Why do people take video games so seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/v/aGoB_vVmBs4&hl=en&fs=1&
Edit: Took video down because I don't want to be banned.
Cliffnotes: dude in other video talks a lot of smack.� Here's a video of him getting perfected in a tourney.^^

Really now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Makes me glad I don't play MvC on a competitive level.

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

Really now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

This is just my opinion but I think the "pro" leagues have hurt people's perception on gaming more than anything. I just play forfun and that's it. Those who take it serious are lame as hell. Get carpal tunnel and a stroke if you want.

Last night I was playing FIFA and my battery died. Son scored a goal when I wanted a cleansheet. I was heated.

I'm sure there's money involved in a lot of those tournaments so why wouldn't he take it seriously?

Originally Posted by jpap348

I'm sure there's money involved in a lot of those tournaments so why wouldn't he take it seriously?
True dudes be playing for like 50 stacks
eek.gif

Dude looks like a super lame, matter of fact all competitive, "pro" gamers are lames who get no buns

Yea there are a lot of money involved in the tournaments but this dude is just straight Ignorant "I ain't got no respect for him, i already beathim." so much for sportsmanship.

I really don't know man. I don't play video games a lot anymore mainly because I grew out of it, but when I do play I don't care if I win or lose,I just play it for fun. I think you just have some people that live and breathe playing video games. spending hours and hours playing it, so when it comes to acompetition, It's really serious for them.

lol damn they are taking this thing mad serious but i can understand since money is on the line

Say goodbye to your s/n unless you take the video down.

The only way I would truly take it serious is if a large sum of money was involved. Other than that, it should be justfor fun.

dang...thats just sad...i know i play MVC2 alot...but dang they sound like they ODed

dudes treating the game like they put their house on it or something

why u knockin someone's passion? if theyre into marvel liek that, let them do them.

dude does look like a rat tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jpap348

But threatening to hurt the guy outside the game spot?
eyes.gif
Thats OD

I hear it all the time on xbox. Kids be crying and be talking all this nonsense. Good thing for mute option.

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

Edit: Took video down because I don't want to be banned.
Cliffnotes: dude in other video talks a lot of smack.� Here's a video of him getting perfected in a tourney.^^

Really now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

- not a big gamer myself but i still fail to see what it is you dont understand. i mean video game or not its being played (in this case) at a highlycompetitive level....FOR MONEY.

....its not rocket science or a bunch of Nerds (as some of you want to use to discredit it). just plain ole competition + money = serious. no matter what it is
eyes.gif
..................get over yourself.

I was playing SFIV (i suck pretty bad), and this dude playing guile said I all I was doing was "turtling" and doing "cheap throws" (thereare throws that are cheap?) and started sending me hate messages
laugh.gif
.Funny thing is he was heated even though he won every single game
eyes.gif
. Iwas using Akuma.

seasoned vet wrote:

- not a big gamer myself but i still fail to see what it is you dont understand. i mean video game or not its being played (in this case) at a highly competitive level....FOR MONEY.

....its not rocket science or a bunch of Nerds (as some of you want to use to discredit it). just plain ole competition + money = serious. no matter what it is
eyes.gif
..................get over yourself.

Yea, I remember back in the days playing counter strike for money. Things were real competitive. I made between 8-10gs playing counterstrikecompetitively in tourneys and that was when I was 15-18 with no income. It was so easy and fun when you was unstoppable in your game.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Their just passionate about it, i dont see a problem. No my cup of tea, but i respect their love for something.

Pretty much how I feel about.

Can someone pm the original video?

Back
Top Bottom