Where did you go this summer?............Vol_On to the next one.

Where were some of the places you guys traveled to over the summer? Tell some highlights,what was fun,bad, etc about it...and would you recommend to the next NT'er to visit.

Over the summer, My family and I went to Barbados for a week(an island/country in the Caribbeans). The island's beach is nice, with a lot of different fish. The seafood was average(only the flying-fish was good). There were a lot of fun water activities(which are usually all-inclusive with the resorts/hotels, but if not, they're still usually pretty cheap compared to other Caribbean places...like jet skiing for $25/20 minutes), many coconut trees, and many British girls.
pimp.gif

The only contradictions....This place was expensive!(I guess because they used to be a British territory, and still have some of the same customs/businesses). I stayed in an all inclusive, 4-star resort/$880 per night.
sick.gif
Also, it rained a lot here..4 of the 7 days that I stayed was raining(but light rain), which wasn't too bad since it made the swimming/activities a bit more fun.
laugh.gif
But beware of raining apples that can literally give you blisters.
laugh.gif

Overall, I rate this place an 8/10. And I would recommend if you like going to islands and doing water activities.
And expect this trip to be one of the more expensive ones that you'd take.

Where were some of the places you guys traveled to over the summer? Tell some highlights,what was fun,bad, etc about it...and would you recommend to the next NT'er to visit.

Over the summer, My family and I went to Barbados for a week(an island/country in the Caribbeans). The island's beach is nice, with a lot of different fish. The seafood was average(only the flying-fish was good). There were a lot of fun water activities(which are usually all-inclusive with the resorts/hotels, but if not, they're still usually pretty cheap compared to other Caribbean places...like jet skiing for $25/20 minutes), many coconut trees, and many British girls.
pimp.gif

The only contradictions....This place was expensive!(I guess because they used to be a British territory, and still have some of the same customs/businesses). I stayed in an all inclusive, 4-star resort/$880 per night.
sick.gif
Also, it rained a lot here..4 of the 7 days that I stayed was raining(but light rain), which wasn't too bad since it made the swimming/activities a bit more fun.
laugh.gif
But beware of raining apples that can literally give you blisters.
laugh.gif

Overall, I rate this place an 8/10. And I would recommend if you like going to islands and doing water activities.
And expect this trip to be one of the more expensive ones that you'd take.

I had a quick stay in the Dominican Republic. It was only for a weekend and it rained for most of the time I was there. On the way to airport I passed the beach. The water looked amazing and I really wished I had more time there. People there love to drink and gamble
laugh.gif

Stayed in England for around 2 weeks. Weather wasn't very good. Chilly and rainy for most of my stay, and that was in the beginning of August. London was alright, but I really don't care for large cities. It's definitely worth seeing once if you've never been, but I've been there multiple times. I spent a few days in the country side and saw some pretty amazing sites. Cotswold, Oxford, etc. Expensive for American standards, but all of Europe is pretty much the same. While there, I learned to appreciate the British accent, but most people there murder the English language. I was
roll.gif
at some the ways I heard some words pronounced. If you want an easy introduction to Europe, I'd recommend a start in England. You won't have to worry about a language barrier and you still get to see amazing sights.

I've already started saving up for next summer. Definitely gonna be more places and more time.

I had a quick stay in the Dominican Republic. It was only for a weekend and it rained for most of the time I was there. On the way to airport I passed the beach. The water looked amazing and I really wished I had more time there. People there love to drink and gamble
laugh.gif

Stayed in England for around 2 weeks. Weather wasn't very good. Chilly and rainy for most of my stay, and that was in the beginning of August. London was alright, but I really don't care for large cities. It's definitely worth seeing once if you've never been, but I've been there multiple times. I spent a few days in the country side and saw some pretty amazing sites. Cotswold, Oxford, etc. Expensive for American standards, but all of Europe is pretty much the same. While there, I learned to appreciate the British accent, but most people there murder the English language. I was
roll.gif
at some the ways I heard some words pronounced. If you want an easy introduction to Europe, I'd recommend a start in England. You won't have to worry about a language barrier and you still get to see amazing sights.

I've already started saving up for next summer. Definitely gonna be more places and more time.

Miami. Was suppose to got Vegas, but that fell through. Boston and maybe NY in November

Miami. Was suppose to got Vegas, but that fell through. Boston and maybe NY in November

I visited Buenos Aires, Argentina for 3 weeks. The dollar is strong there and the women are absolutely beautiful. Oh and the best part is that I fulfilled my dream and saw Boca Juniors play at the world famous Bombonera.

I visited Buenos Aires, Argentina for 3 weeks. The dollar is strong there and the women are absolutely beautiful. Oh and the best part is that I fulfilled my dream and saw Boca Juniors play at the world famous Bombonera.

Was supposed to head down to VA for the summer.. But, had summer class.

Summer '11, I'll be in the slums of Saigon..
pimp.gif

Was supposed to head down to VA for the summer.. But, had summer class.

Summer '11, I'll be in the slums of Saigon..
pimp.gif

Barcelona for 6 weeks. While I was there I also visited Amsterdam (twice), London and Paris. Barcelona is a beautiful country. I highly suggest it to anyone interested. Beautiful beaches, topless women, great weather, great food, great nightlife, and a great vibe.

Barcelona for 6 weeks. While I was there I also visited Amsterdam (twice), London and Paris. Barcelona is a beautiful country. I highly suggest it to anyone interested. Beautiful beaches, topless women, great weather, great food, great nightlife, and a great vibe.

Back
Top Bottom