Why is Eminem garbage? Give me a GOOD reason.

I find it funny how some of the people who say "Em fell off" to discredit him are Nas, Wu-Tang, etc. fans.  Talk about holding on to legacies.  I'd argue that Nas' skills as a rapper have diminished equal to (or slightly greater than) Em's.

I can respect people saying that he just ain't for them.  But like I said, in this discussion I want to focus on skills rather than personal taste.  As has been pointed out, 99% of rap fans haven't murdered, sold drugs, etc., yet they still acknowledge a rappers talent.  It's the people calling him garbage that I don't get.  Calling Eminem garbage, to me, is like calling Halle Berry ugly.  I'd respect you more if you just say "Eh, she ain't my cup of tea, but I can understand why everybody else likes her".

The "his voice" reason I totally get.  I can't listen to too many female (and some male) rappers because their voices bug the crap out of me.

I find it funny how some of the people who say "Em fell off" to discredit him are Nas, Wu-Tang, etc. fans.  Talk about holding on to legacies.  I'd argue that Nas' skills as a rapper have diminished equal to (or slightly greater than) Em's.

I can respect people saying that he just ain't for them.  But like I said, in this discussion I want to focus on skills rather than personal taste.  As has been pointed out, 99% of rap fans haven't murdered, sold drugs, etc., yet they still acknowledge a rappers talent.  It's the people calling him garbage that I don't get.  Calling Eminem garbage, to me, is like calling Halle Berry ugly.  I'd respect you more if you just say "Eh, she ain't my cup of tea, but I can understand why everybody else likes her".

The "his voice" reason I totally get.  I can't listen to too many female (and some male) rappers because their voices bug the crap out of me.

im still trying to figure out how Em fell off when he could hop on any single track RIGHT NOW with any one of your favorite artists and outshine them EXPONENTIALLY ... no one will call out Em and for good reason ... on your rappers best day and Ems worst he can still hang ... on Ems best day NO ONE CURRENTLY ALIVE IS SEEING HIM /debate

how that equates to fell off is beyond me ... face it, the only people who dont like Em are those who can't get passed his skin color ...

/

im still trying to figure out how Em fell off when he could hop on any single track RIGHT NOW with any one of your favorite artists and outshine them EXPONENTIALLY ... no one will call out Em and for good reason ... on your rappers best day and Ems worst he can still hang ... on Ems best day NO ONE CURRENTLY ALIVE IS SEEING HIM /debate

how that equates to fell off is beyond me ... face it, the only people who dont like Em are those who can't get passed his skin color ...

/

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I find it funny how some of the people who say "Em fell off" to discredit him are Nas, Wu-Tang, etc. fans.  Talk about holding on to legacies.
Raekwon dropped Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II (which is practically a Wu album) last year....

and Nas dropped Distant Relatives this year...

they still make good music imo.

I find it funny how some of the people who say "Em fell off" to discredit him are Nas, Wu-Tang, etc. fans.  Talk about holding on to legacies.
Raekwon dropped Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II (which is practically a Wu album) last year....

they still make good music imo.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

just stop man... u look like such a lame... does eminem pay u to defend his honor?
laugh.gif

Does someone pay you to come in EVERY Em thread and say the SAME thing over and over again?

again... u look like such a lame... does someone pay u to always quote MY !!!% like im the only person in here?

off mine please...

thanks...

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

just stop man... u look like such a lame... does eminem pay u to defend his honor?
laugh.gif

Does someone pay you to come in EVERY Em thread and say the SAME thing over and over again?

again... u look like such a lame... does someone pay u to always quote MY !!!% like im the only person in here?

off mine please...

thanks...

I'd argue that Nas' skills as a rapper have diminished equal to (or slightly greater than) Em's.
Then that would make you a FULL blown idiot...

NaS is coming off of 2 near classics, Untitled & Distant Relatives...

HHID was nothing to sneeze @ either...

But I guess someone who enjoyed the last 3 Em albums wouldn't be in a position to talk about whats GOOD or BAD in the world of hip hop...

I'd argue that Nas' skills as a rapper have diminished equal to (or slightly greater than) Em's.

But I guess someone who enjoyed the last 3 Em albums wouldn't be in a position to talk about whats GOOD or BAD in the world of hip hop...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

The gist of this thread is that if Eminem were black, he'd be a nobody. Right?

