Why does Jordan Brand screws up with the OG colorways?

I wonder why JB cannot retro the AJ OG colorways like they did in 1999, 2000 and 2001?
Also the 2003 AJ 12 retros in black/white and black/red were still OK, where i only disliked the plastic laceloops and the thin leather on the sides.

Somehow the AJ 11 and AJ 7 retros seem however look quite authentic to the OG releases, only differs in some shapes and colortones (OG's 

have less glossy paintjobs on the AJ 7 and 9).

Then the AJ 13 retros look off when looking on them from the top compared to the OG's and they feel much much stiffer too.

The AJ3 white/cements have a very glossy upper leather which made it look strange.

Now the current samples of the AJ 3 black/cements and AJ 10 white/black-varsity reds are causing uproar again

and i wonder why JB must cause such nonsense changes to such classic styled Air Jordans.

They can release more retro+ colorways if they want, that's OK, but if they release an OG colorway, then they should

keep the same coloring!

I wonder why JB cannot retro the AJ OG colorways like they did in 1999, 2000 and 2001?
Also the 2003 AJ 12 retros in black/white and black/red were still OK, where i only disliked the plastic laceloops and the thin leather on the sides.

Somehow the AJ 11 and AJ 7 retros seem however look quite authentic to the OG releases, only differs in some shapes and colortones (OG's 

have less glossy paintjobs on the AJ 7 and 9).

Then the AJ 13 retros look off when looking on them from the top compared to the OG's and they feel much much stiffer too.

The AJ3 white/cements have a very glossy upper leather which made it look strange.

Now the current samples of the AJ 3 black/cements and AJ 10 white/black-varsity reds are causing uproar again

and i wonder why JB must cause such nonsense changes to such classic styled Air Jordans.

They can release more retro+ colorways if they want, that's OK, but if they release an OG colorway, then they should

keep the same coloring!

Sad to say but my guess would be because JB knows people will more than likely purchase the shoe just because of the name behind it. I've been hearing people say they'd cop the blk/cement III releasing later this year EVEN if it was made with that ashy larry material, so just goes to show... 
ohwell.gif

Sad to say but my guess would be because JB knows people will more than likely purchase the shoe just because of the name behind it. I've been hearing people say they'd cop the blk/cement III releasing later this year EVEN if it was made with that ashy larry material, so just goes to show... 
ohwell.gif

Most people will eat up whatever JB serves them so why should they bother? I just learned to distance myself from most of the JB releases now. Most of them don't even catch my attention anymore for that same reason that they have to find a way to screw things up.

Most people will eat up whatever JB serves them so why should they bother? I just learned to distance myself from most of the JB releases now. Most of them don't even catch my attention anymore for that same reason that they have to find a way to screw things up.

^its really hit and miss with the newer stuff.

i personally like the new 3's that they have been dropping. they really do look solid and well built, very comfy also IMO.

you could look at it like they make minor changes to differentiate between og and retro. you want the og look and feel go get the og. with that being said we all know that most originals aren't in wearable condition, so i don't know what to tell you about all that haha. i really just think its "updated" versions of the same shoe.. change a little something here and there and give us something to complain about
mad.gif
. they take out "nike air" and slap "jordan" because jordan always wanted separate himself from the nike brand. kinda disappointing when they know what real sneakerheads want. kids these days could care less though.. 

^its really hit and miss with the newer stuff.

i personally like the new 3's that they have been dropping. they really do look solid and well built, very comfy also IMO.

you could look at it like they make minor changes to differentiate between og and retro. you want the og look and feel go get the og. with that being said we all know that most originals aren't in wearable condition, so i don't know what to tell you about all that haha. i really just think its "updated" versions of the same shoe.. change a little something here and there and give us something to complain about
mad.gif
. they take out "nike air" and slap "jordan" because jordan always wanted separate himself from the nike brand. kinda disappointing when they know what real sneakerheads want. kids these days could care less though.. 

WE (COLLECTORS) are not the majority of the market....people who don't care about quality/ cws for that matter and as Gentry said just gobble everything JB puts out. JB knows about us, but they do not care simply they have this exploitable market of people usually HS kids (NON collectors, people not on NT etc) whom they can take advantage of while screwing us over with weird changes to classic cws and low quality. I don't think the changes they make are done on purpose, but just are them 'messing around' with cws whether it be changing a shade of red or a midsole color or even a material change as on Black/ Red XIIs....BUT the quality is clearly for money. If I can make something for less money and still have it sell then I will. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT... that is most likely JB's model and they have been taking full advantage of it with this exploitable market I described above......ONCE AGAIN....COLLECTORS ARE NOT THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS, INSTEAD PEOPLE WHO BUY BUY BUY AND DONT CARE ABOUT QUALITY ARE JORDAN'S MAIN CONSUMER.

