Why do so many of ya fall victim to da Halo Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
allow me to translate:
simply because a brand is considered a leader in one arena, it does not mean that the popularity/cool points garnered from that one product will translate to other products from that particular company.
example:
timberland boots: official
timberland jeans: not so much

this as well, ill rep u when its unlocked again.

but everything by Nike and Jordan is cool (sarcasm) >D

then you never been warm. 8) , try one on next time u hit modells or something, there's a reason they can charge what they charge and no one will blink,

their kicks though... neggiez

nike therma-fit hoodies>
pssh u aint low homie, i got those in flavas too :pimp:

:nerd:

What the **** are you talking bout?

allow me to translate:

simply because a brand is considered a leader in one arena, it does not mean that the popularity/cool points garnered from that one product will translate to other products from that particular company.

example:

ok now i get it :lol: i agree with ninja. i've generally felt that way when i see shoes made by north face or ralph lauren. (north face prolly gives u that lifetime warranty tho so...)

even better example (maybe)

CAT-ShoesCAT-Boots-Golden-15410_04_LRG.jpg

caterpillar-e-series-backhoe.jpeg

I think he's speaking on people buying items of lesser quality from high end companies just because of the name.. but he uses champion as an example so I might be wrong.
What's da meaning, b

What the **** are you talking bout?

allow me to translate:

example:

Thank ya'll both for explaining

Lulz @ a champion hoody being "da piff" them hoodies looking like a wizards hat sometimes :x

ok now i get it
laugh.gif
i agree with ninja. i've generally felt that way when i see shoes made by north face or ralph lauren. (north face prolly gives u that lifetime warranty tho so...)

even better example (maybe)

CAT-ShoesCAT-Boots-Golden-15410_04_LRG.jpg

caterpillar-e-series-backhoe.jpeg
catarpillar boots go hard on the job site! That steel toe, oil resistant goodness...don't hate.

Last edited:
but they are eternal.
When I see older guys my age and up (25-27+)  wearing either I usually rule them out as non-productive members of society, I'm usually right. 
That's like Barrack wearing Air-Yeezys and a leather kilt to an UN meeting. 

No judgement about their character just stating facts.

nah, buddy was saying that the boots are official and the machines not so much.

i keed, i keed

but they are eternal.

When I see older guys my age and up (25-27+)  wearing either I usually rule them out as non-productive members of society, I'm usually right. 

That's like Barrack wearing Air-Yeezys and a leather kilt to an UN meeting. 

No judgement about their character just stating facts.

i get what you mean.........kinda. but i think the barrack comparison is a bit off. simply because timbs and hoodies have been in effect for 20+ years and have essentially become a staple of the urban eastcoaster's dress code. yeezys and leather skirts are a new phenomenon for the fashion forward set and it hasn't really bled into the mainstream to show if it is gonna to stay around.

i get what you mean.........kinda. but i think the barrack comparison is a bit off. simply because timbs and hoodies have been in effect for 20+ years and have essentially become a staple of the urban eastcoaster's dress code. yeezys and leather skirts are a new phenomenon for the fashion forward set and it hasn't really bled into the mainstream to show if it is gonna to stay around.
Kilts have been a staple on the east coast since the early 80's all the way into the mid 90's, Again even though there are exceptions, most people who wearing coneheads and wheaties in their mid-twenties to earlier forties are usually non-productive members of society. 

Kilts have been a staple on the east coast since the early 80's all the way into the mid 90's
, Again even though there are exceptions, most people who wearing coneheads and wheaties in their mid-twenties to earlier forties are usually non-productive members of society. 

kilts have never been a staple in american fashion (at least in the modern sense, as in the last century). when have you ever seen a kilt section at macy's?

even you said early 80s-to mid 90s, meaning they had a run and are no longer in favor. hence not being a staple.

but now we are getting away from the point, back to the so called "halo" effect.

if you'd like to discuss this any further my pm box is open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom