Who got robbed in the late 80's early 90's?

Yea the Decepts started in my old HS. My cousins were members back in the day.
One of them got handed something heavily laced and smoked themselves crazy, the other was burned to death in a fire set by a rival gang, while she slept in a group home. Gob Bless Her Soul.
brooklyn tech
nerd.gif
what yr were you? im guessing ither 05 06 or 07. 05 was the basketball sneakerheads, 06 was the jordan, and 07 was the sb
laugh.gif

I was born in the late 70's...I was rocking an la kings starter in 89-90 and my bro a vikings jacket...my older bro grabbed us both told us one of his boys was going to stick us up for our jackets. The dude apparently told him to join in and he told the dude that we were his little brothers...dude never messed w/ us...I did get my Charlotte Hornets hat taxed in 93 by some sucka who ran...I still remember b/c I loved that hat...the color was dope! Woodside/Sunnyside back in the 90's was no joke...
mean.gif
i lived in sunnyside for most of my life from 95 on. dont really remember it being bad. what areas in particular?

one time i was robbed was when i was around 11 or 12 years old. it was by 2 girls for a michael jordan card i had in my pocket. they came up to me and asked me what i had in my pocket and i told em my michael jordan card. they asked me a trick question. they asked if it was worth alot. i said no hoping they would leave me alone but they just responded "oh so you wouldnt mind giving it since you can easily replace it"

I also never knew that when a person asked you what size you wore that it meant they wanted to take it until it happened to me. my brother gave me his pass me down 99 bred iv's and i was gassed as a mofo. a couple weeks later in the train station a older thug asked me what size i wore, i happily told him and he smiled and left me alone. i took it as a compliment. i told one of my friends and he told me i couldve been robbed. oh well.

i was a naive kid.

I also never knew that when a person asked you what size you wore that it meant they wanted to take it

:lol: Oh no doubt. During that time if someone asked you "yo what size are those?" or even "damn that's a fly coat... is that a *insert name here*?"... you already KNEW what was behind that. I've heard both but like I said... nothing ever happened.

Made me google these gangs, they was bout, thank goodness I was born in the "Teen flexxing" era.

It's sad to hear of some of these stories & in my case to be a witness to one.... Never joined a gang or anything like that but when it came to middle & high school I was good w/ dudes from all over. I never understood gettin robbed n your own hood that must have been very demoralizing :smh:

this....
had my royal blue jansport with the suede bottom "got" right in front of Grady HS like 2 blocks from my crib. I hit dude with "but my grandmama just bought me that" line >D, needless to say the goblin at the time dumped my books and let me keep them. Moms still made me go to school that day wit a luggage bag for a school bag!! :roll eyes
lmaooooo

I remembered freshman year in Lafayette HS in BK. I swear every week one of my home boys from flatbush would get picked off and stop comin to school cuz of being robbed (jewelry, starter gear, colombia jackets, Lo, Beef, buck 50's).
The worst day was of course halloween in BK.
DAYUM!!!
But thats another story.

My dude u are not lying bout the worst day being holloween.....it was so crazy back in the day....I seen so many beatings out my window(I lived on the 12th floor)....when dudes started to put batteries in socks and used it as a weapon....that was a crazy time

i lived in sunnyside for most of my life from 95 on. dont really remember it being bad. what areas in particular?

Sunnyside wasn't as bad and by the mid-90's, deep into the Giuliani-era, the 108 had things locked down...I'm talking more like the early 90's and late 80's even, so I stand corrected...

I miss my hood...

In 2001 summer time, I was 13 years old and I was a bad little kid, Always carried a knife on me because I was a little confused hoodlum. Went to the wrong side of town with my brand new bicycle in a Vince Carter USA jersey to visit a crush. Mind you I come from an Italian/Portuguese/Brazilian neighborhood, I was now in a Puerto Rican/Black side of town and those kids looked at me like I was a steak to wolves. Three of those kids ran up on me nonchalant and literally told me "You know we're taking that bike and jersey off your back, right?"

I didn't say anything, just whipped out my knife and just started to point it at them to get enough space to peace out and dip. They could have jumped me even with the knife in my hand but they created the space and backed up and seemed surprised. As I get a couple feet in front of them, I'm starting to put the strong leg down on the right side of the pedel, they snap back to reality and start shouting names around the neighborhood. I look back and now they're like 6 kids chasing me. I got on my super dip tho, no way they were catching up.

I look back at that day and I can't believe what the hell I was thinking. I may have been a bad kid but I sure as hell was not going to stab one of them, especially being outnumbered since they could have easily attacked me and taken my knife to stab me. I'm proud that I did it but god damn that was dumb.

'93 I got robbed for my 5.0 Mustang at Burger King, Some fool crept up on me at the drive thru and held a gun to my head and took my jewelry and asked if I was a baller or something, I said no and he proceeded to make me order him a double cheese burger, no pickles.  I escaped with my life thank gawd.

From that day on I stayed strapped.

what you did i see it :lol:

Born in 83 Cleveland Ohio ( east Side), went to school on the other side of town (West Side of cleveland), I was in middle school like 7th (95-96) grade got took up out of my Jerry stack house kicks and Tommy jacket by a gang of Wanna be Latin Kings. Woke up late and missed the school bus so i had to take RTA(public trans.) Caught the bus downtown then connect to the westside, A whole bunch of Rican dudes got on the bus, first everything was cool til one of them noticed my Kicks , that one put everybody else on notice,  then them famous question came out when them come out and what size you wear, I already knew what was up, The whole time these fools robbin me the grown ole bus driving actin like he aint seen NADA.

Oh since i was already close to school I went in to call ma dukes and got 5 day suspension for coming to school with no shoes on.... LOl funny now wasn't then.

