When will we see an openly gay athlete in a major professional sport?

Habitual Line Stepper
laugh.gif

We already had one.
Penny Hardaway.
He was living with Jaleel White.

indifferent.gif
two millionaires being roommates.
If that aint open, what is?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

We already had one.
Penny Hardaway.

indifferent.gif
Wow really?

We already had one.
Penny Hardaway.

indifferent.gif
We all know that's not "open".
I could see it at some point though, in terms of public awareness about the player's sexuality. I can also understand why any star male athlete who is gaywould want to keep it under wraps (pause? no pun intended).

IDK if someone playing presently will come out but.......Kendall Gill always seemed a little happy to me...

gill_254_020930.jpg

We already had one.
Penny Hardaway.

indifferent.gif

if penny is actually gay
sick.gif
mad.gif

I grew up watching Penny
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

I think the day is soon. I mean if you asked people in the 30's if we would ever see a black athlete in the MLB I'm sure they would have said no.
True, but black people were desting to play in the MLB... With it being a negro league and all. No matter the color of skin of somebody. If they are good they are going to get their shot. Wasn't Jackie Robinson the 1st black baseball player and the best in the league at the same time
nerd.gif
?
You pretty much contradicted your whole point. Cant the same be said for gays?

What if someone is the best and the league AND gay? Would it matter than? Like you said, if theyre good theyre gonna get their shot
nerd.gif

You can hide being gay, you can't hide being black
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by jmsole210

rudy%20gay.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good 1. i wonder how many straight males would rock this jersey with pride.

If he was a bon(e)afide superstar, people would rock his jersey w/o second guessing themselves.
fixed.
naw but Glen Davis has to be the GOAT...crying on the sideline, that pic with the trophy..just foul stuff...

Originally Posted by therenegade23

rudy%20gay.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If he was a bonafide superstar, people would rock his jersey w/o second guessing themselves.
And getting his own shoe lines. Air Zoom Gay.
roll.gif

with the offshoot guard shoe, the Air Zoom Penetrate

billy jean king anyone?

okay, i know she's a woman and not really high profile anymore, but i guess she's a start

Originally Posted by AJ27526

Originally Posted by therenegade23

rudy%20gay.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If he was a bonafide superstar, people would rock his jersey w/o second guessing themselves.
And getting his own shoe lines. Air Zoom Gay.
roll.gif

with the offshoot guard shoe, the Air Zoom Penetrate
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess the first openly gay athlete will come out of basketball. I feel that out of all the major sports, basketball has the relatively least amount of"manly men" aspect to it.

catsteve.jpg

"I can't put it into words," he said. "Playing with a guy, living with a guy, just knowing that every day when I wake up that'ssomething I can count on, that I'm going to be in practice or in a game with Cuttino.

"Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for."

In Philly they got their first furs together. In Atlanta they bought belts by he fistful, two of each because each knew if he liked something, then the otherwould too. Once they went to LA and had lunch at the oh-so-trendy Ivy, staying for more than three hours.

And when the girls came around - at dinner, after dinner, at clubs - Francis watched Mobley's back, warning him off the ones who just wanted to tear off apiece of NBA fame for their scrapbooks. Sometimes they'd just sit at the bar, backs to the rest of the room, engrossed in conversation.

[Francis] and Mobley are at yet another of their infamous dinners, interrupting each other as they talk about all the good old times, filling in eachother's gaps [snip]

Back
Top Bottom