be better or worse than Ben Gordon?

I think we have our own thoughts on it...

but I just look on the NBA level..

Average - Michael Redd

Good - Brandon Roy

Great - Kobe, Lebron

To me, he fits in the good level of athleticism in the NBA

Definitely...

Because I will never believe Brandon Roy and Eric Gordon are on par athletically

Wow EG has gone from overated to completely underated

dude i think will be an all-star, he is strong, explosive, and can shoot lights out, he is a great offensive guard and isnt a bad defender either. I can see him droping 20 a night in the NBA

which is what BG is doing, so basically you are agreeing with my rating of him then.

and scoring isn't everything. you can't just look at a guy averaging 20PPG and say they are an All-Star. EG will never be an All-Star if he averages 20PPG and 3 assists.

he can still average 20PPG and not be a good player, which is basically BG. he shows low basketball IQ at times, takes bad shots, doesn't distribute,doesn't create, and doesn't play a lick of defense.

I dont think Kobe is a great athlete anymore but thats for another day.

I think we can get a grip on how athletic he is now.

I think hes just below the peak d wade level (2005) interms of athletic ability.

Hes more athletic than OJ though. Better shooter too but OJ has something Eric will never have ................

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by grittyman20

and since we're talking about Eric Gordon... someone was saying he's a top 5 pick if he comes out this year. lol, thats laughable. how many tweener guards are worth a top 5 pick? especially with all the other great players this year who actually have a legit position and have superstar potential
Who are all these other legit position players with "superstar potential"?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Beasley is obvious, but if you can name me 4 other players you would take before EG then you my friend are drinking that Kool-aid

Rose, Bayless, Mayo, Brook Lopez.

Rose and Bayless are legit PGs who i can easily see being stars within 3 years, ala Deron Williams. Bayless also has Arenas-like scoring potential.

OJ Mayo is a great scorer, great finisher around the basket, and he's also a shutdown defender (see the Memphis game when he shutdown Derrick Rose. Rose would have gone off for 20+ if Gordon tried to guard him.). out of this group OJ is the biggest liability as far as a legit position, but if people say OJ doesn't have a legit position, then what does that say about Gordon? because Gordon's PG skills are pretty much non-existent. OJ actually has PG skills and could see some time there in the league, something Gordon will probably never do.
Lopez is your classic fundamental 7-footer. great skill set overall, and a strong defender. he's done work against guys like Spencer Hawes last year and Kevin Love this year, so there's no doubts about him being the real deal.

i would take any of those guys over Eric Gordon. like i said, his ceiling is Ben Gordon at best. no thank you.

And those four guys are who you think have "superstar" potential?
tired.gif

laugh.gif
at Brooke Lopez being a "potential superstar" and OJ being a "shutdown player". If you wanna talk shutdown player go ask OJ aboutRussel Westbrooke

laugh.gif
at Brooke Lopez being a "potential superstar" and OJ being a "shutdown player". If you wanna talk shutdown player go ask OJ aboutRussel Westbrooke

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

brook lopez will be a top 10 pick but he will just be another stanford stiff
i highly disagree and i HATE stanfurd.

the lopez twins are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>collins twins.

well i guess that doesn't say much cuz the olsen twins>collins twins as well

what? are you serious? Eric Gordon is gonna be a stud. His handle is underrated, but yes he needs to improve in that area. His decision making when passing theball is probably not the best either. But his ability to get to the rack and finish and also his shooting ability is sick and I this kid isn't selfish atall. I think he has the potential to be a super-star.

EDIT: Eric Gordon is a much better defender then Ben Gordon is.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Wait, I thought Eric Gordon was 'as explosive as it gets'

ohwell.gif

I've never been as impressed with him as others.

Seriously. This guy has a first step that's unmatched in CBB. Plus he plays better D than BG7.

Originally Posted by purepwrta

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

the similarities are astounding.

subpar handles for that

I hope you dont think BG7 doesnt have handles
laugh.gif

BG7 handles are not subpar. I dont think dudes remember when BG was in college. They look at whats going on now, and thats understandable. But BG was on away better team and played with way better players his freshman year. So you cant compare it in that aspect. Anyways I think its a good comparison. BG is abetter creator and shoots better overall. EG is more explosive going towards the basket. The one thing I dont like about EG is that when he cant get past adefender he just pulls up and shoots. Most of the time its from beyond NBA range.

And those four guys are who you think have "superstar" potential?
tired.gif

Yeah...they actually are.
How can you deny Mayo, Rose, Bayless don't have superstar potential in the NBA?
Lopez might be pushing it but you've must've been living under a rock if you think those guys have no chance at stardom in the pros

Yes, it's true, I am calling you out on your birthday
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the concept of 'no a vs. b' (or any modified version thereof) is damn near incomprehensible to some people.

Ok police.............

Back
Top Bottom