Why do certain members get butthurt over retro J's "done wrong"?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

son do you work for JB? or have you just started buying jordans after 06?

If you're talking to me, no I don't work for JB. And I started buying JB again in 2004 when the White/Green IVs came out. But I have or have had OG Is, IIs, VIs, VIIs, Xs, XIs, XIIs, and XIIs. Not to mention Jordan retros dating back to 1994 ('94 White/Cement IVs).

34gqzq8.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gottig10

Look at it this way.

Take a look at the cdp and space jam 09, and compare them to the quality of the dmp, and 00-01 retros of the 11s. Notice the shape diffrence, notice the material used on the inside of the shoe diffrence, notice the diffrence in comfort. Now add the fact that the retros from 2001 cost 110. And the retros in this day and age cost 175. We have gotten worse quality with a bigger price point. That's the reason why people cAre, that's the reason why people complain. I'm only 23 so I didn't buy any ogs but still retros in 01 or of waAAY BETTER quality, than new retros. It's ashame because evenshows like fusions, sixrings, have better quality than newer retros. It's all foolishness. Bad thing is eventhough most complain they still end up buying. Lol.
I don't buy any retail shoes any more foreal unless it was the cdp 11/1/ and space jam 09. But in all I just buy retros off thebuy and sell form just to get the best quality

The only shape difference is the toebox, outside of that it is pretty close. They do tend to run as little smaller and the materials is no difference at all.

do you think jb cares if a few chumps on NT arent satisfied and are trying to start some e-boycott? i think not.

Word. JB is a business. They listen to the customer ONLY when the customer helps a product sell out. They're not listening to us because we have something valuable to say but, because we have something valuable to give. Our money.

It's always about the money. Everywhere. Unfortunately.
smh.gif

Well while I can appreciate OG sneakerheads' issue with the quality of JB retros, the fact remains that JB won't change a damn thing for one simple reason; regardless of the quality, people (like me) are still buying them. Growing up I WANTED to be a sneakerhead and have a closet full of J's, but asking my parents to drop $150 - $200 bucks on a pair of shoes would have got me a slap in the mouth! Once I started getting my own money, retros were a dream come true for me because now I can knock off every pair that I missed out on when I was younger. I feel for the cats that have consistently spent their money on JB and ask only that retros have the same quality they were used to back in the day. Hell if JB were smart, they release standard retros, then a limited number of "OG retros" that mirrored the original releases. Hell, box 'em the same way and er'thang, and charger $50-$75 more for em. You think people won't buy? Look at the prices some dudes pay for OGs now!

At the end of the day JB will continue doing what they're doin right now, until cosumers start speaking with their wallets; and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Magic, why do you feel you "deserve" anything from JB? They never once forced you to buy their shoes. For you to develop this relationship towards them is solely on you.

I do agree that I would want the quality to match the pricepoint, but if I see something I don't want, I won't buy it. Simple as that.

Having an elitist attitude about how things should be done when we never once had a say in how things should be done is pointless and leads to rants and raves that can easily be avoided.

The garbage they are putting out nowadays is no different from the shoes they put out originally - you still have a choice whether to buy it or pass it up. The only difference is the slight adjustments that have been made which leads to a pandora's box of sorts being opened up between og collectors and new collectors.

That was then, this is now. There's nothing we can do about it. It's obvious JB and Jordan are solely after making profit, but hey don't have to put out any retros to be honest.
Animal thug said it best, your thread is semi-hypocritical.  And to be perfectly honest people that are not happy with the quality have every right to complain, if people want to still buy an inferior product good for them.  I still have the right to complain when its not done right, especially since the majority of the people buying are uninformed and don't know any better.  Honestly, if it wasn't for the people that complained, (usually the guys that have been buying Jordan's for 10-20+ years) this whole retro thing wouldn't even exist thats a fact.  There wouldn't be a Niketalk, there wouldn't be hyped up retro's that the brands spend little to no money advertising because we hyped these things up, we are the ones that created this whole subculture so you better believe when the brand is exploiting an uneducated consumer and using the hype that we created to continue the exploitation there will be complaints. 

I don't care too much about the CW's being "OG" because if its sick to me then i'll make it look good. But its the quality and the cheap leather/suede BS that I don't like. The prices rarely justify the materials.

honestly...if you have to pose a question like this/make a thread asking this it is for 2 reasons....1) you have no idea what it feels like to have been around when the OG's came out and  2) you either didnt take the time to really think it through yourself or just wanted to get the same people ("...certain members get butthurt...")  riled up to argue over your thread

ive gone to war in threads with dudes. retro XII threads, this varsity red VI thread, the spacejams thread, hell even the laser IV thread a few years ago.

