"WHY YOUNG AMERICANS SHOULD WORK OVERSEAS"

al audi

Banned
I should start off by saying the reasons laid out in this article on why young Americans should work overseas are practical and not ideological. This is not a liberal argument or a conservative argument; it’s a life argument. For two centuries, if you were young, ambitious, and college-educated, North America offered you the best opportunities. But the tides are changing and that’s no longer the case.

The odd thing is that no one in the United States seems to realize this yet. People haven’t caught on. And what does that mean? Opportunity. Tons of it.

rest of article here

http://postmasculine.com/work-overseas?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=work-overseas

Discuss....

Maybe if it's 6 figures + bonuses + living expenses I would live in India or Bangkok. However to give up family, friends, attending sporting events, the American lifestyle, etc to go live in some country where I can't speak the language or know their traditions/customs? Screw that! To VISIT cool... but to live year after year there? HELL NO!

When I was playing soccer in Germany..

I saw quite a few expatriates working there..

Their jobs were taking care of most expenses..

If I ever obtained my work visa I would have been glad to work for a company over there..

I wouldn't mind working for the right company in Brazil either..

Job opportunities for Americans are increasing over there.

would go in a ******g second if the salary was equivilant...would love to live in Poland Ukraine czech rep or bulgaria or somewhere cheap(er).

Last edited:
I've thought about it but hate to leave my family, friends, and sports teams.

I can't even lie. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. Im not really worried about family or friends. I can keep it touch. I would do a test trial for a year or 2 to see if I liked it. www.escapeartist.com has a lot of info about expats living and working abroad.

for good? no

would try for a number of years though, as long as the culture has some resemblance to the american culture.

otherwise, it might turn into a shock.

Article was a good read. I'd go overseas in a minute. Need to finish my degree so I can take that hotel manager from Koala Lumpur's offer :lol:

good read. repped for posting. Going to research more on this.

if I knew how to find a job overseas I would try it for a few years. Getting paid to work across the globe is nice.

Everyday life for us military people.

I'm in Afghan and I've met civilians who re-up their contracts every year and been here 4-5 years, racking up 150k+ TAX FREE a year doing easy work.

Hell, even do a quick year, stack up your dough tax free and go back home.

Memphisboi, how are they doing that? What degrees are being sought and what jobs are being filled?

Everyday life for us military people.

I'm in Afghan and I've met civilians who re-up their contracts every year and been here 4-5 years, racking up 150k+ TAX FREE a year doing easy work.

Hell, even do a quick year, stack up your dough tax free and go back home.

living in Afghan making 150k a year tax free or Living in US making 75k and paying taxes?

which would you pick NT.....

living in Afghan making 150k a year tax free or Living in US making 75k and paying taxes?

which would you pick NT.....

the choice is obvious but its hard for myself with a wife, daughter and all our family here in the US.

Ive heard that the pollution in the air over China is horrible. People are told to stay indoors because its so bad.

I am getting tired of living in NYC tho. Over-priced, over-populated, and its stressful.

Maybe if it's 6 figures + bonuses + living expenses I would live in India or Bangkok. However to give up family, friends, attending sporting events, the American lifestyle, etc to go live in some country where I can't speak the language or know their traditions/customs? Screw that! To VISIT cool... but to live year after year there? HELL NO!
Pretty much. For all of America's faults, most of the football, bacon cheeseburgers and English street signs in the world are in this country. I'll visit other countries, but LIVE? You'd have to make a very compelling case for the lifestyle of that country.

Go Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom