Why do people take video games so seriously?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

Edit: Took video down because I don't want to be banned.
Cliffnotes: dude in other video talks a lot of smack.� Here's a video of him getting perfected in a tourney.^^

Really now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Makes me glad I don't play MvC on a competitive level.

- not a big gamer myself but i still fail to see what it is you dont understand. i mean video game or not its being played (in this case) at a highly competitive level....FOR MONEY.

....its not rocket science or a bunch of Nerds (as some of you want to use to discredit it). just plain ole competition + money = serious. no matter what it is
eyes.gif
..................get over yourself.
I understand that the money is a really serious issue but threatening to attack dudes outside of the gamespot is really OD like some poster aboveme mentioned.

I hate to lose at anything, so I get salty if I lose to a friend when playing Fifa/NBA 2k9...
laugh.gif

that's just how I am

its a highly competitive sport. yes sport. these are the best of the best who compete with each other and the games are a lot more complex then you can followon the vid.

anywho dude lost 3gs playing in a best of 10 match against another play he called garbage

Gaming is not a sport just like poker isn't a sport.

NASCAR is more of a sport than gaming.

its not a physical sport obviously stop nitpicking. do you even have a point? gaming contains more than enough elements found in sports. people are signed tomillion dollar contracts.

no %%@# its different from basketball
eyes.gif

man i miss halo 2 mlg. remember when i first learned all the call outs and stuff
laugh.gif
over the mic was crazyy on lockout. so much info to pay attention toprocess, react.

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Originally Posted by jpap348

I'm sure there's money involved in a lot of those tournaments so why wouldn't he take it seriously?
True dudes be playing for like 50 stacks
eek.gif

True plus he got his %%+ WHOOPED. Dude got walled and Perfected. That mess was Embrassing
laugh.gif

I just hate when people quit when i'm whoopin em. Cry all you want, but finish the game and give me a handshake....lebron

My favorite is playing some snipers in H3 and after the game oh your modding thats why ya beat us cheater.

Competitive gaming tournaments.

There are money matches on the line on the side plus tornament winnings (around $3000 on the reg)

Unless it was a money match or a place in the bracket, it shouldn't be that serious

What's hilarious is the first dude talkin all that !#*@ get's "perfected" multiple times in a related Youtube video
laugh.gif

dude im gonna speak for me. video games i do a little on the side probably once every few games. when i do it i take it seriously, im just an ultracompetitiveperson who wants to win at everything. losing ANYTHING makes me sick to my stomach and can ruin my day. so yeah i get pissed off if like- say people in videogames cheat, quit early, etc. i want good clean games and i want to WIN

When I'm playing for money I see nothing wrong with trash talk or taking the game very seriously.

I don't know about those "other" games, but its real when it comes to sports. Competition would be the answer to your question. Most of us arebeyond the recreational player. I don't see the point in playing a game if you are not playing to win.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Edit: Took video down because I don't want to be banned.
Cliffnotes: dude in other video talks a lot of smack.� Here's a video of him getting perfected in a tourney.^^

Really now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Makes me glad I don't play MvC on a competitive level.

- not a big gamer myself but i still fail to see what it is you dont understand. i mean video game or not its being played (in this case) at a highly competitive level....FOR MONEY.

....its not rocket science or a bunch of Nerds (as some of you want to use to discredit it). just plain ole competition + money = serious. no matter what it is
eyes.gif
..................get over yourself.
I understand that the money is a really serious issue but threatening to attack dudes outside of the gamespot is really OD like some poster above me mentioned.

- and at the same time we've all seen fights carry on after HS basketball and football games, and these have no money involved. not saying they are'ntOD as well but once you put money into the equation anything can get heated.

I use to get mad too when i was little, i use to tell my cousin to go to the other room cause he was giving me bad luck.

i only get heated when its some bs goal or stupid call. only get heated if someone talks tho

Back
Top Bottom