Who wins NFL Comeback player of the year?

Maybe so, but AP has far and away done what no one has been able to do so soon after a knee surgery like that. Most come back, but not like this...Not even close.
And how is Manning lucky to be playing? I know thats what the early reports were, but everyone knew he would be able to come back and take a hit. It was more about whether or not he would have the strength to throw and be competitive.
I think it's true that since Manning did miss the entire year last season, he truly would be a comeback because AP only missed a game I believe, so it's almost like just an offseason.
ppl over look this... he is actually doing something/having a season that few ever has had...healthy or comming from an injury. Peyton is having a decent good season...which is magnified by the fact he was injured...A.P. if not injured just off gameplay alone is having one of the best season for a player of his position EVER!!!. Which is what makes it so special...

I always thought of Comeback Player as a history of greatness ====> expectation of much less ===> grand surpassing of expectations

I don't think AP needed to have missed more games to be considered for it.

Can't argue with the last few posts about Peyton earning this award because he actually missed considerable time. It's a legit reason. I won't buy Peyton earning it based on the type of injury though. No way.

AP should but its pretty much a done deal that Peyton has the MVP locked up

He's -330 fwiw in Vegas to win

Brady is +1000 which is a bit ridic IMO

Why must you all exaggerate your points? AD HANDS DOWN? Really? Hands down? The fact that we are having this discussion and it being a serious discussion should tell you it isn't a HANDS DOWN situation.

View media item 185703

Actually in this world of fairness no award would exist since that means there are non-winners and we can't have that! :lol:

Both have put in work to not make only great comebacks & continue their careers, but putting their teams in positions to win. Peyton could have easily retired & AP could easily still be taking it easy & working his way back... Instead both came back & you would've never guessed they got injured. I say both deserve not only this award, but the MVP as well. Not giving it to both of them just diminishes the great accomplishments they had this past season... Neither should be overlooked.

Manning's season is being blown out of proportion. He isn't having a spectacular MVP like season. He is playing like a good QB should. It seems everyone wants to put him up for these awards because he was out last year and he is, well, Peyton Manning. AP should win both comeback player of the year and MVP. He is having a year like nobody would have expected. And him coming off an ACL so soon is what gets me. He is literally carrying his team to a possible playoff birth.

The Broncos went to the playoffs with Tim Tebow last year. You guys really were expecting less from Peyton? Recovering from a neck injury or not, any competent QB probably could have led that team just as far.

I'm with you on that. AP is doing way better than most of us expected. Manning is Manning, i think its gonna come down to playoffs for manning

I think AP should get mvp but some of you are really trying to discredit what peyton is doing just to give AP this award

Adrian Pederson is the Comeback Player of the Year and winning MVP.

The dude tore his ACL and MCL, went to the gym and worked his *** off.  He put in the work to be where he is at and I strongly believe that he can beat Dickerson's record.

No disrespect to Peyton Manning at all; he's a phenomenal player and it's exciting watching him play every single game, but like I stated in the NFL Discussion Thread..

If Tim Tebow was to go what was it is 7-4?  I think it was 7-4 with McGahee, Thomas, Decker, and Denver defense, I don't see why Peyton can't do better so I'm not surprised at all.

Quarterback league, Peyton will win both of em if anything, but I strongly would love AP to win.  People will just continue to state that Broncos are 12-3 (legitimate Superbowl team) and the Vikings are 9-6 and are probably not going to make it to the playoffs.  Literally. every game defenses know that AP will be handed the ball the majority of the game and they still can't stop him or bring him down; he has speed and power and better than he was last year with a ACL and MCL injury..

Who expected AP to be doing this much work?  Manning is just vintage Manning ALWAYS.

Last edited:
All Day should win Comeback hands down. As for MVP, AP And Brady should both be ahead of Peyton but NFL loves itself some Manning.

Peyton is now -600 to win MVP fwiw. Its over.

Don't agree, but 5 MVP's is still insaaane

:lol: I totally forgot about Jamaal Charles. :smh: @ me. He should get consideration too, but there isn't any way he's winning it.

Back
Top Bottom