WE (COLLECTORS) are not the majority of the market....people who don't care about quality/ cws for that matter and as Gentry said just gobble everything JB puts out. JB knows about us, but they do not care simply they have this exploitable market of people usually HS kids (NON collectors, people not on NT etc) whom they can take advantage of while screwing us over with weird changes to classic cws and low quality. I don't think the changes they make are done on purpose, but just are them 'messing around' with cws whether it be changing a shade of red or a midsole color or even a material change as on Black/ Red XIIs....BUT the quality is clearly for money. If I can make something for less money and still have it sell then I will. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT... that is most likely JB's model and they have been taking full advantage of it with this exploitable market I described above......ONCE AGAIN....COLLECTORS ARE NOT THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS, INSTEAD PEOPLE WHO BUY BUY BUY AND DONT CARE ABOUT QUALITY ARE JORDAN'S MAIN CONSUMER.

They make subtle changes in the retro versions because they want to secure the integrity of the originals. At least that's the BS response that Jordan Brand has put out. In reality, they use the cheapest materials to generate profit. If the people bite, why not? They've become the corporation of an elitist. In the old days they were about building MJ's reputation through a sneaker and giving quality products but now that his legendary status is intact, all they're doing is moving off of the momentum that we created throughout the last 26 years. As spectacular as the lines are when a major release is at hand, we as the consumer won't form the same lines to tell JB what we want. It's because everyone is selfish and just wants the shoes. I don't blame anyone because I just want the shoes too but something has to happen from us so we get what we want. Unfortunately, if we speak out there's always some kid behind us that doesn't give a crap and will buy anything with a jumpman on it.

They make subtle changes in the retro versions because they want to secure the integrity of the originals. At least that's the BS response that Jordan Brand has put out. In reality, they use the cheapest materials to generate profit. If the people bite, why not? They've become the corporation of an elitist. In the old days they were about building MJ's reputation through a sneaker and giving quality products but now that his legendary status is intact, all they're doing is moving off of the momentum that we created throughout the last 26 years. As spectacular as the lines are when a major release is at hand, we as the consumer won't form the same lines to tell JB what we want. It's because everyone is selfish and just wants the shoes. I don't blame anyone because I just want the shoes too but something has to happen from us so we get what we want. Unfortunately, if we speak out there's always some kid behind us that doesn't give a crap and will buy anything with a jumpman on it.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

amazing response.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

amazing response.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

amazing response.
+1  well said

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

amazing response.
+1  well said

Originally Posted by Aqua 8s

ohwell.gif
Lol @ the ashy larry reference.

Originally Posted by Aqua 8s

ohwell.gif
Lol @ the ashy larry reference.

True, BUT once again, the majority of people who by the shoes ARE NOT COLLECTORS....So even if ALL of us (Collectors/ people who care about quality, people on NT, and the other site etc) stopped buying, there'd always be some dumb kid waiting to buy. Even if every Jordan COLLECTOR stopped boycotted, the shoes would still sell, simply because WE ARE NOT THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS....I still don't know why some you guys don't get this. Go to any HS and look at the people who wear Jordans, go and ask them about paint chipping or even simply when the shoe originally came out. I can almost bet that they won't know what you are talking about....Its this kind of person that are mostly buying Jordans, NOT US.

True, BUT once again, the majority of people who by the shoes ARE NOT COLLECTORS....So even if ALL of us (Collectors/ people who care about quality, people on NT, and the other site etc) stopped buying, there'd always be some dumb kid waiting to buy. Even if every Jordan COLLECTOR stopped boycotted, the shoes would still sell, simply because WE ARE NOT THE MAIN CONSUMER OF JORDANS....I still don't know why some you guys don't get this. Go to any HS and look at the people who wear Jordans, go and ask them about paint chipping or even simply when the shoe originally came out. I can almost bet that they won't know what you are talking about....Its this kind of person that are mostly buying Jordans, NOT US.

Back
Top Bottom