Why do we NEED to put the toilet seat down?

B/c we weren't the ones who put it up in the first place.

Are some people "so lazy" that they can't put it down either?

I guess with many women, the expected standard is that the toilet seat be left down.

I grew up with only a brother, and we had a bathroom that we shared. For the most part, the toilet seat was always up, and I never had a single complaintabout it.

When I started dating my wife, it was a bad habit that I slowly had to break. She grew up with a brother, and had a household rule that toilet seats arealways left down (probably one of her mom's dumb rules). There were so many times that she sat down without the seat down, and so many ensuing arguments,that it seriously became easier to just put the seat down then to get into an argument over something so petty. Yes, it would be easier if women would justlook down before they sat, but they can be stubborn and irrational and it's easier just to placate them.

As for the person who pees with the seat down, I'd rather not have to deal with splash back onto the seat.

In the future, so this is a complete non issue, I would love to just get a urinal installed in the bathrooms around my house.

Originally Posted by Elocin023

Because it's nasty.

Flushing with the toilet seat up/not covered=
sick.gif

Everything gets sprayed with bacteria.

Originally Posted by cuppiecakie

Are most women too lazy to look at the seat and put it down themselves?
wink.gif

Some of you make a valid point.

i mean how can you just sit down on the toilet and not even look to make sure the seat is down?

What kind of risk-taking adventure is that?

its like "im just gonna sit down, that seat BETTER be down."

what kind of mentality is that?
laugh.gif

I fell in one time
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I had to take a %@#@ real bad. Luckily my buns didn't touch the water
sick.gif

So I try to put the seat down. Only thing is my dad stay pissin w/o putting the seat up gettin piss all on the damn seat
mad.gif
I aint tryin to get piss all onmy inner thigh cause of his lazy @@#...

My sisters don't stay at home anymore so there's no more females to worry about the issue.

if a guy comes to my apartment and uses my toilet, i would prefer that they do put the seat back down and when i go to their apartment i put the seat back upafter. it's not really that serious but i think sometimes us girls are so used to the seat being down already we'll run and sit down and almost fallin, which is why we make such a fuss about it.

Originally Posted by babyteez

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I've heard people say they almost fell in at night because their BOYFRIEND left the seat up.

on more than one occasion
laugh.gif
wet toilet butt isnt fun
pics of said wet toilet butt? so long as you're legal that is.

Originally Posted by pip777

wink.gif

Again, are most men too lazy to do it themselves dear? Like when I have to leave a post it note on the toliet for you? Shouldn't have to do that. You canat least put the lower lid down for crying out loud.

When I get told this by my girl, my response is always "why can't you just give it a quick look before you sit on the toilet?"

I never get a real response. It usually just goes back to me having to always put the seat back down.

I don't get it, i walk in the bathroom with my eyes on the target. %@!@ i've fell in before, but i didn't blame anyone else but myself.

wink.gif

Again, are most men too lazy to do it themselves dear? Like when I have to leave a post it note on the toliet for you? Shouldn't have to do that. You can at least put the lower lid down for crying out loud.
Again you have two hands...............you can do it too. Step it up.
laugh.gif

theoretically speaking:

its easier for females to put it down while sitting (in one flowing motion).

For us we have to put it down by bending our back and putting immense pressure and tension our lower backs then bend back up to leak.

Props to OP, Ive always wanted to speak on it.

i hate when they complain.....i put that +#!% just CAUSE i dont wanna pee on it.....and they still think its dirty.....DIY

wink.gif

Again, are most men too lazy to do it themselves dear? Like when I have to leave a post it note on the toliet for you? Shouldn't have to do that. You can at least put the lower lid down for crying out loud.
Again you have two hands...............you can do it too. Step it up.
laugh.gif
Again, you have two hands. You can do it in the first place. It's my bathroom, therefore I want it down. Plain and simple. We've alreadydiscussed this.

Back
Top Bottom