Who listens to Pink Floyd

Great band with many concept albums that are just fine tuned pieces of art.

Why do you think their lyrics get put on the back burner to their tripy music ?

Discuss

people are stupid dictated what got commercialized in this example

but anyways, used to listen to pink floyd a lot in high school, years ago now i suppose
fearless off meddle was one of my favorites - a trippy song i guess but i liked it but good lyrics too

I love Pink Floyd. I get what you are saying about their music being "trippy." I actually regard it as being on a natural high when listening to them. Echoes :smokin

Last edited:
I love Pink Floyd. I get what you are saying about their music being "trippy." I actually regard it as being on a natural high when listening to them. Echoes :smokin

Yep it's so true it's like they had so much political and social content in their lyrics it had to hide behind the all too common stoner fan base. It's funny because I used to be that a few years ago myself :smokin. But I myself woke up and lyrics started hitting my cerebral sooo hard I was like "where was I"

LOVE Pink Floyd. Pops put me on as a kid. He told me he used to smoke cools and listen to TDSOTM in the dark.

In Pink Floyd's lyrics, and even CD artwork, I've noticed a lot of Illuminati references. There was even a riddle (which is still unsolved?) known as the Publius Enigma. Some have suggested the purpose of the riddle was to warn people of the Illuminati. The riddle's messenger gave 4 instructions in order to solving the riddle: Listen, Read, Think, Communicate = L T R C = CTRL? = Control? There are some websites detailing other Illuminati hints, such as the fact that the album Dark Side of the Moon - is perfectly synchronized to Wizard of Oz (trigger for mind-control victims), and one of their song (Echoes) is also synched to Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Now, the question is: who's side are they on? Were those hints placed to "warn" or was it a way of showing the elite "we're with you guys".

Here's an interesting "coincidence" mentioned somewhere I can't remember offf the top of my head , but in one of their albums "The Division Bell" (containing 11 tracks) tracks 6-8 are as follows:
6. Wearing the inside Out
7. Take it Back
8. Coming back to Life

there was more to it but this is what I can remember this late...if you look closely to the capped letters on the begging word and ending words they form:
W O
T B
C L World Trade Center / Osama Bin Laden?
CD was released in April 5, 1994....
Well, just bringing out the subject. Hopefully, someone has more information or can FIND something interesting.

Led, Pink, and The Doors
smokin.gif
My man!

^ Dark Side is synced with The Wizard Of Oz. Have the cd set to play on pause then press play as soon as the MGM lion roars for the third time. Dark Side is my favorite album of theirs. Always thought it was cool that they went out of their way to make sure Syd Barrett got his royalties. If anyone is a reggae fan, check out the Easy All Stars tribute to Dark Side called Dub Side Of The Moon...

Easy Star All-Stars - Us And Them

Easy Star All-Stars - Speak to me Breathe

the only album i've listened to multiple times is animals..

that right there is some good trippy music.

Love em. Been listening for years and my brother surprised me this year for my birthday and brought me to see Roger Waters when he did the Wall at Fenway....MINDBLOWING

Such a great f'in band, too bad only Dark Side and The Wall get all the attention, their whole catalogue deserves a good listen. I think their lyrics don't get as much attention due to a lot of people simply associating them with drugs. Also they were active when their were a lot of great song writers who were better. As far as all those subliminal messages and conspiracies, I don't believe in any of that.

I liked what I've heard from there, just never sat down and took the time to actually listen.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=foCzlvXKWTA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=foCzlvXKWTA

Pink Floyd - Welcome To The Machine

Lyrics:
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
Provided with toys and 'Scouting for Boys'.
You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn't like school, and you
know you're nobody's fool,
So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream?
It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star,
He played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar.
He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the Machine.