Why is everyone suddenly wearing Nike ACG Goadome Boots?

Dudes in Harlem NYC was the first to start rockin ACG boots bout 4-5 years ago. Nobody else anywhere was wearing these*!+@%@. ACG's and Marmots all day!!!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Everyone in my 7th grade class had these on when they came out 2000-2001, I mean I understand all the things that have started in NY over the years, butbelieve me, everyone round here gradually stopped rocking Timbs back when these came out. This is too similar to the dude from NY a couple years back that toldme they were in the influence for Go-Go cause of a song in the 80s Doug E Fresh did with Rare Essense
smh.gif
, some of ya'll think everysingle new trend startsthere, How sad....

Originally Posted by Harlem21

Dudes in Harlem NYC was the first to start rockin ACG boots bout 4-5 years ago. Nobody else anywhere was wearing these*!+@%@. ACG's and Marmots all day!!!

You do realize that puts you at 2003 or 2004 right? that doesn't even RUB 1999 or 2000 Son Son.. Dunny... God... or whatever the latest Up Top Lingomay be these days... Althou I have some friends that are from NYC.. it makes me chuckle how some cats just HAVE to be the one's to boast how THEY set thetrend.

How they stepped out of their Brownstone or High Rise and set ALL the Boroughs aflame with the latest Trend. Sales figures don't lie "my dude" Historical Data tells us that while NYC may have worn the Goadomes... DC/Bmore have Bought MORE Goadomes in the last 7 years than MANY states or counties aboveBmore....

Now are you goin to tell me 20 dudes in NYC bought up ALL the Nike boots made?

Just wondering... Didn't YOUR OWN Jigga say..."People lie. Numbers don't"

I got numbers...son son.
roll.gif

Cant wait for this response.....

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You should slap yourself 10 times for making that asinine statement...

20 times. And the response won't come. Bammas won't drop facts, and the defense used will be "keep them ugly things" while their wholeblock rocks them, and they secretly hide their pair in the closet.

Whoa! I knew these boots were big on the East Coast but 5 pages long?! NO ONE wears these out on the West Coast- not in the Bay Area (correct me if I'mwrong). Just ordered a pair. I'll put them in rotation w/ the Red Wings for the upcoming storm.

roll.gif

He's partially right.

These were released in the 90's and Harlem made them popular, and Jimmy and Juelz helped make them popular again nationwide a couple of years ago. NewYork isn't like DC where everyone wears the same thing, however.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

roll.gif

He's partially right.

These were released in the 90's and Harlem made them popular, and Jimmy and Juelz helped make them popular again nationwide a couple of years ago. New York isn't like DC where everyone wears the same thing, however.

They released in 2001, what are you talking about
laugh.gif

Seriously...how Can Jim and Juelz make something popular that the locales already knew about? You can't make something National if dudes in the NO, the Bayand all other WARM regions SHOULDN"T be wearing Goadomes...

Mind you... in DC..as well as NYC.. dudes rocked Tim Chukka's all Summer Long.. but that was during the 90's circa ONYX -- Buck Buck Buck... Word toShorty...

How can Harlem make em Popular? DC and Bmore dudes didn't even LIKE NYC dudes on a large scale back when these came out.. We just learned to deal with youguys and bang your women!!!

I liked it when they called me Papi too...

You dudes make me giggle...even the one's Im cool with....

Gotta love the NYC against the World Threads..... I forgot you all made DKNY famous too!!

New York isn't like DC where everyone wears the same thing, however.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You can't be serious...NY cats all dress alike according to their borough...

IE. Harlem, all them cats look like disciple of the Jim Jones/Diplomats cult...I'm surprised he hasn't put cyanide in ya'll kool-aid yet...

I hate to say this but... DC/Bmore Dudes HAVE to create our own trends and styles due to us not havin that National Presence of a Super Star or Hip Hop Artistfrom here... but thats a good thing.

We aint sheep.

A NYC convo between boys, after watching 106 & Park

"Yo Son.. you see that Jesus Piece Jim Jones was rockin Son? Word life Son! Im gonna MAD cop that joint, or rob sin if I see him on the street with thatjoint!"

"Word to yo Muva son?
"Word B"

A DC/BMore Convo after seein Jim Jones on 106 & Park

"That dude is a Bamma/ Whack" "Turn the TV off before they put Killa Cam on with something Pink talkin about someone Swallowin his kids andgetting shot at down here in DC"

Originally Posted by RockDeep

We aint sheep.

You aren't sheep? You wear clothing just because someone else in your neighborhood has it. That's what you wore New Balance for a decade and wearwack "local" clothing. Going out looking like a twin of everyone isn't a sheep
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

New York isn't like DC where everyone wears the same thing, however.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You can't be serious...NY cats all dress alike according to their borough...

IE. Harlem, all them cats look like disciple of the Jim Jones/Diplomats cult...I'm surprised he hasn't put cyanide in ya'll kool-aid yet...

You obviously must not be very aware of anyone from Harlem other than Jimmy.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by Magic1978

roll.gif

He's partially right.

These were released in the 90's and Harlem made them popular, and Jimmy and Juelz helped make them popular again nationwide a couple of years ago. New York isn't like DC where everyone wears the same thing, however.

They released in 2001, what are you talking about
laugh.gif

They released where in 2001? DC?
Where is clothing released first, DC or NYC?

Dog you lost. Its clear you know nothing about goadomes, release dates or dc style. Just quit.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Dog you lost. Its clear you know nothing about goadomes, release dates or dc style. Just quit.

Lost
laugh.gif
Like DC was the first to wear New Balance also, right? DCmade Foamposite populars too, right?
Even though it was released some place else first, we made it popular, because we like to dress like everyone else in the area
roll.gif

That's like if people in California claimed credit to Chuck's.

You all took Goadome's nationwide like you all did go-go
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

As far as "urban america" goes, Jadakiss put'em on the map...Jim Jones spread'em across the map....

that ACG song came out WAAY later...jim jones was rockin these since his first album.

NYC been rockin these since they dropped too..i remember da first pair had balistic nylon on da sides and toe.

No ones talking about clothes, foams, etc...but the year is 2001. If you want to sit here and say goadomes were a ny staple in 2001 your bugging. I was upthere, and it was constructions, field boots and vasquez everywhere. How do you claim something you got the late pass on. And wale was about 6 years latedropping that nike boots track.

Each page of this thread gets better and better. My brother's pops is a steel worker, born and raised out of SE DC, still has his original pair of nikeboots w/ the black smaller "security gaurd" looking flashlight. Uncle Thurman is a police officer from B-more, he has had his pair since 99' too.There is a reason OUR trends from the "UREA"(thats DC-B-more_and i'll include VA now) aren't seen in multiple states and other cities...wesimply DON"T want them too. We dress a like yes, so do a lot of people form the same towns/cities/states, but we also have very unique styles too. We tendnot to copy trends form other areas too much.

My girl is from NYC, her whole family is and they are from all 5 burroughs..she personally was born in Far Rock (Red Fern/Dead Fern, whatever yall call it now)and was raised in O.V. Far Rock. Everyone i've talked to in her fam stated that this dc metro and b-more area had them 1st. They JUST started rockin themin the past couple yrs, but most of them still don't like them. They don't speak for all of NY, but i'm just going off of them and their views.

And just to shed some truth 2 my statement about not wanting to stick to the entire NATION's trends, a lot of bammas from this area have started to put thenike boots back in the closet because of their newly aquired national attention and bring back the buttas (Timb's wheat/gum sole) and the beff n'broc's style back that we admittedly adopted a long time ago from our up top bretheren....Thats my word and im stickin 2 it..

tired.gif
Flame suit ready.
ohwell.gif
Sorry for the long post

Back
Top Bottom