Last edited:
This thread is ratchet as hell

Hate to admit it but that stuff still happens here in Detroit, mainly with buffies tho

Last edited by a moderator:
brooklyn tech :nerd: what yr were you? im guessing ither 05 06 or 07. 05 was the basketball sneakerheads, 06 was the jordan, and 07 was the sb :lol:

01'

They fired the old principal and changed the whole administration after we graduated :lol: :smh:

Wait, Bktech was a bad school?

I thought it, BxScience, Stuyvesant, and LaGuardia were the "special" schools; by special, I mean you had to take a test to get in, unlike the other NYPHS.

Applied to BxScience, Stuyvesant, and BTech coming out of middle school in 00 but my test scored weren't good enough... :lol:

From boston

I was downtown wearing military IVs and this lil ***** maybe 10-11 ( i was like 16) rolled up to me on his bike and said nice shoes, what size ? i gave him a :stoneface: and said my size and he rode away

i diddy bopped my way home that day :pimp:

I thought it, BxScience, Stuyvesant, and LaGuardia were the "special" schools; by special, I mean you had to take a test to get in, unlike the other NYPHS.
Applied to BxScience, Stuyvesant, and BTech coming out of middle school in 00 but my test scored weren't good enough...
laugh.gif

Kids that got into brooklyn tech used to tell their less academically motivated friends aka goonies about all the fly ish other students had on. Smart kids getting hot ish bought with mommy/daddy money was like a haven for the sheisty. 

never got robbed, i mean i almost got my jansport taken down here in houston(sunnyside/southpark, houston nters' know wassup) but down here there was a mall called sharpstown and when j's would release.starters/whatever guaranteed u heard it on the news, kids in any region have it made now, being a 80s' baby and people remeber right around 88-93, **** was tough, reagenomics-crack-end of cold war-rodney king- it was a very scary transitional time

brooklyn tech
nerd.gif
what yr were you? im guessing ither 05 06 or 07. 05 was the basketball sneakerheads, 06 was the jordan, and 07 was the sb
laugh.gif

one time i was robbed was when i was around 11 or 12 years old. it was by 2 girls for a michael jordan card i had in my pocket. they came up to me and asked me what i had in my pocket and i told em my michael jordan card. they asked me a trick question. they asked if it was worth alot. i said no hoping they would leave me alone but they just responded "oh so you wouldnt mind giving it since you can easily replace it"

I also never knew that when a person asked you what size you wore that it meant they wanted to take it until it happened to me. my brother gave me his pass me down 99 bred iv's and i was gassed as a mofo. a couple weeks later in the train station a older thug asked me what size i wore, i happily told him and he smiled and left me alone. i took it as a compliment. i told one of my friends and he told me i couldve been robbed. oh well.

i was a naive kid.
Please tell me your a female, because if you a dude and got robbed by two girls.....

Kids that got into brooklyn tech used to tell their less academically motivated friends aka goonies about all the fly ish other students had on. Smart kids getting hot ish bought with mommy/daddy money was like a haven for the sheisty. 

Yup Tech is specialized HS but at the end of the day its still in Bk and there are a lot of smart goons. Bx Science and Stuyvesant are a lot more preppy, Tech one of the best public HS's in the nation but it has had some gooned out classes over the years.

Applied to BxScience, Stuyvesant, and BTech coming out of middle school in 00 but my test scored weren't good enough...
laugh.gif

Tech wasn't a bad school, but being right a walk away from Fort Greene had them students that left school later than everyone food out there especially those walking in the park. I knew some people in high school that would go over to Tech just to do that.

Wow I havent thought about this in mad long, but this thread reminded me. Back in 98 I was riding on the B44 down Nostrand Ave on my way to school. I had a cuban link on. It wasnt even that long, but I attached a matching bracelet on it so that it dripped down to the floor. okay okay more like my belly button, but either way i thought it was fly. Apparently so did this group of thugs that always hung around my school. I kept seeing them eyeing me through my perifial (sp) vision. They would look at me, than look at each other and start speaking in Creole. When my stop came I got up to leave but they stood in front of the back door and wouldnt let me off. They pressed me to take off the chain. At first I declined, but then one of them took out a long *** kitchen knife. I took it off simultaneously pleading my case telling them yo this chain isnt even long look at the bracelet.. The one with the knife told me to shut up and hit me over the head with the handle of the knife. I felt a ill chinchon swell up. The bus driver got on the mic and said "yo yall need to rob him outside, not on my bus!" Outstanding citizen. I hope he gets prostate cancer.
When I get to school I get my private investigator on. I start describing the dude with the knife to all my friends that were about that life trying to get more info on who the thief is. I find out its this dude called himself Nash. He was in a gang called Haitian Mafia, and he was bragging about taking my chain. Everyone that I spoke to said Nash is crazy and I should just take the L. I kept asking everyone, yo you seen Nash? No? Well when you see him tell him I'm looking for him. I said all brash like I was a tough guy. I made it sound like I was looking for confrontation, but in reality I probably wouldve asked if I could buy my chain back from him. In a short amount of time the entire school knew I was looking for him, but Nash was nowhere to be found.
Next day in school one of my friends came up to me and was like "yo on the low, tell me the truth. Did you do it?" I was like yo I dont know what you talking about. He was like yo Nash got shot twice in the leg. Here I was calling the dude out all day and he gets popped. Twice. Biggest coincidence in the world. I never said I did it, but I never denied it either. Every time somone asked me I would say I dont know anything about that. I got alot of yambs. Bishes love tough guys; even fake ones.

Turns out Nash stealing my chain was one in a long string of armed robberies that morning. Some other guy he robbed ran into him again, but this time was packing and ended up shooting Nash and robbing him back. Nash was arrested in the hospital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom