Why do Asians buy Asian made vehicles?

the nomad

Banned
Just an inquiry out of curiosity, but my guess is to support the economy in Asia? However, every person I see from South Asia (Hindu, Muslim etc) exclusively grips a Camry or Corolla.

School me on Asians, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Mazda.

nerd.gif

Just an inquiry out of curiosity, but my guess is to support the economy in Asia? However, every person I see from South Asia (Hindu, Muslim etc) exclusively grips a Camry or Corolla.

School me on Asians, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Mazda.

nerd.gif
Nailed it

I'm half Asian technically and I don't have any preference as long as the car has good performance and looks good based on how much I'm paying for it. I like the 370Z AND the SRT Challenger. I know too many extra ethnic dudes who only drive Japanese cars though even though their ethnicity and Japanese people don't even get along. Asians are all different, Japanese, Indian, Lao,Viet are all separate cultures, so I'm not sure why so many are on Honda and Toyotas nuts

Last edited:
I'm half Asian technically and I don't have any preference as long as the car has good performance and looks good based on how much I'm paying for it. I like the 370Z AND the SRT Challenger. I know too many extra ethnic dudes who only drive Japanese cars though even though their ethnicity and Japanese people don't even get along. Asians are all different, Japanese, Indian, Lao,Viet are all separate cultures, so I'm not sure why so many are on Honda and Toyotas nuts
That's what I was curious about, like if I went to Asia to live, I'd most likely cop an American made car just because I'm more comfortable driving one and know the parts. Naturally, if I saw some dudes in front of the convenient store hanging out standing by their American made car, I'd be like "wassup bro", "vroom vroom my guy". Maybe we'd get to talking about the differences in manufacturing or something. 

Maybe I'm just weird, but I find the beauty of humanity in subtle instances such as Asian's kinship through automobiles. For it to be a generational thing that exploded into a very lucrative phenomenon among youth about ten years ago, I just think that is dope. We're on our 7 Fast and Furious film because of the culture, and race and national pride became the most minor aspect of it.

Last edited:
support the economy in asia? :lol:... i was born in america, im a proud asian american... i dont know any family in cambodia or laos all i have is my family hear and they are all i really care about...
so why do i only buy asian cars? well they seem to have a good history with reliability.. my family has been here since 1979.. we have had our share of american cars :x .. even my father in law bought american cars because he wanted to "fit" in.. with everything that i have seen from the cars my family has owned... i wouldnt touch a american car that competes with camary, accord, civic, corolla, mdx, highlander, lexus and acura "luxury" versions of those cars, nissan/infiniti also...why because after the american cars crapped out on us.. we started buying asian cars and they run like a damn champ... 93 accord was still going strong with 240k miles until my little cousin wrecked it..

Last edited:
Its crazy how differently people respond to the same cars in different countrys.

Americans fawn over anything European

In China owning a Buick is a REALLLY big deal

In Japan Cadillacs attract more attention than mid engine exotics

In Germany Camaros and Firebirds are as cool as it gets(especialy 3rd gens)... Probably due to their love for David Hasselhoff and Knight rider :lol:

In Australia Mustangs are a rarity and king of the road

In Africa Range Rovers are highly sought after

In England Jeeps get waaay more attention than Range Rovers

In Saudi Arabia Crown Victoria's are a staple car of the elite

In Italy.... well... Italians love their own cars :lol:

Last edited:
Not surprised Italians only like their own cars....hell they only like each other....

asian people love the JDM scene and **** because its sporty affordable and looks nice + its asian :smokin
old asian people LOVE lexus though :lol:

i can confirm im an asian that grew up around it when i was a kid

my whole family drives german though i whip a bmw parents own a benz :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
What sort of Asians do you know?

Everyone in my area aims for BMW, Mercedes, or Audi. Hell, Koreans are notorious for having expensive cars but living in $500/month apartments.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you only think a lot of Asians buy cars made by Asian companies because there are a lot of Asians out where you live so you see that group the most.

Back
Top Bottom