why is derrick rose not in the dunk contest ?

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

he's an in game dunker.

But in all honesty, the NBA need to end the Dunk contest. Make H.O.R.S.E a bigger event
you lying.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

he's an in game dunker.

But in all honesty, the NBA need to end the Dunk contest. Make H.O.R.S.E a bigger event
you lying.

I'm a Bulls/Rose fan, but there's no way he should be in the contest. He's not that type of dunker.

I'm a Bulls/Rose fan, but there's no way he should be in the contest. He's not that type of dunker.

because David Stern is a dictator who just makes decisions and runs with them, and has really no basketball acumen so most of his decisions are terrible; same reason Westbrook isn't in it even though he actually wants to be in and has since his rookie season

because David Stern is a dictator who just makes decisions and runs with them, and has really no basketball acumen so most of his decisions are terrible; same reason Westbrook isn't in it even though he actually wants to be in and has since his rookie season

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

he said in an interview somewhere that he isnt a creative dunker, his in game dunks are ridiculous though.
Same with Westbrook. He just dunks over people.

same as lebron and griffin in my opinion... there arent a lot of creative dunkers out there..hell, the only 2 i can name are carter and jrich..and maybe a rookie kobe..

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

he said in an interview somewhere that he isnt a creative dunker, his in game dunks are ridiculous though.
Same with Westbrook. He just dunks over people.

same as lebron and griffin in my opinion... there arent a lot of creative dunkers out there..hell, the only 2 i can name are carter and jrich..and maybe a rookie kobe..

There was nothing creative about the dunk contest Kobe won his rookie yr. Hell, Rose and Westbrook can do every 1 of those dunks he did (only 1 there isn't video on YT of is the between the legs but I have heard it mentioned about both, particularly Westbrook, that they can). Vince stole his entire dunk contest repertoire from a guy named Jameel Pugh, even admitted as much.

There was nothing creative about the dunk contest Kobe won his rookie yr. Hell, Rose and Westbrook can do every 1 of those dunks he did (only 1 there isn't video on YT of is the between the legs but I have heard it mentioned about both, particularly Westbrook, that they can). Vince stole his entire dunk contest repertoire from a guy named Jameel Pugh, even admitted as much.

If he ever joined, I don't see him winning but I do see him thorwing down some oslid dunks (same as if Jennings did it this year).

I Agree with making h.o.r.s.e. a bigger event though.

If he ever joined, I don't see him winning but I do see him thorwing down some oslid dunks (same as if Jennings did it this year).

I Agree with making h.o.r.s.e. a bigger event though.

If I was a Chicago fan, I'm thanking Stern for not inviting Rose to the dunk contest. I know it's rare but the last thing you need is for Rose to get injured when you've struggled with injuries all year.

If I was a Chicago fan, I'm thanking Stern for not inviting Rose to the dunk contest. I know it's rare but the last thing you need is for Rose to get injured when you've struggled with injuries all year.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

so you heard about rose and westbrook, that's a great source of info, rumors.. okay cool... i think kobe could do a lot more in the dunk contest, i saw him do the elbow in the rim dunk ('97 phillipines) and from the kobe II commercial, off the glass between the legs, behind the back in mid air, the way jr smith did after he saw kobe do it...

even if vince stole his entire repertoire, it doesnt matter, i havent seen any player in the league that can match his athleticism.. cause james white doesnt care, he's been like what, 10 days in the league?

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

so you heard about rose and westbrook, that's a great source of info, rumors.. okay cool... i think kobe could do a lot more in the dunk contest, i saw him do the elbow in the rim dunk ('97 phillipines) and from the kobe II commercial, off the glass between the legs, behind the back in mid air, the way jr smith did after he saw kobe do it...

even if vince stole his entire repertoire, it doesnt matter, i havent seen any player in the league that can match his athleticism.. cause james white doesnt care, he's been like what, 10 days in the league?

No I've SEEN them do all of those dunks except I haven't officially see either do between the legs. And all those dunks from the Kobe 2 commercial, please post that commercial because I know you just can't be talking about the same 1 when he did the 360 from the free throw line or the 1 where he paused in midair to decide what he should do to the defender. I bet you think he can jump over a speeding car too.

And rumor, strong rumor, Russ might replace Ibaka in the dunk contest

No I've SEEN them do all of those dunks except I haven't officially see either do between the legs. And all those dunks from the Kobe 2 commercial, please post that commercial because I know you just can't be talking about the same 1 when he did the 360 from the free throw line or the 1 where he paused in midair to decide what he should do to the defender. I bet you think he can jump over a speeding car too.

And rumor, strong rumor, Russ might replace Ibaka in the dunk contest

i need to see it, i think they can.. but still.. jennings can do it too.. still think that jennings would win if he'd be in it... no doubt.. not griffin...

i need to see it, i think they can.. but still.. jennings can do it too.. still think that jennings would win if he'd be in it... no doubt.. not griffin...

NBA is obviously full of insane athletes, the star players are not necessarily the best leapers/dunkers. Theres alot of dunking talent. Take out bums like mcgee(reach is 9'6''...) and that other tall dude. Put in my man Rodney Carney, those kinda guys. They have fresh legs too.

But I guess you need to be somewhat known or a decent player.

Westbrook is a wack dunker, ingame hes nice, contest no way. Rose would kill him.
Tired of these guys like Rudy Fernandez, Gerald Wallace (fell off dunking wise) and Shannon Brown. Theyre not contest guys and just waste attempts.
Shannon was ill in highschool and shows up like that to the sdc???

NBA is obviously full of insane athletes, the star players are not necessarily the best leapers/dunkers. Theres alot of dunking talent. Take out bums like mcgee(reach is 9'6''...) and that other tall dude. Put in my man Rodney Carney, those kinda guys. They have fresh legs too.

But I guess you need to be somewhat known or a decent player.

Westbrook is a wack dunker, ingame hes nice, contest no way. Rose would kill him.
Tired of these guys like Rudy Fernandez, Gerald Wallace (fell off dunking wise) and Shannon Brown. Theyre not contest guys and just waste attempts.
Shannon was ill in highschool and shows up like that to the sdc???

Back
Top Bottom