Who else is not on social media?

I used to be into fb heavy and that interest faded over time. Pretty much the same with instagram, but I deleted/deactivated that stuff a while back. It just seems like too much accessibility.

Also I cringe when I see people out feeling the need to document everything they say or do like it's show and tell.

There was definitely some interesting stuff floating around, but it just became too much imo. Girls wanting to get gassed and ignore the hundreds of dudes hitting them with "you're gorgeous".

Plus I have no urge to post a picture of myself more than once a year.

I still can't believe the Selfie stick is a thing.

Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems that people's self-absorption is more and more accommodated and apparent.

NT is all I need.

Last edited:
I used to be into fb heavy and that interest faded over time. Pretty much the same with instagram, but I deleted/deactivated that stuff a while back. It just seems like too much accessibility.

Also I cringe when I see people out feeling the need to document everything they say or do like it's show and tell.

There was definitely some interesting stuff floating around, but it just became too much imo. Girls wanting to get gassed and ignore the hundreds of dudes hitting them with "you're gorgeous".

Plus I have no urge to post a picture of myself more than once a year.

I still can't believe the Selfie stick is a thing.

Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems that people's self-absorption is more and more accommodated and apparent.

NT is all I need.
Social networks aren't needed but if used correctly they're really good tools for communication. Unfortunately when a company provides something for free, it usually means people are the product and the internet connects a lot of stupid people. But that doesn't mean you can't filter them out for a better online experience.

Moderation is key.

I have nothing. I'm not into being accessible like that. I live a life of sollitude though.

We live in a sad, narssistic time where everyone wants fame or recognition for doing nothing and having nothing to say.

But I don't blame people necessarily because the mass of people live monotonous lives of quiet desperation.

Last edited:
facebook
twitter
instagram

Niketalk

Ya'll post all that needs to be seen, heard and read (even though some of it is ******** even still). :lol: Let alone the frauds that infiltrate all the crap above. And a friend ain't someone I call a friend anymore if the only means of contact is a status update. This country has it twist-ed sometimes.

Last edited:
My homeboy is mad old school and has never had any social media (but he has definitely asked me to reach out to people on occasion for something he needed) and he said something years ago that makes a lot of sense "the people that I need to talk to, I talk to them everyday now.

Fb became a microcosm of real life. The people that I didn't interact with in school/work, I didn't interact with them on the net.

I noticed that ig seemed to be a visual resume' when meeting someone new, kinda killed any mystery about someone. Basically all of the info is upfront,especially the people with thousands of pics/vids.

I find that the biggest losers in real life spend the most time on social media. You will not find a greater loser than someone browsing FB while they're at a social function. I'm glad social media exists though because I use it to filter out people who I deem not worth a damn. If I'm ever out at a social event and I see someone checking their phone (and you know what they're checking) then that person is dead to me.

Last edited:
Ya boy has none of that.

Never cared for it. I make sure to keep contact with the people I F with & Im really private.

I do agree that its a great tool when used properly though.

i just never really had anything to say on it, i guess...i never wrote anything on my fb wall or ever said anything on anyone's elses  

...and it felt pointless just to log in to see pics of vacations, houses, cars, and families of people that were mostly a lifetime ago...

Hell, I'm even on nt too much. I need to cut my data package down from 10gb to about 3 because as long as i have a supply, I will be enabled.

I swear I need to focus more on enriching, fulfilling activities that actually benefit my life. That was a large reason I put social media side, it was too much of a time killer. More like a time mass murderer. I need to do stuff like focus on my art, writing, working out, reading, learning a new hobby etc. Nt will have to be limited to a certain time of the day, for 30 mins only.

Deleted FB years ago. Never had much to share and I really hated how people shared every part of their day on there.

Deleted IG awhile ago, but reactivated it when I realized it's a great source for seeing how sneakers look. Still have no posts on it though, and probably never will.

Twitter is cool, but all my tweets are retweets. I'm there for the jokes, breaking news and sneaker sale info. Still don't have much to say on there though.

Btw, never trust a man who posts selfies.

Never had twitter.

Instagram for photography stuff.

Facebook usually for chat and event planning.

I used to use social media to primarily keep in contact with family/friends overseas, but with tools like imessages and WhatsApp, the social media isn't really needed anymore. I haven't logged into my Facebook in several months and haven't posted a pic on IG since 2013. Snapchat is probably the only social media I still mess with on a regular basis

NT is a form of social networking tho...

I got pretty much all the accounts, Twitter, ig, fb, Snapchat, and vine...
At this point I use them seldom, if at all...

