who's your ROY and WHY

Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif
Wow.

laugh.gif
Seriously. Rebounding percentage is a really telling stat, what % of possible rebounds a guy gobbles up, it essentially tells you how effective he is when he is on the floor, and in Loves case, he gets a lot of PT, so its not like he "plays no minutes".

Dude is spouting off without knowin what he is tryin to say, Love is a rebounding machine as a rookie, Rose has ROY honors on lock, but Love is provin a lot of people wrong.
that stat isnt telling nothing that would only work if everybody was playing around the same mins

playin 10-15mins less then most people would raise your % cuz there would clearly be a huge gap between the amount of shoots taken.

just let me ask this and im done is he the 2nd best rebounder in the NBA too you?
No, I'm no fool, he isn't the 2nd best rebounder for sure. BUT, I do see in him a special ability to find his way into rebounds he has nobusiness getting. And as someone who believes strongly in the value of rebounding to winning games (I was never a scorer when I played, but I GOT boards,straight up, and I started because of it) I see love as someone who can continue to get better at it, and sneak his way up through his career till he IS 2ndbest in the league at gettin boards (No human is out rebounding Mr. Howard as long as he is in the L).

Here is a link to an article from ESPN and TrueHoop about just that. Now call this state-geek stuff, call it what you may, but someones ability to get a high %of the available rebounds unarguably helps their team. They cancel out people who play less than 20 minutes, so this isn't a skewed stat line for scrubplayers who get in a hustle cause they know they only need to play hard for 6 minutes.

Rookies Can Rebound

There are a lot of good rookies that came out of this class, but Derrick Rose is the ROY. The kid has put up real good numbers, but more importantly he'slead the Bulls into the playoffs, and maybe even a 5th or 6th seed. He's also made his team mates better, which is all you can ask for from a rookie PG.

but the topic is rookie of the year and the clippers dismal record prevents him from getting the award
This isn't the MVP. This is ROY. The best rookies go to the worst teams. There's no way this award has ever been based off of teamrecords. It might count if the team significantly improves from the prior year and you can reasonably say it's because of the rookie, but come on, KevinDurant won it last year. While, sure, Derrick Rose is the clear winner, Eric Gordon deserves a lot of attention. His averages don't indicate what he'sbeen able to do with significant playing time and an established role. Look at January, February, and March. In those three months his points and percentageswere just out of this world. He was scoring at the efficiency level of Kevin Martin in a lot of games.

Mayo fell off hard. Him and Westbrook throw too many turnovers. I think the big men in Love and Lopez deserve a lot of attention too. They've beenphenomenal. If Love got the playing time he's been getting since Al Jefferson got injured, he'd be neck and neck with Rose. He can rebound.

that stat isnt telling nothing that would only work if everybody was playing around the same mins

playin 10-15mins less then most people would raise your % cuz there would clearly be a huge gap between the amount of shoots taken.
you have no idea what that stat really is, do you?

Marc Gasol is one of just six starting centers in the NBA (Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Shaquille O'Neal, Mehmet Okur, David Lee) to have posted 800-plus points, 500-plus rebounds and 100-plus assists this season.
And after going through a tough time late in the season, OJ is quietly putting together a great month of April. In his last 6 games, he'saveraging 20.2 / 5.3 / 3.5. Of course, Rose is going to get it though.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

So the leading scorer in the class isn't even in the discussion no more? Wow

In two years, you all will regret saying this about juice.
What does the next two years have to do with anything? It's about the ROY... And it was done to Westbrook or Rose at the last stretch.

Rose gets it. His presence in the Bulls is unquestionable. However I do believe that OJ will be as good down the line, but they'll continue to use him as 2guard more often than if ever a 1. Westbrook will be a good PG later too but not as good as Rose. Rose with his size and athletism, as a pg, will wow us foryears to come.

Also Pooh is putting up consistent numbers in games that actually matter to his team; in regards to getting into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you have no idea what that stat really is, do you?

from my understanding its the amount of rebounds you grab from the total rebounds available during the time your on the floor.

if thats incorrect then correct me but dont try to be a smart %+% about it

that is correct.

but what you were saying with minutes has absolutely nothing to do with it.

less minutes does not raise that percentage.

that is correct.

explain to me why it wouldnt?

if im playin 20mins and your playin 30mins whos going to see more shots taken?

that is correct.

explain to me why it wouldnt?

if im playin 20mins and your playin 30mins whos going to see more shots taken?

Holy crap, it's a percentage. You don't get penalized for seeing more total shot attempts because you're also gonna grab more boards.

I see 10 minutes, 12 shots and grab 3 boards.

You see 15 minutes, 20 shots and grab 5 boards.

It's the same. 25%.

minutes are not part of the equation.

Originally Posted by phillypac

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

It's only a two point lead
laugh.gif
Wade only avg a one point lead over Lebron but he is still in the MVP discussion
you cant be for real wade do so much more then score thats why he is in the discussion lets see you say the same about oj

Originally Posted by phillypac

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

It's only a two point lead
laugh.gif
Wade only avg a one point lead over Lebron but he is still in the MVP discussion
you cant be for real wade do so much more then score thats why he is in the discussion lets see you say the same about oj
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
with a 41-39 record

OJ is the ROY nuff said

Back
Top Bottom