Why do HDTV's have that UnNatural "Motion"???

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

You can turn it off on Sony's... Turn off MOTIONFLOW.

I hate it for everything but games and sports...

Movies look like British Stage Plays with it on
i have a sony bravia, could you explain how to switch the motion flow on/off?
depending on your model (mine is an xbr6) you can use the options menu on your remote. most models it will be under picture > picture/motionenhancer. Sony has one of the more confusing menus out there. You can also fiddle with the cinemotion to get rid of some of that effect. The reason i went withmy sony is the samsung is very extreme in the effect it has.

it's actually better to leave cinemotion on for sony tv's because it restores film movies back to 24 frames/sec when you are watching boradcast hd.

The option can be turned off. The 120hz or 240hz is not what causes the effect. It is the motion processing software that the Tvs have. I have a 2008 Samsungand the feature can def be turned off on all sets. The feature is there for video, sports broadcasts and live video type stuff.

I been sayin this, but you got these sheep going for LCD... This feature is trying to mask the problems of LCD.

This is why plasma is king, and will always be king.

I saw this for the first time on my friend's tv, never having had problems with it myself. I thought it looked stupid.

Originally Posted by daantimpire

turn it off .... you can turn off 120-240hz in the options
You can't turn off the 120hz. You can adjust the Motionflow, or whatever some companies call their interpolation tech.

seriously, i hate this effect, especially for movies. there's a reason they pay cinematographers to work on films, and it's not to have this garbagesoap-opera effect. i was at costco watching some clip thinking "why the hell is this well established actor doing some home movie type of flick?"until i realized it was the tv motion processing

i'll withhold judgement for sports though. i can't imagine it being good though

MONSTERS BALL IN 120HZ ON BLU RAY

Turn it up and enjoy. As close to Halle as any of us will get. Stop complaining.

/Thread

mods: if its not cool i'll take it down.

Halle_Berry_Monsters_Ball_NitroVideoDotCom_015.jpg

oh yeah.

/thread

My LG sometimes has a blur when watching a blu-ray movie with 120hz set on low. Usually dark objects against a bright background.

Is this normal or is my TV just not up to par?

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

My LG sometimes has a blur when watching a blu-ray movie with 120hz set on low. Usually dark objects against a bright background.

Is this normal or is my TV just not up to par?
yes and no. playing with other settings can clean this up. of you can turn it up and it might eliminate it. is it on all movies or certain ones?cables could also cause this. try a different cable just to see. 1 in a million chance but you never know.

^ Almost all the blurays I watched on it so far.

It's usually just maybe 1 or 2 scenes for a couple seconds.

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

^ Almost all the blurays I watched on it so far.

It's usually just maybe 1 or 2 scenes for a couple seconds.

sounds like the LG just has issues with certain scenes. are they similiar, meaning they have a dark or light background? that can be fixed by adjusting thecolor on your tv actually.

remember 120hz means that the TV's processor is "inserting" an additional frame between the frames coming in from your source essentially. (whyit works more with film and blu-ray). when the processor guesses wrong that will lead to the blur or ghosting. i would try a diff cable from another source(just grab another hdmi from your cable box, game, e.t.c.) and see if it still does it. if it does then its not your cable and you should adjust your colorsettings.

when i worked with the tv's i noticed this with the early LG's. mostly in dimly lit scenes where the background is black or dark blue.

Back
Top Bottom