Who will sell more Wale or J.Cole? and was Big sean debut a fail?

I just got into a argument with one of my homeboys......who claims that J.Cole buzz is bigger then anyone right now....he claimed that BIG sean sold 87,000 with no hit single...and that wale buzz is small and that the 55,000 with mmg was a fail eventhou he had NO HANDS as a hit......he also said that Wale will only sell 10,000 albums for his sophomore debut ..what do you guys think? put your opinion on on this...who had the bigger buzz...REMEMBER BIG SEAN was signed with good music for at least 2 plus years and only sold 87,000 while wale who was signed with MMG for 5 months sold 55,000 with the compilation album.....who's gonna sell more in your opinion?

I just got into a argument with one of my homeboys......who claims that J.Cole buzz is bigger then anyone right now....he claimed that BIG sean sold 87,000 with no hit single...and that wale buzz is small and that the 55,000 with mmg was a fail eventhou he had NO HANDS as a hit......he also said that Wale will only sell 10,000 albums for his sophomore debut ..what do you guys think? put your opinion on on this...who had the bigger buzz...REMEMBER BIG SEAN was signed with good music for at least 2 plus years and only sold 87,000 while wale who was signed with MMG for 5 months sold 55,000 with the compilation album.....who's gonna sell more in your opinion?

lol wale will sell more... we all know this... its not even up for debate... dude already known and he's wit MMG now... while j cole is still a lil _ from the ville that only folks who be online all day heard of

lol wale will sell more... we all know this... its not even up for debate... dude already known and he's wit MMG now... while j cole is still a lil _ from the ville that only folks who be online all day heard of

I think Cole will sell more cuz the label will ship more, if MMG only sold 55K with Ross as a figure head you really think J. Cole can't even sell 55K with all the people anticipating his album? Both Wale and J Cole have failed with the singles thus far so they would need a miracle to sell over 100K first week

And no Big Sean's debut wasn't a fail, "My Last" gets played a ton, he performed on the BET Awards and "Marvin Gaye and Chardonney" is buzzing now. 87K is respectable for a new rap artist in my opinion. Wiz is the only newish rapper I can think of that sold 100K plus in his first week, is there someone else I'm missing?

I think Cole will sell more cuz the label will ship more, if MMG only sold 55K with Ross as a figure head you really think J. Cole can't even sell 55K with all the people anticipating his album? Both Wale and J Cole have failed with the singles thus far so they would need a miracle to sell over 100K first week

And no Big Sean's debut wasn't a fail, "My Last" gets played a ton, he performed on the BET Awards and "Marvin Gaye and Chardonney" is buzzing now. 87K is respectable for a new rap artist in my opinion. Wiz is the only newish rapper I can think of that sold 100K plus in his first week, is there someone else I'm missing?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

87K is absolutely redic for an artists that gets as much play as My Last. It's a summer smash and he only sold 87K. 

Jim Jones could re-drop balling and sell more records. 
sick.gif

And also, jCole won't outsell Wale. Wale has a following.

JCole has the same hype as probably Lil B who only sold 1.7k
alien.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

87K is absolutely redic for an artists that gets as much play as My Last. It's a summer smash and he only sold 87K. 

sick.gif

alien.gif

my last is not a summer smash
laugh.gif

that !%%$ dont get THAT much radio play...

and most of cole's fans are gonna download his album... i guarantee it...

my last is not a summer smash
laugh.gif

that !%%$ dont get THAT much radio play...

and most of cole's fans are gonna download his album... i guarantee it...

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

alien.gif
That's cuz people buy singles wayyyyy more than albums, especially with rappers. I bet My Last sold probably triple his total album sales
laugh.gif

Jim Jones? Now you know that's not true, what's the last notable thing he has done in his career?
laugh.gif

J Cole has the same following Wale has, probably more women. Like I said he'll sell more because they'll ship more, Jay-Z will make sure of it

Lil B has never been on an award show, never been on a top rappers album, never been on a R&B single and Lil B cares way more about playing a gimmick than the actual music. Hell has Lil B got any national airplay other than his songs with The Pack? I've never heard a Lil B song on the radio here in DC, I've heard J Cole plenty of times. Not saying that his singles are any good but he still has people begging for his album to come out

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

alien.gif
That's cuz people buy singles wayyyyy more than albums, especially with rappers. I bet My Last sold probably triple his total album sales
laugh.gif

Jim Jones? Now you know that's not true, what's the last notable thing he has done in his career?
laugh.gif

J Cole has the same following Wale has, probably more women. Like I said he'll sell more because they'll ship more, Jay-Z will make sure of it

Lil B has never been on an award show, never been on a top rappers album, never been on a R&B single and Lil B cares way more about playing a gimmick than the actual music. Hell has Lil B got any national airplay other than his songs with The Pack? I've never heard a Lil B song on the radio here in DC, I've heard J Cole plenty of times. Not saying that his singles are any good but he still has people begging for his album to come out

Neither will sell very much so it doesn't matter. And Big Sean was only outsold by Beyonce and Adele in the first week, he made a solid debut.

Neither will sell very much so it doesn't matter. And Big Sean was only outsold by Beyonce and Adele in the first week, he made a solid debut.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have no idea what the ++%# you're talking about.

Thank YOU for making ME laugh though.

Big Sean debut is not a fail.

I think Wale will sell more upfront. But Cole could sell more long term.

Hard to predict. So much has to play out.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have no idea what the ++%# you're talking about.

Thank YOU for making ME laugh though.

Big Sean debut is not a fail.

I think Wale will sell more upfront. But Cole could sell more long term.

Hard to predict. So much has to play out.

^ Big Sean selling 87k is not a solid debut, not for an artist signed to such a major deal. Jada & Fab latest albums at least cracked the 100k on their first week debut.
But back to the subject, I think if they were both to drop today I'd have to give it to Wale *shrugs*

^ Big Sean selling 87k is not a solid debut, not for an artist signed to such a major deal. Jada & Fab latest albums at least cracked the 100k on their first week debut.
But back to the subject, I think if they were both to drop today I'd have to give it to Wale *shrugs*

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

Then you also have no idea what the $+%% you're talking about.

You're comparing Big Sean to Fab and Jada? Artists who've been around for 10+ years? Who have ESTABLISHED fan bases?

Do you have any idea how many radio hits Fab has had?

Or are you talking about their debuts years ago? When the music industry and sales were significantly healthier?

Major deal don't mean +%*$. Consumers don't know +%*$ about a major deal.

What you fail to realize is this.....

When consumers buy ALBUMS, they are investing in ARTISTS.

Big Sean has ONE single to his name. He is not an established artist.

When consumers buy SINGLES, they are investing in SONGS.

Sean is selling a gang of singles.

And 87k for a debut album from an artist is IN NO WAY SHAPE, OR FORM, A FAIL.

Get it?

And for the record, if you read the subject, then this IS also the subject. What you going back to?

Back
Top Bottom