what's the strangest place you picked up J's for cheap or even free??

It was a few months after the Military 4's came out when I was driving to work and seen a pair in the side of the road near a ditch.  They were beat to hell and looked as if the had been worn by a bum and left behind.  I remember pointing them out to my wife and told her I should stop to pick them up as the NT community would have a blast with this one.  She gave me the "don't you dare" look.....but damn that would of been hilarious.I didn't actually get them but passed by them for about a week on the way to work till they disappeared.  this wasn't an actual pick up but thought it was classic. 

So my oddest pickup was today after my son's bball game I went to get some new Nike socks at Ross and overheard a little kid getting excited about some shoes he found on the rack.  His mom was like "what's the big deal".  he said: "mom they are Jordans".  I went over to the size 10.5 section and found these for $49.99.  I never really likes them or hated them for at that price, i can use another hoopin shoe.  They had a 7.5 for my son which is a whole size big for him but I bought them for next school year.... I'm sure some have found better and maybe even a hotter shoe but I would of never guessed Ross.

Hope these are comfy to play in, if not oh well, another beater shoe.

It was a few months after the Military 4's came out when I was driving to work and seen a pair in the side of the road near a ditch.  They were beat to hell and looked as if the had been worn by a bum and left behind.  I remember pointing them out to my wife and told her I should stop to pick them up as the NT community would have a blast with this one.  She gave me the "don't you dare" look.....but damn that would of been hilarious.I didn't actually get them but passed by them for about a week on the way to work till they disappeared.  this wasn't an actual pick up but thought it was classic. 

So my oddest pickup was today after my son's bball game I went to get some new Nike socks at Ross and overheard a little kid getting excited about some shoes he found on the rack.  His mom was like "what's the big deal".  he said: "mom they are Jordans".  I went over to the size 10.5 section and found these for $49.99.  I never really likes them or hated them for at that price, i can use another hoopin shoe.  They had a 7.5 for my son which is a whole size big for him but I bought them for next school year.... I'm sure some have found better and maybe even a hotter shoe but I would of never guessed Ross.

Hope these are comfy to play in, if not oh well, another beater shoe.

sorry let me take that back 1990 i got the black metallic 5s for 39.99 at this store named hermans my first pair of jays.

sorry let me take that back 1990 i got the black metallic 5s for 39.99 at this store named hermans my first pair of jays.

I had gotten a couple of pairs of Jordan 11's for free back in 2008 from an old co-worker. One was a pair of Pink SnakeSkin 11 lows and a pair of White/Citrus 11 lows. My co-worker had no knowledge about Jordans and hated the way they looked so she gave them to me since she knew she wore the size as my wife.

Then in 2009 while I was out sofa shopping, I passing by a thrift store and spotted a sofa on sale that I liked. As I went in I spotted a pair of Fire Red 5's in a size 10.5 on sale for $9.99 on the shoe rack. I picked them up and sold them for $100 shipped. I would have kept them if they were a size 9
smile.gif

I had gotten a couple of pairs of Jordan 11's for free back in 2008 from an old co-worker. One was a pair of Pink SnakeSkin 11 lows and a pair of White/Citrus 11 lows. My co-worker had no knowledge about Jordans and hated the way they looked so she gave them to me since she knew she wore the size as my wife.

Then in 2009 while I was out sofa shopping, I passing by a thrift store and spotted a sofa on sale that I liked. As I went in I spotted a pair of Fire Red 5's in a size 10.5 on sale for $9.99 on the shoe rack. I picked them up and sold them for $100 shipped. I would have kept them if they were a size 9
smile.gif

Originally Posted by babyJs23

smile.gif
uuhhh, I figured that my find wouldn't match up to most on here.  That's insane..damn babyJs23, I wear a 10.5 too.  I  I would have known. I would of easily given you triple what you paid.
pimp.gif

smile.gif
uuhhh, I figured that my find wouldn't match up to most on here.  That's insane..damn babyJs23, I wear a 10.5 too.  I  I would have known. I would of easily given you triple what you paid.
pimp.gif

St. Vincent DePaul's in Detroit (Grand River and Greenfield)... they were remodeling, so the place was a disaster... looked at the shoes quickly, didn't see anything, but saw another display of them near the back (really dirty back there). Hidden behind some destroyed Shox were some decent (but dusty) Jordan Retro 2's (white/black, 2004 retro, size 11). Guy said they were on sale, got them for $2.50. Cleaned them up, and they were good to go.

St. Vincent DePaul's in Detroit (Grand River and Greenfield)... they were remodeling, so the place was a disaster... looked at the shoes quickly, didn't see anything, but saw another display of them near the back (really dirty back there). Hidden behind some destroyed Shox were some decent (but dusty) Jordan Retro 2's (white/black, 2004 retro, size 11). Guy said they were on sale, got them for $2.50. Cleaned them up, and they were good to go.

Originally Posted by create24chaos

smile.gif
pimp.gif

That was just luck that day
smile.gif
If I find some kicks in that size again, I will PM you. The Salvation Army here receives some from time to time but not often.

Originally Posted by create24chaos

smile.gif
pimp.gif

That was just luck that day
smile.gif
If I find some kicks in that size again, I will PM you. The Salvation Army here receives some from time to time but not often.

I used to work at a Goodwill in 2008 and someone donated some nds air Jordan low xii's white/black took them for free.
pimp.gif

I used to work at a Goodwill in 2008 and someone donated some nds air Jordan low xii's white/black took them for free.
pimp.gif

flea market in oceanside ca. found some jordan xiv's in the white/black/silver colorway. my size exactly, 11.5. haggled with the woman for 5 minutes and got them knocked down to $15.

flea market in oceanside ca. found some jordan xiv's in the white/black/silver colorway. my size exactly, 11.5. haggled with the woman for 5 minutes and got them knocked down to $15.

DS 16/7's package from Modells for 160 it was around the time for the Finale 23's and i was in the bronx on fordham when i went to modells i bought a fold out chair and saw the sneakers i found out the size and said to myself if i dont get these 23's im getting the pack but after camping i did get my 23's and i was broke 3 weeks later i go back to modells and they still got that one pack in my size
pimp.gif

DS 16/7's package from Modells for 160 it was around the time for the Finale 23's and i was in the bronx on fordham when i went to modells i bought a fold out chair and saw the sneakers i found out the size and said to myself if i dont get these 23's im getting the pack but after camping i did get my 23's and i was broke 3 weeks later i go back to modells and they still got that one pack in my size
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

pimp.gif

Nice
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
$160 for that pack is a good deal right there.

Back
Top Bottom