What's this Year's Summer Anthem? VOL: Is There Any?

So a handful of us were having this discussion on twitter last night...

The discussion went from

- "what constitutes a summer anthem"

- "is there a cut off date for a summer anthem in terms of when it was released"

- "Can a summer anthem be released in January or February"

etc.

Some answers that came in were:

What say you...

I'd say wait till around June or July. I rememeber back in 2008 all the summer anthems  came out followed by the albums either that season or the following

new summer anthem will come from one of the albums i think this year. coles album drops, kanyes drops, ace hoods drops, khaleds drops. the anthem will come soon. and uoeno is wack as hell, no idea why everyone loves that crap song

It really hasn't been a summer anthem in years. 

Clipse - Grindin was a summer anthem.

Lil Wayne - A milli was a summer anthem. 

just a few off top. 

Oh, and DMX use to put out summer bangers. 

It really hasn't been a summer anthem in years. 

Clipse - Grindin was a summer anthem.

Lil Wayne - A milli was a summer anthem. 

just a few off top. 

Oh, and DMX use to put out summer bangers. 

Remember Summer 03'? Get Low, Dipset (Santana Town), Shake Ya tail feather, Like A Pimp

I think this years summer anthem will drop sometime in June... I personally wouldn't consider Bugatti or SFTB summer anthems since they dropped a little while back & had their buzz for a minute now. Around now is the time when I usually think of summer anthems.

I Get Money was also a summer anthem. When that came on in parties out here in nyc that **** always had everybody turnt up, good times man.

I say no to them songs, but "tapout" and "Rick as f**k" been all over the radio lately. Top candidates so far too me.

Last edited:
^^^ yea they weak, me personally I've been bumping that t.i b.o.b Kendrick song. "Memories". Not really a anthem but been my ish the last few weeks, on the ignorant side been ******g wit that new gucci "darker"

Last edited:
a lot of confusion in this thread about summer anthems. hopefully there is that ONE specific that 90 percent agree upon... that IMO usually is what makes something a summer anthem. something EVERYONE IS JAMMING EVERYWEHERE. not just in your neighborhood. that said, it aint out yet.

Back
Top Bottom