what's the point of drinking

Right, because successful people aren't foolish and definitely don't drink
laugh.gif

You think you're going to be successful with that mindset of yours? Who's going to want to work for you? Who's going to want to work WITH you?

You sound like a party pooper, a downer, the guy who turns down a beer when everyone in the room is offering. No one wants to work with someone who sounds as miserable as you.

Lighten up and stop taking yourself so seriously. That should be the first step to being successful.
your idea of successful is obv a lot less than mine...

and losers are pretty much the only people who do something they don't want to just so they fit in IMO.. 

let me guess if everyone in the room is doing likes of coke you would too?

be your own man
I drink because I like to.

And also in the business world you have to do it. Taking clients/potential clients out can seal the deal on a new client or keep current ones happy, lets them know you dont forget about them.

Aside from the business world, its awesome way to socialize and at the end of the night have an encounter with a woman you just met. haha
Or those times that you go out just to chill with some friends.

Horray drinking! LOL
that's just not true... you might be watching too much mad men...

if you need alcohol to bang a chick or chill with your friends then you need to consider working on developing your social skills... no offense

laugh.gif

Please define success...
IMO it is making your lifelong dreams come true

but you have to figure out for yourself what you need to do to make your life a success ... people who I see as successful aren't known for parting or drinking... they are known for being hard workers

your idea of successful is obv a lot less than mine...

and losers are pretty much the only people who do something they don't want to just so they fit in IMO.. 

let me guess if everyone in the room is doing likes of coke you would too?

be your own man

that's just not true... you might be watching too much mad men...

if you need alcohol to bang a chick or chill with your friends then you need to consider working on developing your social skills... no offense
This. 

I am not trying to convince anyone not to EVER drink... the topic is 'What's the point of drinking' or what is the use or value... I have yet to see a good reason to drink ...
the way i get drunk sometimes, 5s turn into 9's.. dont ask
Yep... another reason I slowed down then quit... too many BAD decisions made while I was drinking
That doesn't really make any sense

Drinking correlates to lack of social skills? I find some of the most socially awkward people are the ones who don't touch alcohol likes it's devils blood
Funny ... cause I find that almost all homeless people are alcoholics .. I'd rather risk being socially awkward and sober ... than risk eventually ending up homeless cause i am a raging alcoholic

since you want to take it to extremes...

Last edited:
I am not trying to convince anyone not to EVER drink... the topic is 'What's the point of drinking' or what is the use or value... I have yet to see a good reason to drink ...
the way i get drunk sometimes, 5s turn into 9's.. dont ask
Yep... another reason I slowed down then quit... too many BAD decisions made while I was drinking
That doesn't really make any sense

Drinking correlates to lack of social skills? I find some of the most socially awkward people are the ones who don't touch alcohol likes it's devils blood
Funny ... cause I find that almost all homeless people are alcoholics .. I'd rather risk being socially awkward and sober ... than risk eventually ending up homeless cause i am a raging alcoholic

Sounds like you lack self control.

Lol @ these peer pressured cats on here...

So if everyone passes a drink around a room and you don't take it, you're socially awkward? Thus meaning you have a horrible personality? OK.

Not saying not to drink at all, but if you don't want to its okay b.

Lol what? Jesus I feel smarter when I come on NT

DON'T HAVE A BEER MY FELLOW NTERS, NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU'LL BE ON THE STREETS WITH YOUR DOG SCRAPPY ALL BECAUSE YOU HAD A BEER IN 2013

whats up with all the extremes?

some ***** drink, some ***** don't

cool either way

Hey guys, lets ruin more fun threads by Turing them either racist, about money, social class, or the meaning of life!

:smh:

As all ways NT goes to the extremes to prove their points
Just cause you like to drink doesn't mean your an alcoholic fool that has a crappy liver and can't keep a steady job

And just cause you don't drink doesn't mean your an anti social loser that likes to rain on other people's parades

This is the best post of this entire thread

Damn, I could be one more beer away from turning tricks under a freeway overpass.

Last edited:
Lol what? Jesus I feel smarter when I come on NT

DON'T HAVE A BEER MY FELLOW NTERS, NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU'LL BE ON THE STREETS WITH YOUR DOG SCRAPPY ALL BECAUSE YOU HAD A BEER IN 2013

:lol:

Anyhow I just watched Flight, I'm convinced some people just don't have the will power to drink and not ruin their lives #SARCASM

I think a more interesting debate in here is about whether or not liquor tastes good. A part of me understands why many people don't think it tastes good, but this is a far from universal sentiment. In many cultures alcohol is consumed with meals to enhance the taste of the experience eg. wine with a meal or a good dark beer with spicy food or German beer with bratwurst. Really good beer tastes excellent to me, but the cheap mass produced stuff tastes like an alcoholic drank a handle of 151 and peed into a keg.

There are some liquors others have a taste for that I generally don't, I despise rum and spiced drinks for some reason but others love it. I am more of a good scotch and whiskey man.

Clear drinks could go either way for me, but it needs to be top shelf and essentially tasteless for me to savor it. The only Gins I can actually drink on the rocks is Bombay and Tanqarey.

Cliff notes: the fact that you don't like the taste of alcohol doesn't mean some people don't genuinely savor it.

