Why do so many of ya fall victim to da Halo Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's an example.

just cuz this is datpiff:

champblkzip.jpg

dont mean you get a pass for:

stride-300x300.jpg

alot ya dont dont da math when it comes to specs and just think brands wont sell you garbage on top of their dope ****.

discuss.

I think he's speaking on people buying items of lesser quality from high end companies just because of the name.. but he uses champion as an example so I might be wrong.
What's da meaning, b

I dont know if its a good or bad thing that every time ninja says something i always know exactly what he is saying.

Rocking a champion Right now.

The crew necks equal piffery no matter how old.
I remember my old *** mom trying to buy anything that was a name brand. She once tried to scoop me a pair of team Jordans.

I almost bugged out but realized shes an old west Indian...

She tends to do this with almost every name brand.

She also tried to cop me them Levis that Texans wear just cause it was Levi -_-

Last edited:
What the **** are you talking bout?

allow me to translate:

simply because a brand is considered a leader in one arena, it does not mean that the popularity/cool points garnered from that one product will translate to other products from that particular company.

example:

timberland boots: official

timberland jeans: not so much

Last edited:
Ahhh I get it.

Basically a company that is known/does great quality in a specific aspect.

But using the name to make other items that aren't great?

? :nerd:

Ehh don't really know this effect cause my fam still be tryna buy me rocawear then get it a size too big.

but I see this with jordans a lot, some of them team jordans are straight basura

jordan brand is the perfect example of this,

though their sneaks are looking like trash these day too

Ehh don't really know this effect cause my fam still be tryna buy me rocawear then get it a size too big.

but I see this with jordans a lot, some of them team jordans are straight basura

yeah but if moms came thru w/ roc a wear sneakers you would look at her crazy, right?

further expanding this is when some companies enter into a whole new market thinking they would sell based on their name. perfect example is during the 90s, when nike was dominating basketball and running, they decided to go into hockey. big mistake! i was a victim, as i bought not one, but two pairs of nike skates.

I stopped rocking cone-heads and wheaties when in like 2001-02, never owned a pair of Champion running shoes in my life. Same with Nike apparel, it's usually put together cheap and has less durability than the sneakers.

I stopped rocking cone-heads and wheaties when in like 2001-02, never owned a pair of Champion running shoes in my life. Same with Nike apparel, it's usually put together cheap and has less durability than the sneakers.

but they are eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom