Why do certain members get butthurt over retro J's "done wrong"?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This thread is semi-hypocritical. Why are you making a thread and complaining about other people complaining?

It's well known that the reason we get upset is because we wait for these classic Air Jordans to come back around, using our hard earned money to purchase what we expect to be quality made shoes identical to its predecessor. It's our money. These products are made for us as people. But people have been compromising over the years especially these new sneaker enthusiastic who settle for an Air Jordan with no history i.e. Varsity Red 6. Those resemble nothing to what I know and owned. They hold no history whatsoever.

You being a 17, 18 year old might not see significant differences but to us connoisseurs, who built this brand to what it is today. We don't have to compromise. And that is why I dont. I didn't purchase the Space Jam 11's nor did I purchase the Varsity Red 6's. I will stand by these classic retros that I own now, I will run them into the ground and never look back.

So to the people similar to the kid who made this post, this brand is now yours. I don't want anything to do with it.

cosign

and damn they JB forum still sucks

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

i dont see the big deal... jumpman or nike air... its still the same shoe imo...

that wendy's analogy was TERRIBLE... lol

It was perfect, but it went over your head apparently, of course you don't see the big deal.

Someone is into self flattery.... It really wasnt too good. Its like comparing apples to oranges, what you did... FAIL

Originally Posted by solesearchin

i dont see the big deal... jumpman or nike air... its still the same shoe imo...

It was perfect, but it went over your head apparently, of course you don't see the big deal.

Someone is into self flattery.... It really wasnt too good. Its like comparing apples to oranges, what you did... FAIL

That's what a comparison or analogy is 
laugh.gif

I dont think that JB Can put out anything that people wouldnt have a problem with....Its either the wrong color way, Low quality, Or sum otha bs!! I think this should be a good year Retro wise, and i even like the 2010! When JB calls it Quits thats when ill start talkin $@!$ n complaining!

laugh.gif

Yeah and the point was that it wasnt a good one.... so like I said.......

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This thread is semi-hypocritical. Why are you making a thread and complaining about other people complaining?

It's well known that the reason we get upset is because we wait for these classic Air Jordans to come back around, using our hard earned money to purchase what we expect to be quality made shoes identical to its predecessor. It's our money. These products are made for us as people. But people have been compromising over the years especially these new sneaker enthusiastic who settle for an Air Jordan with no history i.e. Varsity Red 6. Those resemble nothing to what I know and owned. They hold no history whatsoever.

You being a 17, 18 year old might not see significant differences but to us connoisseurs, who built this brand to what it is today. We don't have to compromise. And that is why I dont. I didn't purchase the Space Jam 11's nor did I purchase the Varsity Red 6's. I will stand by these classic retros that I own now, I will run them into the ground and never look back.

So to the people similar to the kid who made this post, this brand is now yours. I don't want anything to do with it.

I agree with you that basically sums up my thoughts on this situations. Its the fact that jordan brand used infrared on some fusions and then they pretend like they can't use it again . Honestly though jordan brand is trying to distance itself from its past and rewrite its history by making subtle changes , they can keep shelling out shoddy sneakers and honestly say that its a different shoe because it is not that colorway . Its all about cutting corners with them the less resistance they get from people with standards the easier it is for them make worse products.

Look at it this way.

Take a look at the cdp and space jam 09, and compare them to the quality of the dmp, and 00-01 retros of the 11s. Notice the shape diffrence, notice the material used on the inside of the shoe diffrence, notice the diffrence in comfort. Now add the fact that the retros from 2001 cost 110. And the retros in this day and age cost 175. We have gotten worse quality with a bigger price point. That's the reason why people cAre, that's the reason why people complain. I'm only 23 so I didn't buy any ogs but still retros in 01 or of waAAY BETTER quality, than new retros. It's ashame because evenshows like fusions, sixrings, have better quality than newer retros. It's all foolishness. Bad thing is eventhough most complain they still end up buying. Lol.
I don't buy any retail shoes any more foreal unless it was the cdp 11/1/ and space jam 09. But in all I just buy retros off thebuy and sell form just to get the best quality

laugh.gif

Yeah and the point was that it wasnt a good one.... so like I said.......
No the point is that you don't know what an analogy is...apples to oranges.  So YOU failed when you typed a reply 
laugh.gif

exactly. it was a damn bad analogy. thats like saying, "the OG's had shoe strings and the retro's dont come with shoe strings" like they completely left out a part of a shoe.

a better analogy would have been "thats like going to wendys and asking for a cheeseburger and they gave you a chicken sandwich"

because at the end of the day, JB is giving you the same shoe... just with different materials...

HOnestly one of the biggest reason I'm unhappy with the quality is I wouldn't mind actually playing in a pair of retros, but with the subpar quality you're sacraficing performance and all. Honestly I bet Jordan would hate the quality of these shoes just as much as we do if he HAD to play in them.

I'm apart of the "old crew" that knew when $100+ was spent, it was spent on "quality inspired" by the best player on the planet with all the o.g. Jordans, from the "Italy" IIs on up.

Even the first line of retros (IIs, IIIs, etc.) were damn near exact to what Jordan wore on the court, quality and material wise.  And, that what it USED to be about.

So, that's my beef.

No one complains, from a consumer standpoint, just to complain. Jordan/Nike set the expectation to begin with, and now Jordan Brand has taken it away.

Once upon a time, quality was the priority.

Now, that everything sells anyway, its just good business for JB to cut corners.

It is what it is in 2010 and beyond, but that doesn't mean I can't come to a message board and convey my discontent...

I hope.

Would you be happy with going to a Wendy's and ordering a double cheeseburger, and getting a single? Should you be satisfied?

I want to know why do members of this board, expect and accept less than stellar quality and releases from JB.

Would you accept an iPhone that wasn't up to par?

Adidas, New Balance and Reebok do retros all the time, right. With JB dudes are now happy with something close. With that attitude do you think things will get better or worse?
I don't like your comparisons at all.
laugh.gif

Here is a good analogy say Capcom remakes street fighter 2 again just cause they want a younger generation to what if they remake the game and its a cheaper and easier to win you got Ryu as a girl and M.Bison as his dad. Now does this game even have the right to be labeled as Street Fighter anymore . No its an entirely different game and story its nothing like the originals and its of a low standard that the pros won't play it even though its a new street fighter .

This is the same as JB retroing a shoe and it is shoddy and its no where near the top quality of its predecessors

Originally Posted by diezo2003

man you guys are really into this stuff!!!!!!!

lol yeah.

who needs movies when you got ...
68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif

... this never ending soap opera drama

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

while I feel that retros should look similar to the OGs, Jordan Brand is doing a favor to the consumer by retroing classic models that we all know and love.
here is where your wrong, they're ONLY retroing things because its da only models we'll continue to buy.

how is a company "doing you a favor" by making a profit on something they sell? if anything WE'RE doing them a favor by continuing to support a company who

doesn't have their established core audience in their best interest?

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Here is a good analogy say Capcom remakes street fighter 2 again just cause they want a younger generation to what if they remake the game and its a cheaper and easier to win you got Ryu as a girl and M.Bison as his dad. Now does this game even have the right to be labeled as Street Fighter anymore . No its an entirely different game and story its nothing like the originals and its of a low standard that the pros won't play it even though its a new street fighter .

This is the same as JB retroing a shoe and it is shoddy and its no where near the top quality of its predecessors

If you have to go in to detail to explain it, it's not good.

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

son do you work for JB? or have you just started buying jordans after 06?

If you're talking to me, no I don't work for JB. And I started buying JB again in 2004 when the White/Green IVs came out. But I have or have had OG Is, IIs, VIs, VIIs, Xs, XIs, XIIs, and XIIs. Not to mention Jordan retros dating back to 1994 ('94 White/Cement IVs).

34gqzq8.jpg

It's kinda like when someone is telling you a story and you don't get it because you were never there to witness whatever they are trying to convey to you.

Back
Top Bottom