What's the one "impulse buy" item you've been resisting for years?

Thread title makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It really doesn't when you think about it :lol:

It seems like most people decided to either interpret it as "Superfluous items you've been resisting buying for years" or "Impulse purchases you now regret".

Db / oregon foams ..want so bad! but can't myself to pull the trigger for the resell prices :/

ooooooooooo what's the companies name that makes those
I wanna get my a set when I cop the Foxbody stang

Dayton Wire Wheel Co. aka Daytons aka "D's"

They look great but they're a pita to maintain. Its a pain to clean all 100 spokes and they rust like hell if you dont dry them all after cleaning. They're extremely easy to steal because they're threaded so they dont lock and all you need is a mallet to loosen the knockoff in the center and remove the rim. Since they're threaded they're designed to tighten when moving forward.....but this also means they loosen in reverse. Ever seen someone peel out of a spot backwards and watch a rim go flying off the car?....... Not a good look :x

:lol: my thoughts exactly

Macbook
White Common Projects Achilles (Never spent more than $250 on shoes before)

Recently just copped a new TV after a few years with a 24" dorm joint :x :lol:

It really doesn't when you think about it :lol:

It seems like most people decided to either interpret it as "Superfluous items you've been resisting buying for years" or "Impulse purchases you now regret".

Now that you guy's point it out, whoever typed out the title really should have said "impulse purchase" to start with. It seems like most people tried correcting it in their heads and assumed it was followed up by "that you regret." Well, that was my logic lol I'm on mobile every time I'm on NT so I only see the first couple word's of a title at the top in red and usually don't even bother reading the first post if I see mistakes with the title.

None.  Whatsoever.  
laugh.gif

If this is about impulse buys I now regret, I regret my wife buying a car on her own.  She let those dudes take her to the cleaners and they obliged.  
mean.gif
mean.gif
  And here she is thinking she did the damn thang because she got "free" tints.  

Still get heated when I think about it.  
laugh.gif

Cash mere Burberry scarf

Day-date Rolex brand new. I could afford it but t would practically wipe out my savings. The joy would be priceless,though

If a watch would "practically wipe out you savings" then you can't actually "afford" it.

Exactly. By nature, nothing you've resisted buying for years is an impulse purchase - even if you ultimately buy it. You spent years thinking about it - the polar opposite of an impulse.

This is more like, "what item do want, but still can't justify buying"

For me, I'm going with the Video Graff box set. A good amount of it is available on youtube, and I already paid for several volumes in like 1993. ...I just want to see the YES motion bombing clip again!

it's always been jerseys for me....i been wanting the US centennial jersey for a while and i think i just about missed out

I've been thinking about buying a couple prints and getting them framed. The frames cost more than the print and I have nowhere to hang them until I move.

If a watch would "practically wipe out you savings" then you can't actually "afford it "

I don't know why afford is placed in quotation you either have the funds to buy it or not. It's a 35,000 watch. It won't send me under I still have a steady income.
Everyone has a different way to manage their money. IF he says he can afford it, than he probably can

Last edited:
isn't an impulse buy something you quickly decide to buy and regret it instantly?

Idk if i have that type of money yet :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know why afford is placed in quotation you either have the funds to buy it or not. It's a 35,000 watch. It won't send me under I still have a steady income.

Everyone has a different way to manage their money. IF he says he can afford it, than he probably can

The reason why I put it in quotes is because you can "afford" it, but you can't afford it.

By, your logic, I can "afford" a Phantom - hey, all I have to do is sell my house. ...I'd still have steady income.

A watch is a luxury accessory. If you have to dip into your savings at all for a luxury accessory, let alone almost wipe it to zero, you probably can't "afford" it.

I knew a dude who bought an S500 when he was 19 - he drove it without insurance because he couldn't afford to pay insurance, he never took it to the mechanic because he didn't have the money to do regular maintenance, and he used to ask heads for gas money. But, he bought the car, so I guess that means he could afford the ride.

...That's what the quotation marks mean.

No big deal though. No reason to hold up the thread. Continue.

Back
Top Bottom