when Nike takes over da NBA license, bye replicas in stores.

man remember when swingmans were like $75?

i own 1 basketball jersey tho, china rep :lol:

Yea and those were hands down the best swing mans

Not sure why people keep mentioning that people will be forced to buy authentication. Ain't no one spending $300 because the $60 replica or whatever they cost isn't in store, they'll just order it.

If anything swingman sales will go up while they're linda expensive but still affordable in a way

what is the opinion of a swingman jersey amongst jersey connoisseurs??
XwEQ7H.gif
laugh.gif

take this rep playboy

Last edited:
The league and the apparel makers have been conning the public for years. Authentics are trash and shouldn't be called that. I paid for authentic product and then ended up being given stuff directly from the Houston rockets locker room. COMPLETELY different. Huge difference between retail authentic and procut quality, especially the shorts and the stitching on the jerseys. Yet the nba would have people believe "wear what THEY wear on court!" Only retail league jerseys I will support are Mitchell and ness.

People in other threads happy nike back but forget nike loves raising prices. They not even happy with how nike has handled nfl jerseys.

I thought swingmans were cool, back in HS if you had a swingman that was basically an authentic :lol:. Would never touch a replica tho, those shouldn't even be sold.

The league and the apparel makers have been conning the public for years. Authentics are trash and shouldn't be called that. I paid for authentic product and then ended up being given stuff directly from the Houston rockets locker room. COMPLETELY different. Huge difference between retail authentic and procut quality, especially the shorts and the stitching on the jerseys. Yet the nba would have people believe "wear what THEY wear on court!" Only retail league jerseys I will support are Mitchell and ness.

procuts were only better during da early 90's, during da late 90's-early 00's a authentic was identical to da procut versions in regards to materials and quality.

current adidas jerseys authentic are no different from game worn on da court varieties.

Last edited:
People in other threads happy nike back but forget nike loves raising prices. They not even happy with how nike has handled nfl jerseys.

not just that, jerseys are thin and cheap these days.

terrible materials

procuts were only better during da early 90's, during da late 90's-early 00's a authentic was identical to da procut versions in regards to materials and quality.

current adidas jerseys authentic are no different from game worn on da court varieties.

yea, the jersey itself. what about the numbers and letters? :lol:

Can't you also get grey market jerseys now though or are those just glorified fakes

So unauthorized" manufacturing of goods just means fakes even if it's in the same factories ?

So unauthorized" manufacturing of goods just means fakes even if it's in the same factories ?

yes because same factory doesn't mean same materials. factories are all contracted out

there is no UA shoes, just a way for kids to pretend they're authentic

Just buy them at your local team store. I would never wear an NBA jersey to anything other than an NBA game anyway. They're just like NHL jerseys, tacky as hell.

Last edited:
current authentic jerseys cost toooo much.

if you're wondering why batting practice jerseys have been so successful, da MSRP being $80 and actually being authentic doesn't hurt at all.

why pay more for a swing man @ $110?

Bps actually looks good I would pay 110 for them

Never heard of grey market jerseys but completely agree on the price of authentics being ridiculous. What about NFL jerseys? Those have always been expensive as far as I recall.

yea, the jersey itself. what about the numbers and letters? :lol:

EPS numbers are pretty identical to da NBA joints.

that tim Hardaway JR buy confirmed it for me.

NBA I converted to a authentic only guy. I might give the future m&n swingmans a try though. NFL I prefer authentics but will still buy m&n replicas & some nike limited depending. MLB authentics only. NHL either premier or authentic. 

The idea seems to be a great idea from a business concept and from crazy true Nike heads ( Aka you don't see no one wearing replica Nikes, do you? and then respect them?). So Yeah, that is their product and that is how they manage it.

From a customer perspective, like you said Nike raises prices ++++then again economically, everything is rising all the time as well. So you gotta take into consideration (with evolution of design, comfort and etc.. I think they are lacking cuz the competition caught up)

Last edited:
nike taking over da NBA gives em da ability to retro 90's era jerseys they already had control over (Blazers, Mavericks, Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Pistons, Spurs, Raptors)

nike taking over da NBA gives em da ability to retro 90's era jerseys they already had control over (Blazers, Mavericks, Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Pistons, Spurs, Raptors)

Yeah a Bulls Jordan or Rockets Hakeem swingman would be nice...last swingman I bought about 10 yrs ago was about $85.00. Cost of living goes up, I figure most everything else will too Jordan retros went way the heck up for the same shoe. I think screen printed replicas should be only for kids IMO. BTW all Hornets jerseys will be Jordan Brand not sure about replicas though.

I wonder what they will sell at the stadiums.

and this will affect people who are actually fans of a team and are used to going to their local store and getting a cheaper jersey to go to a game or sports bar.

Back
Top Bottom