Who do you think is the most corrupt D1 College Basketball Coach?

Calipari got the unanimous decision
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Question for the Cuse' heads here on NT....how much of Devendorf being reinstated was due to Boeheim's pull at the University?

A combination of things.

1) Boeheim's pull at SU.
2) Nancy Cantor, chancellor and president, has let a lot of players who have gotten in trouble off the field/court play in their respective sports. She has no integrity and is going to be investigated for something she did last year which probably would have ended her tenure at the university.
3) The DA will be up for re-election soon. He was the one who filed the charges against Devendorf but without giving a reason dropped them. Syracuse is a very small city (I wouldn't even call it a city) and with the way that the town views the players and SU Athletics there was no way that he would get a second term had Devendorf been convicted. Additionally, his son is a student at the school and it would have been pure hell for him.

^ I thought you lost a bet and had to retire your name..
Who else in S and T can answer his question? No one.

My friend who goes to 'Cuse said that the girl admitted nothing even happened in that incident.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Statis22

I would say Rick Barnes out as Texas but it wouldn't really hold any weight lol
100grand to Kevin Durant would say otherwise
nerd.gif

Yup, look at Rivals for the next 3 years. Texas is cleaning up on top 20 recruits.

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

My dad(ast.coach at a D1 school) knows a couple that have done some pretty grimey things..

C'mon man you cant leave us hangin like that, just give us a little info

One of my HS teammates was recruited by Northwestern and thise dude got a car, leather coat, cell phone, cash, hotel rooms, and who knows what else. And thiswas Northwestern, Kevin O'neil btw, so imagine what big time programs are doing.

Once you get in heavy in the aau circuit you really begin to see corruption at its finest. I would say Coach Bayno at Loyola Marymount would have taken theaward this year, but he was let go before he coached a game. Also, Floyd at SC is super grimey. Dudes with aau backgrounds, especially in SoCal, should alreadyknow the business.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

nerd.gif
+@%* outta here
I knew you would come in here
laugh.gif
That's just what Iheard. Not as credible as the other stuff I posted. Rick Barnes isn't clean though.

nerd.gif
+@%* outta here
laugh.gif
That's just what I heard. Not as credible as the other stuff I posted. Rick Barnes isn't clean though.

I remember how sleezy he came off in the Last Shot by Darcy Fray.

Originally Posted by hampisaboss

Bob Huggins
UC players were taken care of

Yea. I've heard first hand accounts of there being $300 cash in player's lockers after a game. That's a little more than perdiem.

I also heard that Steph was charging $10,000 to schools he was not initially interested in to visit his home. I heardthat from a former Seton Hall assistant coach, who later was an assistant at ECU.

That's all I got.

first guy to come to mind for me is calhoun. he just seems pretty shady. i dont know if hes done anything illegal or not but if he did i wouldnt be the leastbit surprised. im a cuse fan so i admit i dont like him anyway but theres just something sneaky about him

The most corrupt coaches are the ones in small towns that dont have to worry about the press. The coach i played for (Bill evans Southern Utah) used to do somecrazy crooked things. ex.) Letting mormon kids fake going on missions to get the program more money.
But in a small town u can get away with a lot more that youd be able to get away with at Florida or USC. This guy would request the answer key to tests so hecould "quiz his players before the real exam"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

nerd.gif
+@%* outta here
laugh.gif
That's just what I heard. Not as credible as the other stuff I posted. Rick Barnes isn't clean though.

I remember how sleezy he came off in the Last Shot by Darcy Fray.
TJ Ford got himself a burnt orange H2 shortly after committing as well..

Originally Posted by Princetonchaney

The most corrupt coaches are the ones in small towns that dont have to worry about the press. The coach i played for (Bill evans Southern Utah) used to do some crazy crooked things. ex.) Letting mormon kids fake going on missions to get the program more money.
But in a small town u can get away with a lot more that youd be able to get away with at Florida or USC. This guy would request the answer key to tests so he could "quiz his players before the real exam"
roll.gif

smh.gif

I was going to say Bob Huggins

But with the recruits Gary Williams gets now a days, I would have to say hes prolly the least corrupt

Back
Top Bottom