"WHY YOUNG AMERICANS SHOULD WORK OVERSEAS"

Maybe if it's 6 figures + bonuses + living expenses I would live in India or Bangkok. However to give up family, friends, attending sporting events, the American lifestyle, etc to go live in some country where I can't speak the language or know their traditions/customs? Screw that! To VISIT cool... but to live year after year there? HELL NO!
I can attest to this, visiting another country is cool but I'm in Germany right now fam and I have to say it's not that enjoyable.

the choice is obvious but its hard for myself with a wife, daughter and all our family here in the US.

Ive heard that the pollution in the air over China is horrible. People are told to stay indoors because its so bad.

I am getting tired of living in NYC tho. Over-priced, over-populated, and its stressful.

the choice is obvious?

id pick 75k in US

i also agree with sun and phD

Everyday life for us military people.

I'm in Afghan and I've met civilians who re-up their contracts every year and been here 4-5 years, racking up 150k+ TAX FREE a year doing easy work.

Hell, even do a quick year, stack up your dough tax free and go back home.
A few years back..

My aunt in Alabama was telling me how the company she works for got a military contract..

Where they recruited civilians to go to Afghan.. I think she said Kuwait and Iraq too..

Basically the civilians completed simple tasks.. Like sorting mail..

She said you have the option to get your income taxed or get it tax free..

But if you decide to get your money taxed.. They give you a higher salary.

Told me kids straight out of high school going and coming back with 75k after 1 year 
smokin.gif

A few years back..
My aunt in Alabama was telling me how the company she works for got a military contract..
Where they recruited civilians to go to Afghan.. I think she said Kuwait and Iraq too..

Basically the civilians completed simple tasks.. Like sorting mail..
She said you have the option to get your income taxed or get it tax free..
But if you decide to get your money taxed.. They give you a higher salary.
Told me kids straight out of high school going and coming back with 75k after 1 year 
smokin.gif

any info on where i can get in on this? Id be down to dip for a year or 2.

Memphisboi, how are they doing that? What degrees are being sought and what jobs are being filled?

IDk their degrees, but hell.. half of them talk and look like they dropped out of high school lol.
But looks can be deceiving.

Even the local contractors do janitorial work and making 75k.. just doing half *** cleaning jobs. :smh:

Depending what part of Afghan you in, not so bad as you think. You not ducking bullets and bombs allday everyday. But we have had occasional rocket attacks the past week now it's heating up here.

I sit in a air conditioned building, got flat screens everywhere.. just watched the Nets beat the Bulls.

Xbox, PS3 , watching movies is alot of my 12hr shift. Only time us medics really do work is if someone

Free food in all the dining facilities, some nice looking local afghan chicks.. we'll nice as it's gone get lol.

Especially you making six figs, it ain't a bad deal. But not for everyone

I can attest to this, visiting another country is cool but I'm in Germany right now fam and I have to say it's not that enjoyable.

I'll consign to this as well. I'm here in the Philippines to be with my fiancé (she has a business here) and I can't wait to get back to SoCal. I'm Filipino too btw, lol.

IDk their degrees, but hell.. half of them talk and look like they dropped out of high school lol.
But looks can be deceiving.

Even the local contractors do janitorial work and making 75k.. just doing half *** cleaning jobs. :smh:

So, chances of a young brotha with a computer science degree landing a 80k+ job? :nerd:

If the pay was right i'd leave the states in a heartbeat...especially if I still lived at home with the parents.  Gotta grow up sometime.

If you teach, try to get in DODEA schools. You can go to many different countries. My wife did it years ago and has been in Japan for 6. They pay for housing so you'll be pocketing some money. Pretty expensive here though.

Back
Top Bottom