When a woman freely refers to herself as someone's "baby mama"

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

A woman who describes herself as a "baby mama" lacks self respect. That's not an endearing term to describe yourself with.

Not anymore...its basically accepted in mainstream culture...

A woman who describes herself as a "baby mama" lacks self respect. That's not an endearing term to describe yourself with.

man i just was around a group of chicks referimg to guys as they baby daddy.... and its natural for me to correct that.
i hate that term and baby mama, its so damn ghetto.... i have made girls say, "father of my son/daughter, they know better than to say that around me

BTW I have no idea why it bothers me so much it just does

man i just was around a group of chicks referimg to guys as they baby daddy.... and its natural for me to correct that.
i hate that term and baby mama, its so damn ghetto.... i have made girls say, "father of my son/daughter, they know better than to say that around me

BTW I have no idea why it bothers me so much it just does

sometimes i swear mans on niketalk are battyfish...so u basically saying u would smash a g who didnt call herself a babymother but had a kid just cuz she didnt 'degrade' herself by saying shes a babymoms...thats not 'queen by any means'?

sometimes i swear mans on niketalk are battyfish...so u basically saying u would smash a g who didnt call herself a babymother but had a kid just cuz she didnt 'degrade' herself by saying shes a babymoms...thats not 'queen by any means'?

ide be offended by baby daddy. My childrens father or we have children together will do. Its not about trying to be fancy, just show some class.

ide be offended by baby daddy. My childrens father or we have children together will do. Its not about trying to be fancy, just show some class.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

This.  Also, there is a difference when it is being said "off the cuff" and only used to refer to yourself when in circles of friends or whatever.  It's important to me that my children not hear it used by my wife or myself or family etc... especially my daughter because I don't want the "having children with multiples outside of marriage" to be normalized or perceived as acceptable.

As parents, we have to set standards, no matter what is mainstream or normal in society.  Our homes are reflections of our values and morals.  Society has been crumbling for years and there is just an overall lack of morality and self-respect in mainstream American culture especially.  But this doesn't have to be reinforced in our homes.

The fate of the world is in the hands of the youth. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

This.  Also, there is a difference when it is being said "off the cuff" and only used to refer to yourself when in circles of friends or whatever.  It's important to me that my children not hear it used by my wife or myself or family etc... especially my daughter because I don't want the "having children with multiples outside of marriage" to be normalized or perceived as acceptable.

As parents, we have to set standards, no matter what is mainstream or normal in society.  Our homes are reflections of our values and morals.  Society has been crumbling for years and there is just an overall lack of morality and self-respect in mainstream American culture especially.  But this doesn't have to be reinforced in our homes.

The fate of the world is in the hands of the youth. 

Quality post rojan.
Like Queen Latifah said "when we playin' it's cool",but in certain settings it's absolutely ******ed (at least to me) to refer to the father or mother of the child (or children) in that manner (or for them to refer to THEMSELVES in that manner)."The Mother of my children" or "the Father of my children" has MUCH more depth/substance behind it
(when you hear it) than "my baby daddy" or "my baby mama" which has all sorts of negativity attatched to it.

Quality post rojan.
Like Queen Latifah said "when we playin' it's cool",but in certain settings it's absolutely ******ed (at least to me) to refer to the father or mother of the child (or children) in that manner (or for them to refer to THEMSELVES in that manner)."The Mother of my children" or "the Father of my children" has MUCH more depth/substance behind it
(when you hear it) than "my baby daddy" or "my baby mama" which has all sorts of negativity attatched to it.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

It rhymes with good cat.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom