Why is Eminem garbage? Give me a GOOD reason.

If Em was still "undergorund" almost everyone in this thread would be on his $%*$.. I don't know how many times I've seen people
jock rappers until they get some plays and popularity then start bashing.. and its always the same things said.. "I was a fan of his
before he blew up" "I liked his underground stuff better" "his music is just pop now" etc.. sorry to tell u this but u weren't the 1st one to
hear him, his underground stuff was not that hot and he sells records cause he's good.. almost every top rapper sells a lot of records.. Biggie,
2pc, Jay-z, Lil Wayne, Kanye, EM, Nas and the list keeps going.. now granted a lot of people now hate on these dudes for reasons said
before and thats not to say there are a lot of talented rappers who don't sell millions of records and a lot of untalented ones who do.. but to
say eminem has no skills or is garbage is just weak.. Its lame how thats the cool way to show your hip-hop knowledge.. if you don't like
it fine but don't act like he's not talented or only popular cause he's white, then throw some underground rappers name out like u some
hip-hop god.. this isn't to anyone in particular and at the end of the day its all opinion.. I was just sharing mine..

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

White boys have BEEN runnin the "rap game" (into the ground)... Why would "WE" get mad now??
Let me preface this by saying that I'm black/african-american what have you, so any opinion expressed henceforth is not being fueled by any racial bias...

Without Marshall Mathers there arguably wouldn't be a rap game to run into the ground. Not only has he helped the genre, but the music industry as a whole from his sales. There are without a doubt many artists of different racial ethnicities that look up to Mr. Mathers. He basically made it cool for white people to rap, so there probably wouldn't be a Paul Wall, Bubba Sparx, Yelawolf, etc. without his influence. He has single-handedly helped the careers of other artists by putting them on and appearing on their music. There would be no 50 cent without Mr. Mathers. There would be no GRODT without Mr. Mathers. There would be no Obie Trice without Mr. Mathers. There would be no "Cheers". The group D12 never would have got put on without Mr. Mathers. There would be no SSLP, MMLP, or ES without Mr. Mathers. No coinage of the word "stan". Let's not forget Mr. Mathers penned "Stan".

The movie 8-Mile would never have released if not for Mr. Mathers. The underground rap battling scene would never have been put on the big screen. The 8-Mile soundtrack would never have released. A greater appreciation for the hip-hop genre by the masses via the depictions in this movie can be attributed to Mr. Mathers.

The greatness that is The Blueprint would definitely be lacking if not for Mr. Mathers' feature on Renegade, which is still too this day debated on who had the best verse.

Royce da 5'9'' probably would have made it, but his close friend Mr. Mathers made it that much easier with cuts like Bad Meets Evil and the OG Renegade. Without Royce, there'd be no Slaughterhouse. Without Royce, there'd be no "Bar Exam". Would Royce even be as good if not for a friend like Mr. Mathers to constantly push him?

Joe Budden has gone on record saying that Mr. Mathers is his favorite emcee. Would Joe be as motivated if not for the work of Mr. Mathers?

A "Nail in the Coffin" for the Ja Rule/50 Cent been would have never released. There would never have been a beef without 50 Cent.

These are just a few things that Marshall Bruce Mathers has contributed to the "rap game". It would sorely be lacking if not for his contributions that seem to go unnoticed.

Now I understand what "25 to Life" is really all about.
Im not even going to read that, your opinion is not valid you have a Sara Bareilles avy and sig. Go to sleep.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

White boys have BEEN runnin the "rap game" (into the ground)... Why would "WE" get mad now??
Let me preface this by saying that I'm black/african-american what have you, so any opinion expressed henceforth is not being fueled by any racial bias...

Without Marshall Mathers there arguably wouldn't be a rap game to run into the ground. Not only has he helped the genre, but the music industry as a whole from his sales. There are without a doubt many artists of different racial ethnicities that look up to Mr. Mathers. He basically made it cool for white people to rap, so there probably wouldn't be a Paul Wall, Bubba Sparx, Yelawolf, etc. without his influence. He has single-handedly helped the careers of other artists by putting them on and appearing on their music. There would be no 50 cent without Mr. Mathers. There would be no GRODT without Mr. Mathers. There would be no Obie Trice without Mr. Mathers. There would be no "Cheers". The group D12 never would have got put on without Mr. Mathers. There would be no SSLP, MMLP, or ES without Mr. Mathers. No coinage of the word "stan". Let's not forget Mr. Mathers penned "Stan".

The movie 8-Mile would never have released if not for Mr. Mathers. The underground rap battling scene would never have been put on the big screen. The 8-Mile soundtrack would never have released. A greater appreciation for the hip-hop genre by the masses via the depictions in this movie can be attributed to Mr. Mathers.

The greatness that is The Blueprint would definitely be lacking if not for Mr. Mathers' feature on Renegade, which is still too this day debated on who had the best verse.

Royce da 5'9'' probably would have made it, but his close friend Mr. Mathers made it that much easier with cuts like Bad Meets Evil and the OG Renegade. Without Royce, there'd be no Slaughterhouse. Without Royce, there'd be no "Bar Exam". Would Royce even be as good if not for a friend like Mr. Mathers to constantly push him?

Joe Budden has gone on record saying that Mr. Mathers is his favorite emcee. Would Joe be as motivated if not for the work of Mr. Mathers?

A "Nail in the Coffin" for the Ja Rule/50 Cent been would have never released. There would never have been a beef without 50 Cent.

These are just a few things that Marshall Bruce Mathers has contributed to the "rap game". It would sorely be lacking if not for his contributions that seem to go unnoticed.

Now I understand what "25 to Life" is really all about.
Im not even going to read that, your opinion is not valid you have a Sara Bareilles avy and sig. Go to sleep.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Question:

Did he get a pass to talk about the stuff he did on his albums because he was white? If it was a black/latino artist talking about raping their mother and all of the other sadistic stuff Em said their albums would have never saw the light of day.

theres a few black rappers who rap about %%#@ like that... dude only gets love in wacked out #!@ cali tho... look up brotha lynch hung... dude is obsessed with cannibalism...

Yeah, and NOBODY checks for dude. He's like the black Eminem.
To Brotha Lynch's credit though, he has said in a Dubcnn interview that he chooses not to be too big where he can still go out and not be bombarded in public places like most rappers are today.  I can post the interview if need be. 

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't paraphrase him right, he just said he's not a "TV face person" and would be content releasing more albums instead.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Question:

Did he get a pass to talk about the stuff he did on his albums because he was white? If it was a black/latino artist talking about raping their mother and all of the other sadistic stuff Em said their albums would have never saw the light of day.

theres a few black rappers who rap about %%#@ like that... dude only gets love in wacked out #!@ cali tho... look up brotha lynch hung... dude is obsessed with cannibalism...

Yeah, and NOBODY checks for dude. He's like the black Eminem.
To Brotha Lynch's credit though, he has said in a Dubcnn interview that he chooses not to be too big where he can still go out and not be bombarded in public places like most rappers are today.  I can post the interview if need be. 

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't paraphrase him right, he just said he's not a "TV face person" and would be content releasing more albums instead.

Damn, this topic genuinely upsets some of ya'll. Is it really worth breaking down every possible opinion/statement? Its like nobody can state an opposing statement without getting quoted and %@#@. Not that I really care but its rather amusing.
laugh.gif

After RELAPSE I felt he fell off cause I couldn't stand that "accent", but after listening to Recovery I can't say the same. One of my fav albums this year along with the Roots.

if u don't like his stuff just don't bother to listen to it, i don't like Lil Wayne but u don't see me making threads dissing him...

Amen.

Damn, this topic genuinely upsets some of ya'll. Is it really worth breaking down every possible opinion/statement? Its like nobody can state an opposing statement without getting quoted and %@#@. Not that I really care but its rather amusing.
laugh.gif

After RELAPSE I felt he fell off cause I couldn't stand that "accent", but after listening to Recovery I can't say the same. One of my fav albums this year along with the Roots.

if u don't like his stuff just don't bother to listen to it, i don't like Lil Wayne but u don't see me making threads dissing him...

Amen.

Damn this thread got carried away lol.

So to OP i think most people will agree that Em is talented is that all you want to hear.

These music threads get people angry for some reason. You can't make anyone like a musical artist. Either they do or they don't. I mean if you sat them down and played eminem for them for 24 straight hours maybe they could be brain washed or something.

But Tech n9ne is a black rapper who raps about raping and killing all the time. Dude has done over a million records independent. And yes people do check for him. Brother Lynch Hung gets credit as an OG horror-core rapper but he doesn't really have that much skill as far as lyrical ability.

And we always get back to people being butt-hurt over Em outselling their fav rapper and how their are tons of better rappers out there then him. Well if you think so maybe you should go out and buy their albums and stop downloading them. Eminem appeals to the highest population of Rap CD purchasers. White men. Can't blame him for having the biggest lane on the road and he can swerve all over it (relapse) and still push 2 mil records. He finally has the car going straight again....

Damn this thread got carried away lol.

So to OP i think most people will agree that Em is talented is that all you want to hear.

These music threads get people angry for some reason. You can't make anyone like a musical artist. Either they do or they don't. I mean if you sat them down and played eminem for them for 24 straight hours maybe they could be brain washed or something.

But Tech n9ne is a black rapper who raps about raping and killing all the time. Dude has done over a million records independent. And yes people do check for him. Brother Lynch Hung gets credit as an OG horror-core rapper but he doesn't really have that much skill as far as lyrical ability.

And we always get back to people being butt-hurt over Em outselling their fav rapper and how their are tons of better rappers out there then him. Well if you think so maybe you should go out and buy their albums and stop downloading them. Eminem appeals to the highest population of Rap CD purchasers. White men. Can't blame him for having the biggest lane on the road and he can swerve all over it (relapse) and still push 2 mil records. He finally has the car going straight again....

A lot of Folk Sleep On Tech 9 ..

As far a Lyrical Ability ..

Dude can spit circles around a lot of cats ..

He's tryin to clean his image a lil and become more mainstream ..

And a majority of his Fans are white

A lot of Folk Sleep On Tech 9 ..

As far a Lyrical Ability ..

Dude can spit circles around a lot of cats ..

He's tryin to clean his image a lil and become more mainstream ..

And a majority of his Fans are white

Back
Top Bottom