Who still uses iPods & other music players besides a phone? Still buying CDs?

How did you do it? I have two that are like that. If only these were compatible with Bluetooth headphones. Don't want to tlgo back to wires.

Round my way theres an Asian mall that literally has dozens of booths that specialize in reviving electronics. I dunno where you at but if theres something like that near you its worth a visit to inquire.

Paid $25 and they cracked an ipad for me.

Still load up my classic with new music and bump in the whip. I know I'm old school but there's something I just like about having the buttons on the click wheel and not having to unlock my phone everytime I want to go through my library.

Oh and I also have the 6th gen nano, there's an adapter you can buy for $50 to make it bt compatible. Had it for about a year and works fine.

Just threw away my non working 30gig iPod video

I use my phone I find the quality to not be consistent but it's whatever

I still burn CD's, my car doesn't have the aux port and I don't want to replace it with a non oem unit.

I have a 160gb iPod classic that I use in the whip. Much better for me to navigate instead of unlocking my phone and searching through the library

160 iPod classic going strong.

Easier to press the next button when working out at the gym.

I don't stream music because I don't take my phone down to workout. 

It's my alone time and don't want to be accessible to anyone.

I still use one cause I just like having my music and phone usage separate. Recently bought an iPod classic for $80, and wish I had that 10 years ago. **** is amazing

Funny this thread came up because I still have a 160 GB Classic iPod.

It was going strong but over the past few weeks it's been acting up.

I put it to sync with my Mac and charge. Next day I'm at work to go listen to music and it's completely empty.

I'm like WTH, so I figured I might of unhooked it premature or something before syncing it or something.

Get home and it says that it's been corrupted or has corrupted files or something and needs to be restored to factory settings.

Did that and thought all would be good, but when I go to sync back all of my music (roughly like 13,000+ songs) it will sync some and then stop and say it can't sync these files or something.

I tried adding the files in parts hoping that would be better, but it's the same crap. I need to look into seeing if it can be fixed this weekend by googling and if not I don't know what I'm going to do.

I travel a lot for work so an iPod with all my music is an essential because I don't have any streaming services and most of the time when you're flying there is no wifi especially in International waters.

If I can't fix it does anyone hae something simliar they can recommend to look into since they don't make the classic anymore?

I still use my Ipod nano from 2010. And yes, I use CDs, but I don't buy them, I borrow them from the public library so I can put them on my Ipod/Iphone :nerd:
I totally forgot the library has CDs. Time to renew that membership.

Funny this thread came up because I still have a 160 GB Classic iPod.

It was going strong but over the past few weeks it's been acting up.

I put it to sync with my Mac and charge. Next day I'm at work to go listen to music and it's completely empty.

I'm like WTH, so I figured I might of unhooked it premature or something before syncing it or something.

Get home and it says that it's been corrupted or has corrupted files or something and needs to be restored to factory settings.

Did that and thought all would be good, but when I go to sync back all of my music (roughly like 13,000+ songs) it will sync some and then stop and say it can't sync these files or something.

I tried adding the files in parts hoping that would be better, but it's the same crap. I need to look into seeing if it can be fixed this weekend by googling and if not I don't know what I'm going to do.

I travel a lot for work so an iPod with all my music is an essential because I don't have any streaming services and most of the time when you're flying there is no wifi especially in International waters.

If I can't fix it does anyone hae something simliar they can recommend to look into since they don't make the classic anymore?
I'm scared of all of this. Check out Fiio, they make music players and DACs and all that jazz. I'm working with an amp from them I got with my headphones.

I had been using my iPod since 2010 but recently got a new car/cpu and decided to get into the streaming game and do away with CD's. Ended up cracking my phone at the gym between sets (wish it had been my iPod, fml).

I loved my iPod and collecting CD's like the rest of you guys, but I have to admit, having a world of music on the go for $120 a year just works for me at this point. The sound quality isn't nearly as good as a CD, but it's a small sacrifice for practicality.

160GB iPod classic was the best. Mine conked out a few years back.

*edit*

Had a few versions of iPhones, but I refuse to put music on there. I use an iPod touch instead for all of that. Touch..meh....Apple should bring back the classic.

Last edited:
I love music, I still buy CDs. I don't buy as much because there's not a lot of new music that I like. I usually download illegally and buy what I like. Sync my phone and that's how I listen.

Just left Best Buy this morning.

View media item 2489467

I download music and use my phone (which sucks cause it means I have to buy phones with huge storage space). I want to switch to a streaming service, but the fact that streaming services are missing some songs is holding me back. I'd have to go back and forth between my library and the streaming app for some songs which sounds annoying.
With Apple Music you don't have to switch apps, pretty sure Spotify had something similar but it's been a while since I last used Spotify. 

Man, this thread made me miss my iPod classic. Checked the prices on eBay 
mean.gif

For the most part, I think to streaming music via Tidal. If the album is worth anything then I'll buy a physical copy to play in my car when I don't feel like being bothered with my ax cord. 

I have an Ipod, but it's just collecting dust next to my Iphone 3gs and 4s.

Update:

Upgraded and fixed my old iPod Classic it's now a 256GB monster :wow:

Had to search hard and long, pause, for this thread though.

Will post pics just now just have to get this post back on the first page.

My music set up in the whip lit ...got the classic IPod with all the gigs that's always on shuffle , Bluetooth when I need it , free XM radio n the aux cord for the passengers :pimp:

When I'm not in the car I only stream/YouTube off my phone tho ...I don't think I had a radio/cd player in my crib in years :lol:

Back
Top Bottom