When You Have Kids Will You Address Homosexuality To Them In Hopes Of Preventing It?

Will you tell them that it is WRONG?

How will you go about talking to them about it? Because I don't think it can or should be ignored.

huh? you do know bein gay is a born trait right?

i refuse to believe a dude would just turn to penis. unless he got turned out in jail.

girls can switch it up though.

if my kids are homosexual, they're homosexual, you can't do nothing about it but love 'em fully and support their decisions.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i refuse to believe a dude would just turn to penis. unless he got turned out in jail.

Fail.

Originally Posted by NinongBrown

if my kids are homosexual, they're homosexual, you can't do nothing about it but love 'em fully and support their decisions.

QFT

I didn't say it was wrong I am asking if you will TELL them it is wrong in efforts to prevent it from happening

Also lets not use the "I will love them regardless" - line because thats not what I am asking. I am not asking what would you do IF, I am asking willyou TRY to prevent it from happening.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Fail.

wait you mean to tell me a male can actually be straight and turn gay?

i just thought they try an suppress it cuz of society, but can no longer hold it in so they come out.

reason why, there are gay men who were once married and have children.

you really think a man can just turn gay?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I didn't say it was wrong I am asking if you will TELL them it is wrong in efforts to prevent it from happening

Also lets not use the "I will love them regardless" - line because thats not what I am asking. I am not asking what would you do IF, I am asking will you TRY to prevent it from happening.

How in the world would you "prevent it from happening"?

That doesn't even make sense.

I wouldn't want my children to be gay, but if they are what can I do about it? Beat the gayness out of them?

ayo.

Fail.

i just thought they try an suppress it cuz of society, but can no longer hold it in so they come out.

How can you say "It's a born trait" then say in the next two sentences "unless he's turned out in jail" and "girls can switchit up"?

Fail.

um... wat

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Also lets not use the "I will love them regardless" - line because thats not what I am asking. I am not asking what would you do IF, I am asking will you TRY to prevent it from happening.

How in the world would you "prevent it from happening"?

That doesn't even make sense.
Thats why the word EFFORT was used. I do believe social surroundings can influence the chances of it happening.

Call me shallow,but i cant see myself having a son thats is Gay at 18 years old and loving him the same way

sorry but you cant prevent it. alot of parent say what did i do wrong when i raised you? but the truth is parents have little influence. by doing what you sayu would do. you are just repressing feelings they might have and making them feel ashamed of feeling they cant control. please dont mess up your kids by doingthat.

Fail.

How can you say "It's a born trait" then say in the next two sentences "unless he's turned out in jail" and "girls can switch it up"?

Fail.

I believe it is a "born trait." Men in jail that have sex with other men are not gay. They are simply doing the most primitive thing and satisfyingtheir sexual needs. its a very sad thing.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I dont believe that being gay is a "born trait"
Neither do I, but lets try not to make that the focus of the post.
pimp.gif

Call me shallow,but i cant see myself having a son thats is Gay at 18 years old and loving him the same way

Yea that will be hard man. I know it is your son and you are SUPPOSED to love unconditionally, but that is a big condition. but lets try not tomake that the focus of the post.
pimp.gif

Let your sons play with Barbie dolls not G.I Joe action figures. Growing up I lived in extreme poverty, so my parents couldn't afford to give me actionfigures. I was forced to play with my older sisters Barbie dolls which fostered in me an appreciation for the female form. So don't give them boys to playwith, but girls! They will learn from a young age that playing with the female form is much more enjoyable than the male form.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Will you tell them that it is WRONG?

No, because it isn't "wrong".

The homophobia is strong in you.
That was a question. Dude didn't state that it, in fact, was. Anyway, I probably would eventually. I plan on raising my children to beopen-minded and optimistic individuals. I refuse to raise close-minded, ignorant children.

Originally Posted by R31J23

sorry but you cant prevent it. alot of parent say what did i do wrong when i raised you? but the truth is parents have little influence. by doing what you say u would do you are just repressing feeling they might have and making them feel ashamed of feeling they cant contol. please dont mess up your kids by doing that.
What do you think are the biggest influences are then?

I believe parenting has a BIG role in defining gender roles which CAN (not saying it always does) indirectly influence sexual orientation.

Remember I said CAN, so don't tell me how you know of some boys raised by single mothers that aren't gay.

Back
Top Bottom