why did finishline stop pre selling jordans ?

Originally Posted by dcortes23

I always thought that was pretty weak of preselling, it takes away from the priceless things of buying shoes. for example, waiting in line to cop the hottest shoes, or telling stories about other release dates with other people who understand what your doing and why your doing it.

QFT.

That's why you all need a hookup to get your pr's
wink.gif

Pre-sales are good but you gotta still get their early!

All shoe stores selling the JB (Champs, Footlocker, FinishLine, FootAction etc) should pre-sell the shoes. Its not fair to alot of sneakerheads who have jobs and/or kids (ME) and are not able to camp out for 2+ days. Most people who kop these jordans only get them to re-sell and the prices are ridiculous. Nike should already understand this, I'm sure they have heard this many of times before and should come to some sort of solution so that everyone has a fair chance of koppin some Jordans without the hassle of the multiple day camp out. For example like the BRED XI's coming out for XMAS. I guarantee people are going to be lined up 5 days to a week before the RD. For someone who has a job and/or kids doesn't have 4-5 days to camp due to work and child care.

Originally Posted by Daze1erz

All shoe stores selling the JB (Champs, Footlocker, FinishLine, FootAction etc) should pre-sell the shoes. Its not fair to alot of sneakerheads who have jobs and/or kids (ME) and are not able to camp out for 2+ days. Most people who kop these jordans only get them to re-sell and the prices are ridiculous. Nike should already understand this, I'm sure they have heard this many of times before and should come to some sort of solution so that everyone has a fair chance of koppin some Jordans without the hassle of the multiple day camp out. For example like the BRED XI's coming out for XMAS. I guarantee people are going to be lined up 5 days to a week before the RD. For someone who has a job and/or kids doesn't have 4-5 days to camp due to work and child care.
thanks for letting us know, 4 years later

Used to be able to do this at footaction back in the day also....miss the days where you could actually get your pairs with no problem

Originally Posted by go rilla

this has been happening for more than 4 years. SOOO YEEEAH!!!!

I guess it is somewhat relevant because of the Concord release and all the craziness with them.

Spoiler [+]
4 years though? 
roll.gif
Shoooooooooooot!

Originally Posted by go rilla

this has been happening for more than 4 years. SOOO YEEEAH!!!!

so good job on bringing back a post where the last reply was 4 years ago
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by PoLoNiKe

^^ ive heard that too...

i used to work at finishline and im still good friends with store managers and also a district manager. Basically, the whole presale process was causing manyproblems with customers getting thier shoes sold to someone else which left the customer a) pissed off or b) stuck with no shoes and a gift card with $xxx.xxdollars on it. This caused a huge customer service issue throughout the company. It is also true that Finishline can no longer display shoes prior to thierrelease date.

I think the idea kind of sucks because stores are missing out of a lot of big sales esp on release days of af1s or jordans. For instance, the Opening Day packthat was released last weekend. My local FNL still has a FSR of both colors because NO ONE in the area knew that they released. But i guess thats the meaningof a quickstrike i guess....but you know what i mean...But honestly, i think the presale will slowly come back. There was many time when i worked at FNL and aemail was sent telling us not to do certain things but a few weeks later it was back in effect. Hopefully it comes back.
The Finishline by my house always has the new releases on display 3 days before the release day... Even qucikstirkes are up on display 

Back
Top Bottom