Why all the love for the Penny 1/2 cents and no love for Jordan Spiz'ikes?

I asked myself the same thing. Why do i dislike the spiz'ikes and 6 rings so much but i dont mind the 1/2 cents? I dislike the 6 rings more than thespiz'ikes because they incorparated, basically my favorite shoe which i feel shouldnt be mixed wit any other shoe ever, in them which i had the biggestproblem with. But for the spiz'ikes I really dont care for and, like alot of people have been saying, it doesnt flow together very well. They really dolook like a shoe frankenstein would wear, bulky as hell. At first i didnt like the 1/2 cents at all, but they started growing on me. Now, i think they looklike a pretty good ballin shoe as well as a very clean casual shoe (Im kind of a sucker for neon royal blue and a icey sole). Even though they incorparated a"highly-loved" shoe in the design (foam 1's) and other classics the execution was done very well.

people on here seem to hate the spizike. but here in nyc everytime a pair drops, people are rocking them endlessly. so I don't know where the hate itcoming from.

It's just because the Spiz'ikes are too loud. The VI Tongue with the IV Lace Holder and all the funky colors. Like the 1st comment said, the Penny 1/2cent flows well. It looks like something that could be released as a Penny shoe, and is very easy on the eyes.

It seems like JB asked Spike's little kids to design the shoe, while Nike actually hired a designer to design the 1/2 Cents.

As a limited edition collector's item sneaker, the Spiz'ike would have been cool. But with so many releasing with such dumb colors, no one respectsthem. Once again, JB can learn from Nike.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Because the 1/2 Cent is actually well-done and flows together.

Yep. and they also have better quality. Even tho I only like the blue 1/2 cents. I'll wear any 1/2 cent before I rock a Spizike.... I feel insulted when Iwalk into a sneaker store and they try to sell me that garbage.

My opinion is that when the concept of the Spizike was released and explained (I believe that most people were in agreement with the cause that Spike and JBwere trying to support), most shoeheads thought that these would be a limited and exclusive thing... Not so much that they wouldn't come out very often,but rather that they would be rarely seen on people's feet. This is what I thought. So I broke the bank to get the black-red-greens thinking that I hadjust scored my first real pair of exclusive kicks (I dont have any inside hookups and not alot of cash to throw at the shoes that resellers have on ebay orflightclubny). Till this day, I have never seen anyone in my areas of past residence (oklahoma and the north texas area) in those blk-red-grn spizikes, andthat satisfies me. But, as ironically is almost always not the case with Jordan Brand, they realized that people were really thirsty for more and they decidedto flood the market. Both the shoe and concept's luster were lost likely forever. For my money, its a really creative design with a great cause, but it hasfallen victim to high demand and fading colorway creativity...

Just my thoughts,
Tate

Spizike is too tacky the 1/2 cents flows real well. Also maybe a lot of people are showing love for the 1/2 cent because of the foam material everyone loves.

½ cents are way better
smokin.gif

...................................................... They simply look better. There's a sleek, well put together look to the 1/2 Cents posess that theSpiz'craps just don't have. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Because the 1/2 Cent is actually well-done and flows together.

Thats basically it. 1/2 Cents look like they've actually been designed, whereas Spiz'ikes look like JB just took different components and put themtogether with no regard for how those components work with each other

I like both. But I can't justify either price tag. But, the spizikes have too many colorways. 2 colorways should've been enough on the spizikes, andwrap it up.

oh yea and tha spizike color ways have been wack. tha 1st to color ways where good. then they jus fell of after that

It's pretty simple. People think that they're elite or special because they have OG jordans that no one else can have. So when Jordan tries to come upwith anything that resembles their OG's they automatically get on defense and start this cult following saying that they are wack and such. Half the timepeople dont even look at a hybrid and automatically proclaim it wack. I bet you that if the jordan 11's were never part of the OG line but were instead ateam jordan that some people would say that the space jams are wack. The OG penny line doesn't have as big of a collection following as jordans do so whena hybrid comes out and people actually give the shoe a chance they realize that hey, this shoe doesn't look bad. Now before everyone starts getting riledup, I'm not defending some of the horrible hybrids that jordan has put out, but some people on here automatically proclaim team jordans and hybrids to beugly without looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom