why is hunting considered a "sport" and accepted in society?

Cuz white people do it...
Hunting = fighting dogs
One is illegal, and isn't majority done by whites...

Well you could make the argument that hunting is more "humane" because you approach it with a one shot one kill mentality. Fighting dogs go puts them through prolonged violence and injures during their training and during fights before they are put down.

I'm ok with hunting if you eat what you kill, one of my fave doctor's hunts and let me try some of his deer meat. If hunting should be illegal, I think we should add slaughterhouses to that list. Slaughterhouses are very inhumane and tend to attract psycopaths as employees.

Last edited:
Those wild boars are a problem in texas right now.

Those things are MASSIVE feral beasts. 
laugh.gif

I'm all aware of animal rights and what not...but I wonder how many of you don't live in cities or have any experience with the suburbs. Views change when you face this stuff on a regular basis. 

Oh and LOL at the dude who said Deer have natural predators. They don't. We killed their natural predators. Deer are a problem in the suburbs. ...and a problem is defined as anything that gets in the way of humans beyond what they deem tolerable. Sad, but true. Take it or leave it. 

Last edited:
Care to elaborate how this is a troll thread

you eat meat right? You eat fast food? (I assume?).

How are animals being farmed, genetically manipulated, being tortured, being killed for our consumption any different?

What about medecine? You take medecine? You know how much animal testing is done before certain products are released for human consumption?

I don't hunt but if I did I don't see anything wrong with doing it for sport. There's something primal about it, something natural. There was a time where if you couldn't hunt (be it for sport or for food) you couldn't hang.

Don't think for one second that ancient civilizations only hunted for sustenance, they sharpened their ability as warriors by hunting. Likewise if you're a marksman, I don't see anything wrong with going out into the elements and honing your skills on game.

It's a troll topic because you didn't even attempt to consider the other side, you just came in here and started demonizing hunting. Troll-status.

I agree, it should not be as a "sport" , I also think hunting is necessity.. I EAT meat... People your ancestors lived off their land.. It's a double edged sword topic, and a whole lot of reaching..
There's reasons hunting is good
Hunting for the sake of killing and not even for the fur,meat, bones, ect.. Is bad obviously..

I rather see people go hunting than going around busting on each other (PAUSE).

dudes up there in chicago acting like it's perpetual open-season on one another. pseudo-tough guy gun busting lil boys who can't even thump would do well to go out in the wild for a week or two and try and survive on nothing but game.

1. Over population of animals is a silly argument. It's never been an issue because nature regulates animal populations, far better than we can ever dream of.
2. Destroy farm land. Simple--stop encroaching on their (wild animals) lands. We continue to expand deeper and farther into their habitats and get mad when they come in passing distance of our "properties" :smile:rolleyes)? Silly if you asked me.
3. You want less animals attacking humans, see point #2--stop encroaching on their habitats.
4. Aint nobody running out of food. We have more food now than at any point in history.
5. This is the only legitimate point. There exists populations that still depend on hunting game for their food and for these populations, I give them a pass. It's the well fed, heavy duty truck driving, 4 mansion owning, millionaire CEO who hunts defenseless animals for sport due some misplace sense of masculine pride that I have issues with.

The "nature" that these deer thrive in are already tampered with by humans. There are accounts of deer out in suburban neighborhoods and it has become a real problem in some areas.

Hunting has been around for as long as humans have. Of course the activity has become somewhat recreational but it's unfair to label it as a bad thing. Some people prefer fresh meat while others enjoy wild animals (fresh venison and duck is amazing). The reasoning behind it doesn't matter but hunting competitions and such are accepted in society because it's something that's been around forever and isn't doing much if any harm (this is only if hunting regulations and laws are followed). Conditions in meat and dairy farms are much more harmful to our society.

The same reason people like to go fishing for long hours.

Our ancestors have been hunting throughout human existence, it's relative to human beings, it's almost been injected into our DNA. It was sport before sports ever existed. Don't knock it, If you don't agree with it just leave it alone. I rather people hunt game then hunt each other in the streets.

Btw their is an over-population of deer in this country, way too many.

1. Over population of animals is a silly argument. It's never been an issue because nature regulates animal populations, far better than we can ever dream of.
2. Destroy farm land. Simple--stop encroaching on their (wild animals) lands. We continue to expand deeper and farther into their habitats and get mad when they come in passing distance of our "properties" :smile:rolleyes)? Silly if you asked me.
3. You want less animals attacking humans, see point #2--stop encroaching on their habitats.
4. Aint nobody running out of food. We have more food now than at any point in history.
5. This is the only legitimate point. There exists populations that still depend on hunting game for their food and for these populations, I give them a pass. It's the well fed, heavy duty truck driving, 4 mansion owning, millionaire CEO who hunts defenseless animals for sport due some misplace sense of masculine pride that I have issues with.

The "nature" that these deer thrive in are already tampered with by humans. There are accounts of deer out in suburban neighborhoods and it has become a real problem in some areas.

Hunting has been around for as long as humans have. Of course the activity has become somewhat recreational but it's unfair to label it as a bad thing. Some people prefer fresh meat while others enjoy wild animals (fresh venison and duck is amazing). The reasoning behind it doesn't matter but hunting competitions and such are accepted in society because it's something that's been around forever and isn't doing much if any harm (this is only if hunting regulations and laws are followed). Conditions in meat and dairy farms are much more harmful to our society.

Why is it unfair to label it as a bad thing when it's recreational? You're out there killing for no reason other than sport. What about preference? So, because you want a different cut of meat it's okay to kill when there's plenty of meat you can buy? Completely unnecessary and selfish. Hunting competitions are accepted in society because we've hunted for thousands of years...in order to survive. Recreational hunters are not doing it for this reason. The fact that you say it isn't doing much harm leads me to believe you have a very human-centric point of view. Which, granted, I can understand, but these animals deserve our respect. Not to be hunted as a hobby.

Last edited:
I go hunting every winter with my friends. I never understood the people that kill the deer just to kill them. We take the meat to a butcher and get some good venison out of it. BTW you guys have to have a venison steak or jerky. Stuff is 8)

if you are going to hunt, at least get out there and get your hands dirty with a bow and arrow or bowie knife.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom