Why does Iverson always wear that sleeve?

And I heard that RIP wears the facemask PARTIALLY to protect his nose from major reconstruction (in the event that it gets broken again), and PARTIALLY out ofsuperstition.

And I've never heard that Iverson wears an arm sleeve to hide a tat. A friend of mine let me use his leg sleeve once. I never complained about playersusing them before then, and I definitely never have since. Of all the ridiculous-looking things NBAers don (headbands, facemasks, finger sleeves, wristbands,arm sleeves, leg sleeves, baller bands, compression shirts, shoulder pads, thigh pads, etc.), I can personally vouch for the practicality of wearing a legsleeve. That thing was like magic. If it weren't so ridiculous looking (and if I knew I wouldn't get sarcastically called 'Iverson' or'Kobe'), I'd own one for each leg.

So I imagine that an arm sleeve is equally beneficial/comfortable.

a.i. is a trend-setter with the sleeve. i remember when a.i. rocked the sleeve, "the answer" wrist band on his elbow, the wwjd braclets, and EVEN the#3 FINGER bands!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i used to be obsessed with a.i. back then

No idea about the A.I sleeve, but I've got another theory about Rip wearing the headband over the facemask. Watched the Pistons-Sixers Game 3? anyway, thefirst one after mcdyess broke his nose...saw just before the game RIP putting on the mask. The headband goes right over one of the straps, which looked like itcould easily be pulled off accidently otherwise.

Just a thought

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

a.i. is a trend-setter with the sleeve. i remember when a.i. rocked the sleeve, "the answer" wrist band on his elbow, the wwjd braclets, and EVEN the #3 FINGER bands!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you? obsessed with someone? I find that hard to believe

Originally Posted by kmaclive

No idea about the A.I sleeve, but I've got another theory about Rip wearing the headband over the facemask. Watched the Pistons-Sixers Game 3? anyway, the first one after mcdyess broke his nose...saw just before the game RIP putting on the mask. The headband goes right over one of the straps, which looked like it could easily be pulled off accidently otherwise.

Just a thought

that helps as well but thats not the reason he wears it, like i said earlier hes been wearing a headband for a long time, he would look weird without it.

I never said "I thought he was from _______." I just said that I didn't know he was from VA.

I also don't know where Jason Kidd is from. Or Dwight Howard. Or Ron Artest, Chris Paul, Derek Fisher (Arkansas?), Josh Howard, Shaq (Louisiana?), VinceCarter, T-Mac, Josh Childress, Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, Monta Ellis, Jason Kapono, Brian Scalabrine, Kevin Garnett (Chicago?), Ben Wallace, Josh Smith, RayAllen, Deron Williams, James Posey, Chris Bosh, Ronny Turiaf, Al Horford, Gary Payton (Oakland?), Dominique, Daniel Gibson, Gilbert Arenas, Chauncey Billups,Trevor Ariza, Kenyon Martin... do I need to go on?
laugh.gif

I don't keep running logs of player's hometowns, home states, or really anything about them. I don't know how I even know Lamar is from RhodeIsland. Probably because he's the only athlete Ive ever heard of from R.I.
laugh.gif

So... no, I didn't know where Iverson was from. It's not that I had a thought that he was from here or from there.

Now I know he's from VA.

Got it.

I'll be sure to get it tatted on the back of my eyelids now 'Iverson = VA's finest'
smile.gif

laugh.gif

I can already see the keystrokes being made to form the question 'Damn, ska... u madd?'
laugh.gif

Wow, didn't know he was from VA? Never noticed any of the tats, or heard him say anything, or heard any of the high school stories?

The sleeve has nothing to do w/ tats.

No, I never noticed any of his tats. Mainly because I don't care.
laugh.gif
Not that I hate him or his tats (I've always been an Iverson fan). I've justnever paid attention to them.

With all of the tats in the NBA, I can probably name... 4 of them.

Let's see...

- LeBron's 'CHOSEN ONE'; I know this one because the freaking thing is like a mural
laugh.gif

- Kobe's 'princess' tat with his wife's name; I know this because when I think of her and the rape trial, I think of two things that happenedafter it all settled: the rock he got her, and the tat he got on himself
- the little boy's face on Kenyon Martin's arm; I know this one because I've always wondered who that was. I've always thought maybe it wassomeone in his family that died young r something, like a little brother or cousin or something
- Shaq's Superman 'S'

And now 'VA's finest'.

And no... I've never heard him mention where he's from in interviews. Mainly because I don't really pay attention to interviews. They all say thesame thing. 'We played hard. We really gutted this one out. This really showed our character. I'm just proud of my teammates. I hope he's our coachnext year; he really knows the game and we all respect him. Yes, I really regret that incident at the club and I apologize to my fans. We're really lookingforward to the game tomorrow. It's always tough playing in hostile environment. No, that call didn't really bother me, because it really could havegone either way.' Screw the pre-game, post-game, halftime, end-of-quarter, day-before, day-after, pre-scrimmage, pre-shower, post-lunch, pre-snackinterviews.

Know what I mean?

In related news, I also have no idea what the preferred shampoo + conditioner combo is among some of the more elite athletes in the league. Again, because Idon't care.
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Honestly, all I care about in sports... is the game.
smile.gif

P.S. I see you, Verdykt.
laugh.gif

Iverson was the first to wear that sleeve.

He first wore it because of an elbow injury against the Bulls.

He still wears it now either because of to keep his arm warm or for style?

Originally Posted by Mebo03

a.i. is a trend-setter with the sleeve. i remember when a.i. rocked the sleeve, "the answer" wrist band on his elbow, the wwjd braclets, and EVEN the #3 FINGER bands!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you? obsessed with someone? I find that hard to believe
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

man word up,he was that dude
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my man revolutionized the game

YO! Honestly, ska I can't believe that. I'm a weirdo when it comes to "insignificant" facts and sometimes it's hard for me to remembervery few people are like me. For instance, I got into it with my "girl" because she asked me whether or not Tiger Woods was close to his Dad?
eek.gif

And since you mentioned them... KG's definitely NOT from Chicago. He's from Mauldin, South Carolina. And Chris Paul is fromWinston-Salem, North Carolina.
glasses.gif
DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Honestly, ska I can't believe that. I'm a weirdo when it comes to "insignificant" facts and sometimes it's hard for me to remember very few people are like me. For instance, I got into it with my "girl" because she asked me whether or not Tiger Woods was close to his Dad?
eek.gif

And since you mentioned them... KG's definitely NOT from Chicago. He's from Mauldin, South Carolina. And Chris Paul is from Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
glasses.gif
DF!!!

As is Josh Howard.

When Bubba Chuck first started wearing the compression sleeve it had a pad for his elbow which was suppose to help his bursitis on his elbow. He wore it somuch that he started to wear it out of comfort and habit.

RIP's face mask is kinda the same way. He has to wear it because if he breaks his nose again then he would have to retire because of the severity of theprevious breaks and RIP has stated that he has become so use to having it on that if he doesn't wear it he just can't play. I know that a couple yearsback he tried playing with out the mask and went back to wearing it because he was so use to wearing it.

Back
Top Bottom