Pharoah Monch > Eminem

take it for what its worth...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Pharoah Monch > Eminem

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Based on your last sentence, I'm gonna venture to guess that you just ASSUMED I enjoyed all of Eminem's last 3 albums.  You know, because you can't admire a rapper's talents without being a stan who cosigns everything he does.

Still, who's even in a position to argue what's good and bad in hip hop anyway?  You? [Nas]Negro Please[/Nas]

On topic, I agree with SirGilbert, those are good albums.  What I'm saying is that none of those rappers (Em, Nas, Wu, etc.) is in their prime.  Distant Relatives Nas is good but he ain't Illmatic Nas.  Same with Em.  Raekwon (OB4CLII) is the only exception I can think of right now.  

bijald0331 wrote:

Pharoah Monch > Eminem

Ain't nobody talkin about him being white.  That wasn't the point of the thread.  At least it wasn't supposed to be.

Based on your last sentence, I'm gonna venture to guess that you just ASSUMED I enjoyed all of Eminem's last 3 albums.  You know, because you can't admire a rapper's talents without being a stan who cosigns everything he does.

Still, who's even in a position to argue what's good and bad in hip hop anyway?  You? [Nas]Negro Please[/Nas]

On topic, I agree with SirGilbert, those are good albums.  What I'm saying is that none of those rappers (Em, Nas, Wu, etc.) is in their prime.  Distant Relatives Nas is good but he ain't Illmatic Nas.  Same with Em.  Raekwon (OB4CLII) is the only exception I can think of right now.  

bijald0331 wrote:

Pharoah Monch > Eminem

Ain't nobody talkin about him being white.  That wasn't the point of the thread.  At least it wasn't supposed to be.

ElijahBrohammed said:
Question:

Did he get a pass to talk about the stuff he did on his albums because he was white? If it was a black/latino artist talking about raping their mother and all of the other sadistic stuff Em said their albums would have never saw the light of day.

theres a few black rappers who rap about %%#@ like that... dude only gets love in wacked out #!@ cali tho... look up brotha lynch hung... dude is obsessed with cannibalism...

Yeah, and NOBODY checks for dude. He's like the black Eminem.

ElijahBrohammed said:
Question:

Did he get a pass to talk about the stuff he did on his albums because he was white? If it was a black/latino artist talking about raping their mother and all of the other sadistic stuff Em said their albums would have never saw the light of day.

theres a few black rappers who rap about %%#@ like that... dude only gets love in wacked out #!@ cali tho... look up brotha lynch hung... dude is obsessed with cannibalism...

Yeah, and NOBODY checks for dude. He's like the black Eminem.

bijald0331 wrote:

I guess a Northwestern education isn't all its cracked up to be huh...

Look at all the detractors in this thread. Look at all the album sales threads. It's a prevailing sentiment on this board that Eminem is who he is right now because he is white. It's been argued countless times.

I definitely should have said the "gist of the detractors".

Did you not say this?
"White boys have BEEN runnin the "rap game" (into the ground)... Why would "WE" get mad now??"

bijald0331 wrote:

I guess a Northwestern education isn't all its cracked up to be huh...

Look at all the detractors in this thread. Look at all the album sales threads. It's a prevailing sentiment on this board that Eminem is who he is right now because he is white. It's been argued countless times.

I definitely should have said the "gist of the detractors".

Did you not say this?
"White boys have BEEN runnin the "rap game" (into the ground)... Why would "WE" get mad now??"

If Em was still "undergorund" almost everyone in this thread would be on his $%*$.. I don't know how many times I've seen people
jock rappers until they get some plays and popularity then start bashing.. and its always the same things said.. "I was a fan of his
before he blew up" "I liked his underground stuff better" "his music is just pop now" etc.. sorry to tell u this but u weren't the 1st one to
hear him, his underground stuff was not that hot and he sells records cause he's good.. almost every top rapper sells a lot of records.. Biggie,
2pc, Jay-z, Lil Wayne, Kanye, EM, Nas and the list keeps going.. now granted a lot of people now hate on these dudes for reasons said
before and thats not to say there are a lot of talented rappers who don't sell millions of records and a lot of untalented ones who do.. but to
say eminem has no skills or is garbage is just weak.. Its lame how thats the cool way to show your hip-hop knowledge.. if you don't like
it fine but don't act like he's not talented or only popular cause he's white, then throw some underground rappers name out like u some
hip-hop god.. this isn't to anyone in particular and at the end of the day its all opinion.. I was just sharing mine..

Back
Top Bottom