Last edited:
:lol:

Anyhow I just watched Flight, I'm convinced some people just don't have the will power to drink and not ruin their lives #SARCASM

I think a more interesting debate in here is about whether or not liquor tastes good. A part of me understands why many people don't think it tastes good, but this is a far from universal sentiment. In many cultures alcohol is consumed with meals to enhance the taste of the experience eg. wine with a meal or a good dark beer with spicy food or German beer with bratwurst. Really good beer tastes excellent to me, but the cheap mass produced stuff tastes like an alcoholic drank a handle of 151 and peed into a keg.

There are some liquors others have a taste for that I generally don't, I despise rum and spiced drinks for some reason but others love it. I am more of a good scotch and whiskey man.

Clear drinks could go either way for me, but it needs to be top shelf and essentially tasteless for me to savor it. The only Gins I can actually drink on the rocks is Bombay and Tanqarey.

Cliff notes: the fact that you don't like the taste of alcohol doesn't mean some people don't genuinely savor it.

Quality beer is delicious.

My friends put me on to a bunch of foreign stuff and premium beers and I can say I enjoy the taste of most the stuff I've had

I love a good beer but hate wine and liquor

I generally have a microbrew of some kind daily with dinner which also has been proven to have health benefits

I think a more interesting debate in here is about whether or not liquor tastes good.

I absolutely love the taste of a great small batch, high proof, rye, bourbon or whiskey. I savor every sip. The amount of craftsmanship that goes into making great liquor is astounding. It's why I drink it neat. It's almost a salute to all of the work that goes into their product. They fastidiously choose the wood they use for the barrels. They pull out all the stops to make their bourbon the best. That's what's great about bourbon. They all taste different. They finish different. They smell different. They compliment foods differently.

Until I held my son, a great bourbon, while either drinking alone or with a few friends, while listening to Ralph Vaughan Williams' "Five Variants of Dives and Lazarus" was one of the most beautiful things this world had to offer. I have no need to find god or the "holy spirit," I have a beautiful bar full of the holiest of spirits. Unlike god, they are always there and are never pricks. There isn't an orgasm you can have that is more perfect than when that initial tide of warmth from the perfect bourbon comes over you. It charms you. Every bourbon in my bar outshine the cornucopia of the drugs I have consumed in my life.

Last edited:
I've been drinking for a while now, and I've recently started my conversion into a wine drinker.. Reason being, I like to drink because of that physiological feeling that comes over your body after an adequate amount of alcohol enters. You just feel good and stop stressing about things. But drinking beer gets heavy to fast and makes me feel sluggish, and liquor is either to strong and or to sugary if diluting it with mixes(yea I know you don't have to use sugary drinks, but they go best). So I just have a couple glasses of wine to give me a good buzz, and still feel light. I guess there's really no point to drinking except the effects it has on your emotional well being and or senses, but I guess it depends on several factors. Why you are drinking for one, traumatic reasons? for fun? depression? because its cool? your a connoisseur of certain alcohols? bored?

I think a majority of people drink because its tradition. But I see where your coming from, alcohol does cause brain damage if used obsessively, and even mildly, so why do people drink even though its a disservice to their mental processing? Because we live in a whacked out society, and alc is our dystopian "Soma" "Victory Gin"

I absolutely love the taste of a great small batch, high proof, rye, bourbon or whiskey. I savor every sip. The amount of craftsmanship that goes into making great liquor is astounding. It's why I drink it neat. It's almost a salute to all of the work that goes into their product. They fastidiously choose the wood they use for the barrels. They pull out all the stops to make their bourbon the best. That's what's great about bourbon. They all taste different. They finish different. They smell different. They compliment foods differently.

Until I held my son, a great bourbon, while either drinking alone or with a few friends, while listening to Ralph Vaughan Williams' "Five Variants of Dives and Lazarus" was one of the most beautiful things this world had to offer. I have no need to find god or the "holy spirit," I have a beautiful bar full of the holiest of spirits. Unlike god, they are always there and are never pricks. There isn't an orgasm you can have that is more perfect than when that initial tide of warmth from the perfect bourbon comes over you. It charms you. Every bourbon in my bar outshine the cornucopia of the drugs I have consumed in my life.[/quote]

:lol: :smokin

Now you dudes got me feinding for a drink.

Last edited:
I've been drinking for a while now, and I've recently started my conversion into a wine drinker.. Reason being, I like to drink because of that physiological feeling that comes over your body after an adequate amount of alcohol enters. You just feel good and stop stressing about things. But drinking beer gets heavy to fast and makes me feel sluggish, and liquor is either to strong and or to sugary if diluting it with mixes(yea I know you don't have to use sugary drinks, but they go best). So I just have a couple glasses of wine to give me a good buzz, and still feel light. I guess there's really no point to drinking except the effects it has on your emotional well being and or senses, but I guess it depends on several factors. Why you are drinking for one, traumatic reasons? for fun? depression? because its cool? your a connoisseur of certain alcohols? bored?

I think a majority of people drink because its tradition. But I see where your coming from, alcohol does cause brain damage if used obsessively, and even mildly, so why do people drink even though its a disservice to their mental processing? Because we live in a whacked out society, and alc is our dystopian "Soma" "Victory Gin"

Agreed with you till the end. Humans have been drinking since before Jesus Christ. So I don't think the society we live in now has to do with it

laugh.gif
bunch of little kids in here spewing their opinions about alcohol. Wait till you grow up and have a stressful job. There's nothing wrong with having a beer/scotch or two or three on a Fri/Sat night chilling with friends after a long week of work.

Back
Top Bottom