Why does Iverson always wear that sleeve?

I heard 2 things-

He had an injury to his elbow & had surgery on it (on his shooting arm) & wore it then & ever since.

He has inappropriate tattoos that have to be covered up.

Someone told me about the tat thing too, but when he first wore it the analyst told the viewers it was because of an injury.

Melo and many others wear the sleeve as well.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

WHY DOES RICHARD HAMILTON STILL WEAR HIS FACEMASK?

if he breaks his nose again (it'll be the third time) then he would need major reconstructive surgery on it.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

if he breaks his nose again (it'll be the third time) then he would need major reconstructive surgery on it.

ok. so why does he wear the headband OVER the mask?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I heard 2 things-

He had an injury to his elbow & had surgery on it (on his shooting arm) & wore it then & ever since.

BECAUSE HE HAS A TATOO THAT SAYS "F THE WHITE MAN" MY OLD HISTORY TEACHER PLAY AGAINST HIM AND SEENIT

He wears it like 90 percent of the other followers who wear em.......for looks.

Gotta have the headband, baller bands, arm sleeves, etc.

But Thank god we're out of this stage:

AllenIverson_600_060225.jpg

Its a compression sleeve, it serves a purpose

As far as covering a tat, I dont know

Originally Posted by here 4 tha kickz

um because even before the mask he always used to wear a headband.

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I heard 2 things-

BECAUSE HE HAS A TATOO THAT SAYS "F THE WHITE MAN" MY OLD HISTORY TEACHER PLAY AGAINST HIM AND SEEN IT

laugh.gif

Allen Iverson tattoos:

Neck: right side: "Ra Boogie" and "Loyalty" (in chinese) / left side: CT for "Cru Thik"

Right arm: "Hold My Own", Soldier, Panther, Cru Thik, Jewelz, Bad Newz, Belief (symbol), VA's finest .
Left arm: "Only the Strong Survive", "The Answer with Bulldog", "Cru Thik", "Dynasty Raider", Strength (in Tibetan), Fear No One and "NBN"

Torso: Tiaura (daughter), Deuce (son), Tawanna (wife), Praying hands surrounded by his mothers and grandmothers initials

Right leg: Cru Thik

Left leg: East End (of Newport News)
"The Answer" is the first tattoo Allen got while playing at Georgetown. "Cru Thik" is the name of Iverson's record company.

http://www.internationalbasketball.com/tattoos-alleniverson.html

I dont think its because of the Tattoos
tattoosalleniversoncovers1.jpg

tattoosalleniversonarticles1.jpg

6923ebc1056243cea61f40bf61fe7650-getty-80327530dp025_los_angeles_l.jpg

There is a video out there somewhere, where his trainer or someone says he wears it because of a problem around his elbow.

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

last i checked the purpose of the headband was to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes. so why put it OVER the face mask.

yeah it was for his elbow, he hurt it way back when

he used to wear a small one, like less than a foot long. then it just got bigger until it covers his whole arm

maybe it got longer to cover the black panther tat?

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

last i checked the purpose of the headband was to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes. so why put it OVER the face mask.

He wears it for the same reason people wear baller bands

He wears the mask permanently since he broke his nose many times. His headband, I think is just for style.

Kookcle:
Allen Iverson tattoos:

Neck: right side: "Ra Boogie" and "Loyalty" (in chinese) / left side: CT for "Cru Thik"

Right arm: "Hold My Own", Soldier, Panther, Cru Thik, Jewelz, Bad Newz, Belief (symbol), VA's finest.
Left arm: "Only the Strong Survive", "The Answer with Bulldog", "Cru Thik", "Dynasty Raider", Strength (in Tibetan), Fear No One and "NBN"

Torso: Tiaura (daughter), Deuce (son), Tawanna (wife), Praying hands surrounded by his mothers and grandmothers initials

Right leg: Cru Thik

Left leg: East End (of Newport News)
"The Answer" is the first tattoo Allen got while playing at Georgetown. "Cru Thik" is the name of Iverson's record company.

http://www.internationalbasketball.com/tattoos-alleniverson.html

'VA's Finest'? Dude's from Virginia? Never knew that.

Back
Top Bottom