When did Chris Bosh become a superstar?

The word superstar is thrown around too liberally. LeBron James and Dwayne Wade are superstars. In his career he has made the All-NBA Second Team once back in 06-07 and has never made an All-NBA Defensive Team. Throughout the recent Free Agency period, the media made it appear that Chris Bosh was better than he actually is. Is he a good player to have on a team? Yes, a good second option. Was he one of the better free agents this year? Yes. Was he a max type player? No. How does he become part of the "best basketball trio ever" when he's only had three playoff victories and 5 lottery seasons on his resume?  People are comparing this trio to when Hulk Hogan defected from WCW and joined the NWO. As a former wrestling fan, it would be unfair to compare Chris Bosh to Kevin Nash. If you're going to compare him to someone in the NWO he'd be Virgil/Vincent.

The word superstar is thrown around too liberally. LeBron James and Dwayne Wade are superstars. In his career he has made the All-NBA Second Team once back in 06-07 and has never made an All-NBA Defensive Team. Throughout the recent Free Agency period, the media made it appear that Chris Bosh was better than he actually is. Is he a good player to have on a team? Yes, a good second option. Was he one of the better free agents this year? Yes. Was he a max type player? No. How does he become part of the "best basketball trio ever" when he's only had three playoff victories and 5 lottery seasons on his resume?  People are comparing this trio to when Hulk Hogan defected from WCW and joined the NWO. As a former wrestling fan, it would be unfair to compare Chris Bosh to Kevin Nash. If you're going to compare him to someone in the NWO he'd be Virgil/Vincent.

He's not. He's an All-Star, there may be 5 or 7 true SUPERSTARS in the league: Kobe, Bron, Wade, CP3, D12, KD, Melo

He's not. He's an All-Star, there may be 5 or 7 true SUPERSTARS in the league: Kobe, Bron, Wade, CP3, D12, KD, Melo

The same way Pau Gasol has. Once you pair an all-star with one of the league's best and teams defensive schemes aren't centered around him.

The same way Pau Gasol has. Once you pair an all-star with one of the league's best and teams defensive schemes aren't centered around him.

Bosh is def. not a superstar... But he's a STUD for sure.
He was killin it for fantasy owners last year.

Bosh is def. not a superstar... But he's a STUD for sure.
He was killin it for fantasy owners last year.

I been noticing how they just sweeping Bosh in to greatness. He's very good but some ppl talk like he's guaranteed to be a hall of famer. Before this it definitely was not the case.

I notice some ppl's post be saying 3 top 10 players in the L instead of 2 top 10 players and top 20/top 5 pfs in the L.

I been noticing how they just sweeping Bosh in to greatness. He's very good but some ppl talk like he's guaranteed to be a hall of famer. Before this it definitely was not the case.

I notice some ppl's post be saying 3 top 10 players in the L instead of 2 top 10 players and top 20/top 5 pfs in the L.

I hear ya.

He didn't become one. The media anoints him as one simply because that makes the "Trio" sound better for their morning headlines. So don't let that cloud the reality which is what most NBA heads know - good player, all star, and a big man and those don't grow on trees.

This day and age "good player" basically means "Superstar."

I hear ya.

He didn't become one. The media anoints him as one simply because that makes the "Trio" sound better for their morning headlines. So don't let that cloud the reality which is what most NBA heads know - good player, all star, and a big man and those don't grow on trees.

This day and age "good player" basically means "Superstar."

Hahaha @ comparing Bosh to Virgil. I would call Bosh Virgil as well. Virgil was ALWAYS around but nobody understood why he was around. I used to hate seeing dude LOL.

Hahaha @ comparing Bosh to Virgil. I would call Bosh Virgil as well. Virgil was ALWAYS around but nobody understood why he was around. I used to hate seeing dude LOL.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

cosign 

Originally Posted by goukiteg

cosign 

Bosh is a good player, i think being at toronto didnt help his cause, if he was somewhere else and was winning more i think you could make an agrument for him bein a superstar. Look at Gasol, he was a good player a memphis, when he got on a bigger stage and his talents was under the spot light he became the lakers #2

Bosh is a good player, i think being at toronto didnt help his cause, if he was somewhere else and was winning more i think you could make an agrument for him bein a superstar. Look at Gasol, he was a good player a memphis, when he got on a bigger stage and his talents was under the spot light he became the lakers #2

Back
Top Bottom