The key is following/interacting with people who don't engage in the typical social media garbage most users get involved in.

i think you guys care to much to be honest......people always socialized you just have less "spots" nowadays due to this people used to go to certain spots in the city on certain days to see/meet people.....everything is setup through social media and as much as people post to portray a certain lifestyle // look .....it is exactly what it is ....."cool crews" posting what theyre going to do every night / weeknd without telling the world where it is , they basically just do it to crew-stunt almost like a "you cant sit with us" thing............single men will post selfies so when they holla at girls the girls have a visual of the person .....the girls will post selfies as well to get hit up and then choose up ........people will post things that relate to their family ( children ) , hobbies (Cars , sneakers , me for example different barbers/barber instagrams)..........its not that serious , personally , the people that complain or talk down on social media are old-heads.....same dudes talking about video games are pointless and make you do nothing all day but will watch movies and drink beer while eating pizza all day.........kind of like these girls in miami that tell me cigarettes are bad but take a molly every music festival , smoke more weed then bob marley , and pop xans while drinking a budlight platinum 
indifferent.gif
 .....i think its human nature to "hate" or try to act better than something/someone but im learning to not be like that , i love me NT because most here have common interests as far as hobbies , for example the jewelry thread , car thread , nba thread and music forum , instagram is cool , girls , freshly blended haircuts , cars , jewelry , basically the same thing i find on NT , be it the jewelry thread or the POF thread , just more visual and less informative....here more info less visual.......twitter is for lulz / news / girls as well..........fb is for family members , and girls that i grew up with / went to school with to link up , same with male friends ( no ayo ) , vine is straight LULZ one of my favorite apps ........im single and ima post a selfie today just for NT and the girls that AINT going to write back when i slide in their dm's 
pimp.gif

in before "ate and didnt smash" responses its monday i know what time it is 

Last edited:
i think you guys care to much to be honest......people always socialized you just have less "spots" nowadays due to this people used to go to certain spots in the city on certain days to see/meet people.....everything is setup through social media and as much as people post to portray a certain lifestyle // look .....it is exactly what it is ....."cool crews" posting what theyre going to do every night / weeknd without telling the world where it is , they basically just do it to crew-stunt almost like a "you cant sit with us" thing............single men will post selfies so when they holla at girls the girls have a visual of the person .....the girls will post selfies as well to get hit up and then choose up ........people will post things that relate to their family ( children ) , hobbies (Cars , sneakers , me for example different barbers/barber instagrams)..........its not that serious , personally , the people that complain or talk down on social media are old-heads.....same dudes talking about video games are pointless and make you do nothing all day but will watch movies and drink beer while eating pizza all day.........kind of like these girls in miami that tell me cigarettes are bad but take a molly every music festival , smoke more weed then bob marley , and pop xans while drinking a budlight platinum :stoneface:  .....i think its human nature to "hate" or try to act better than something/someone but im learning to not be like that , i love me NT because most here have common interests as far as hobbies , for example the jewelry thread , car thread , nba thread and music forum , instagram is cool , girls , freshly blended haircuts , cars , jewelry , basically the same thing i find on NT , be it the jewelry thread or the POF thread , just more visual and less informative....here more info less visual.......twitter is for lulz / news / girls as well..........fb is for family members , and girls that i grew up with / went to school with to link up , same with male friends ( no ayo ) , vine is straight LULZ one of my favorite apps ........im single and ima post a selfie today just for NT and the girls that AINT going to write back when i slide in their dm's :pimp:

in before "ate and didnt smash" responses its monday i know what time it is 

At the very least, you proved that social media doesn't boost writing skills.

yeah i know i go everywhere when i write , i didnt proof-read an NT post ......"i think you guys care too much to be honest" 
grin.gif

Now that my home button doesn't work on my phone :lol:, its all NT...

Last edited:
I don't really use fb much anymore. Just occasionaly to check what my friends are up to and chat. I hardly ever post pictures or statuses. Since I'm not a big poster I don't feel the need to use instagram either.
I had 3 dope IGs (@Astronaut, @Koenigsegg and @Bigkrit) but I sold them because I was probably never gonna use them. IG isn't as popular as where I live, most of my friends don't use it.
Twitter is the only thing I frequently check but I don't post much on that either. I mainly use it to communicate with companies since they actually respond on twitter most of the time.

Last edited:
Never had a MySpace, FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc... Which is probably why I avoided all the corny B.S. confrontations that stemmed from those things in HS and College.

NT active member since 06' doe :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom