Who still uses iPods & other music players besides a phone? Still buying CDs?

Explanation of what I did:

I got the tarkan dual SD adapter and used two 128GB SD Cards instead of the HHD hard drive that comes with the iPod Classic that went bad.

I changed out the battery also because it was recommended, but in doing so I broke the hold switch wire ribbon cable and had to replace the whole thing with the headphone jack because that's how it comes.

It is not easy, well I didn't think it was that bad, but opening up the iPod is the hardest part... until you have the right tools to do it. There is this skinny tool that helped the most on Tarkan's iflash website that is razor thin and it helped the most with no damage at all. But I cut up my fingers not realizing how sharp it was, but nothing too serious.

I can post pictures of the tools I used later if you guys would like.

I got the tarkan dual SD adapter and used two 128GB SD Cards instead of the HHD hard drive that comes with the iPod Classic that went bad.

I changed out the battery also because it was recommended, but in doing so I broke the hold switch wire ribbon cable and had to replace the whole thing with the headphone jack because that's how it comes.

It is not easy, well I didn't think it was that bad, but opening up the iPod is the hardest part... until you have the right tools to do it. There is this skinny tool that helped the most on Tarkan's iflash website that is razor thin and it helped the most with no damage at all. But I cut up my fingers not realizing how sharp it was, but nothing too serious.

please do.

I still have a Zune in my car

I always grew up anti Apple. So i didn't want an iPod.

It works. Just there's no more software updates anymore. Also the headphone jack has a short. But in my car i use it with a dock.

Still have all my classic Hip hop, dancehall reggae, and other classics on it.

No recent music on it though, unfortunately.

Thinking it's time to fade it out soon.

Accidentally spelled Dr. Pepper on my Classic smh Had a warranty and by the time I
tried to replace it, they discontinued the Classic and settled with the Touch.

20170911_184231.jpg
20170911_184247.jpg
20170911_184300.jpg

finna wipe my iPod touch clean and do the same even tho i only got a ***** *** 6-8 GB

1vqqyn.jpg

I got an iPod classic 120gb circa 2009, battery is on its last legs though :frown: can't skip two songs before it dies out on me. I have my entire collection in there and it's barely half full. My phone is only 16 gb and I don't want to pay for premium streaming.

Gotta get that battery changed out though, how much should it run me?

I got an iPod classic 120gb circa 2009, battery is on its last legs though :frown: can't skip two songs before it dies out on me. I have my entire collection in there and it's barely half full. My phone is only 16 gb and I don't want to pay for premium streaming.

Gotta get that battery changed out though, how much should it run me?

I got my battery shipped from this spot ifixit.com or something like that.

But, make sure it's for your exact right iPod because things changed from 6 to 7 gen iPods little changes but still changes.

There is a part on the website that allows you to input your model and serial number of your ipod and it shows exactly which parts are compatible with your ipod.

https://www.ifixit.com/

I got my battery shipped from this spot ifixit.com or something like that.

But, make sure it's for your exact right iPod because things changed from 6 to 7 gen iPods little changes but still changes.

There is a part on the website that allows you to input your model and serial number of your ipod and it shows exactly which parts are compatible with your ipod.

https://www.ifixit.com/

Thanks man. I've changed the headphone jack before but the battery scares me lol. I'll give it a shot though.

Thanks man. I've changed the headphone jack before but the battery scares me lol. I'll give it a shot though.

What if you did the headphone jack the battery should be no problem.

But be careful when removing the battery pack because if you're not careful you might rip the hold switch cable like I did.

Back
Top Bottom