BUT IM DONE NOW
laugh.gif

i dont even fight for the lulz or to put one person down.
i genuinely want to know why dudes hate a shoe so much that they have to troll on the forum about it.

but im good now. i've come to realize, im doing just as much harm to the forums as they are.
i will respect everyones opinions as i always have, but i wont go around defending a sneaker or try to give people the other point of view on the shoe.

dudes can hate all they want

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

do you think jb cares if a few chumps on NT arent satisfied and are trying to start some e-boycott? i think not.
 Wrong

I have strong influence on many of my friends sneaker flavor choie.... enough said

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Wrong

I have strong influence on many of my friends sneaker flavor choie.... enough said

im not sure if jb is concerned with the well known dis-satisfaction among many so called "sneakerheads" but even if they were concerned, JB is all about making money, and they will sell some stupid looking shoes if they are making money, they have no loyalty to "sneakerheads". even if EVERY member of NT suddenyl stopped buying J's, they would sell out just as fast, be just as popular, and JB will make just as much money.

My only point is that this back and forth argueing over quality is pointless drabble. I think the quality on most signature jordans is great, a select few are not.

I've been in the shoe game since '89 so I obviously had OG Jordan's at one point and I must say the quality isn't THAT much different to me because the bottom line is that all shoes will get messed up no matter what. In my case I wear all my shoes so I expect them to turn piss yellow, crease, crack at some point. And if I really really like a certain shoe then I just buy multiple pairs just like I did with the 2003 Cement III's, I bought 3 pairs of them.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

ive gone to war in threads with dudes. retro XII threads, this varsity red VI thread, the spacejams thread, hell even the laser IV thread a few years ago.

BUT IM DONE NOW
laugh.gif

i dont even fight for the lulz or to put one person down.
i genuinely want to know why dudes hate a shoe so much that they have to troll on the forum about it.

but im good now. i've come to realize, im doing just as much harm to the forums as they are.
i will respect everyones opinions as i always have, but i wont go around defending a sneaker or try to give people the other point of view on the shoe.

dudes can hate all they want
i used to do the same thing w/ my friends.
i respect what you're doing.

it really is as simple as if you don't like it don't cop.

as long as the quality is decent i'll cop.  im more interested in cws tbh

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

Look at it this way.

Take a look at the cdp and space jam 09, and compare them to the quality of the dmp, and 00-01 retros of the 11s. Notice the shape diffrence, notice the material used on the inside of the shoe diffrence, notice the diffrence in comfort. Now add the fact that the retros from 2001 cost 110. And the retros in this day and age cost 175. We have gotten worse quality with a bigger price point. That's the reason why people cAre, that's the reason why people complain. I'm only 23 so I didn't buy any ogs but still retros in 01 or of waAAY BETTER quality, than new retros. It's ashame because evenshows like fusions, sixrings, have better quality than newer retros. It's all foolishness. Bad thing is eventhough most complain they still end up buying. Lol.
I don't buy any retail shoes any more foreal unless it was the cdp 11/1/ and space jam 09. But in all I just buy retros off thebuy and sell form just to get the best quality

The only shape difference is the toebox, outside of that it is pretty close. They do tend to run as little smaller and the materials is no difference at all.
that and the fact that the shoe is almost shaped like a banana.  the shoes are not comfy at all. my cool grey 11s and my dmp 11s fit and look so mush better than my cdp 11 and space jams 09.

Look at it this way.

that and the fact that the shoe is almost shaped like a banana.  the shoes are not comfy at all. my cool grey 11s and my dmp 11s fit and look so mush better than my cdp 11 and space jams 09.
And thats why have them on your face in your Avatar right.....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

Look at it this way.

And thats why have them on your face in your Avatar right.....
smh.gif

LMAO TRUE!!^^^^^

But like I said we still go out and buy them, even though we dislike them,

just because I have them on my pic does not mean there better quality than the 01s. matter of fact when i took the pic i never compared them to my cool greys and my dmp 11s at the time. I still like the space jam 09, its just that the quality and shape could have been better

In my opinion, We complain about their inasane PRICES, ex. $175 for the new Jordan Spizikes, have you seen them, they look nice but.....
We expect that with their prices WE should get something in return, like "accepltable quality" thats it.
But, facing the facts as long as JB/Nike stays No.1, dont expect any "changes" ,people will still buy them.
Profit over Quality...
And as for 10 years from now, JB won't be going anywhere, Jordan has been retired almost 7 years now, and yet people still collect and buy Air Jordans
You can make the same argument with Penny's probably aside from Air Jordans, the most successful signature line from Nike, Penny shoe line lasted 4 years plus Foampsites, Air Zoom Flights, and etc. Penny Retros also have insane prices but people still buy them.
In the end, I think some of us are just tired, burned out, moved on, etc. call it whatever you want. 

The shape on 09 Space Jams and CDP 11s is nowhere near a banana, don't BS yourself and others.

the way the toe slopes up on the 09 space james, and cdp, make it look like a banana. its really noticeable when put next to 01 cool grays and dmp 11

The shape on 09 Space Jams and CDP 11s is nowhere near a banana, don't BS yourself and others.

the way the toe slopes up on the 09 space james, and cdp, make it look like a banana. its really noticeable when put next to 01 cool grays and dmp 11

I have compared and all it says it has a smaller toebox.

Back
Top Bottom